SPuat:
Chad Lindsey 3* OL (No Auburn Offer)
Austin Shepard 3* OL (No Auburn Offer)
Wilson Love 3* DE (No Auburn Offer)

Auburn:
Ed Christian 4* OL (SPuat Offer)
Shon Coleman 4* OL (SPuat Offer)
Craig Sanders 4* DE (SPuat Offer)

Also the record stands at (10-7) with Auburn in the lead.
OH NOES! Three guys at two positions we're not nearly as shallow at as AU! We're done for! I mean, really? Aren't a few of your OL backups walk-ons? AU has 4 DEs and loses one after this season. When you're as thin as AU is, its going to take alot more than that. Especially with the talent we have on the DL.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: So This Makes...
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2009, 06:36:15 PM »
OH NOES! Three guys at two positions we're not nearly as shallow at as AU! We're done for! I mean, really? Aren't a few of your OL backups walk-ons? AU has 4 DEs and loses one after this season. When you're as thin as AU is, its going to take alot more than that. Especially with the talent we have on the DL.
That was done in response to your "if we were bringing in say walk-ons or 3* guys in the positions that AU is winning guys straight up in, then sure, that would be a reason to worry."  There was nothing in that quote about Depth...now was there?  I know it's hard for you to wrap your mind around the fact that Auburn is doing a great job in recruiting and the fact that Auburn has guys that are committed that your little midget wanted and they are in positions where y'all have 3* committed recruits that Coach Chizik didn't want.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2009, 01:02:14 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2009, 01:44:00 PM »
OH NOES! Three guys at two positions we're not nearly as shallow at as AU! We're done for! I mean, really? Aren't a few of your OL backups walk-ons?

Shit.  You officially sound like the "pothole" in the tire commercial I see on TV now.   You know... the one that says, "OH NOES!!!  You're tire's all flat and junk."....

Congrats, you're a teenage airhead.

I think what Bammers like yourself need to start thinking about, is now that AU is clearly filling these positions, and you're NOT dominating recruiting over us now (regardless the reason), will Saban be able to keep Alabama on top when the other schools in the SEC West start to catch up and fill in recruited talent?

Nobody can answer that.  My guess?  He won't be around long enough to find out.  First sign that it's getting difficult, he'll escape to go "build" another program somewhere else.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2009, 01:44:01 PM »
Yeah, cause having studs redshirt means his last class was a bust.

And besides, you bringing up the class he put together in less than two months is a clear deflection from the argument, which is about this year's class.
4/7 of the guys you got that we wanted were DB's. Remind me how that reflects your preaching about how you guys cherry pick and we're just in a superficial race to beat you head-to-head...
If they are redshirting, it doesn't mean they are a bust. But to say they are successful is jumping the gun as well, since they aren't seeing any PT. It goes both ways. You can't say they are beasts just because they haven't played yet, either. If we're talking about the current class and that class only, then fine. Somebody needs to specify that next time. It holds true for them as well. They haven't stepped foot on the field yet. Nobody will argue that, on paper, AU's class looks solid. On paper. Same thing for Alabama's. On paper, looks pretty damn good. But we won't know how good until some of these kids get on the field.

This Alabama class was known to be targeting DBs, WRs, and TEs specifically. We lose 2 starters and 4 backups in the secondary after this season. Those guys are:

Javier Arenas (starter)
Marquis Johnson (Arenas' backup/nickelback)
Chris Rogers (backup)
Ali Sharrief (backup)
Justin Woodall (starter)
Tyrone King (backup)

We currently have 4 DBs committed, and it could be 5 depending on how we use Keenan Allen. Of those DBs, we have one 5*, two 4*, one 3*, and depending on Keenan Allen, one more 5*.

We only lose 1 WR, however we have 3 committed to this class right now. That could be 4 WR committed, again, depending on what we do with Keenan Allen (5* commit). WR isn't a huge area of concern, as we only lose 1 after this season, but they are looking for some more playmakers. TE isn't a huge area of concern either, however, we do utilize the TEs alot in different roles, and we don't have a clear playmaker there beyond Peek. For example, Michael Williams, a 4* converted DE, is playing as Peek's backup. We have a 4* and a 3* TE committed right now. Vogler will more than likely see PT from day one. 

So, if you look at it, we're getting folks where we need folks. DB is the single most biggest need on our team after this season, and I think we are filling it nicely.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2009, 03:46:34 PM »
Just a quick question or two

When Chopper starts rampaging and blustering a pile of hot air at (and far too often getting raped by) RWS or any other assorted Bama fan, do most of you just scroll right past it because it's stupid beyond words? 

Because this entire thread was, to me, like "what a bunch of ignorant know-nothing douchebags flapping their yaps about shit they know nothing about and making themselves look like complete tools in the process." 

So if the answer is yes, would I then be correct in assuming that when he cranks up another of his patented (and perpetually doomed) "I's goona show that fuckin' Kaos, because he wears cat makeup for Halloween so that means I got him good this time" essays of inanity and stupidity, is it therefore a colossal waste of my time to punt his dumb ass all over the yard?  If I'm scrolling past all this horseshit here, it's safe to suppose, then, that many of you would, in turn, just fast-forward through any of the shit slinging going on in those instances?  And you have to call it shit slinging because in order to be considered debate or discussion both parties have to be capable of crafting a lucid and rational argument -- and well.... we all know that the poor guy just fucking can't.  Mental midget. 

I think I may have learned something here.   Hmmm.   Wonder if I'll take the time to apply that knowledge. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2009, 04:36:04 PM »
Just a quick question or two

When Chopper starts rampaging and blustering a pile of hot air at (and far too often getting raped by) RWS or any other assorted Bama fan, do most of you just scroll right past it because it's stupid beyond words?  

Because this entire thread was, to me, like "what a bunch of ignorant know-nothing douchebags flapping their yaps about shit they know nothing about and making themselves look like complete tools in the process."  

So if the answer is yes, would I then be correct in assuming that when he cranks up another of his patented (and perpetually doomed) "I's goona show that fuckin' Kaos, because he wears cat makeup for Halloween so that means I got him good this time" essays of inanity and stupidity, is it therefore a colossal waste of my time to punt his dumb ass all over the yard?  If I'm scrolling past all this horseshit here, it's safe to suppose, then, that many of you would, in turn, just fast-forward through any of the shit slinging going on in those instances?  And you have to call it shit slinging because in order to be considered debate or discussion both parties have to be capable of crafting a lucid and rational argument -- and well.... we all know that the poor guy just fucking can't.  Mental midget.  

I think I may have learned something here.   Hmmm.   Wonder if I'll take the time to apply that knowledge.  

A couple points...  Another example of "it's not about you chopper" being bullshit.  You can't let it go.  You say I'm always trying to score points when in reality all you try to do is stir shit with me, and then bitch because it happens.

Two..  YOU are the master of the so called "dino-rants", rampaging and blustering.  WAY too many examples of this.

Three... Halloween was weeks ago.  For fucks sake, go wash yourself.  You look ridiculous.

Four...  You asking, answering and then forming a judgement while having a conversation with yourself in one post only makes you look like a fucking idiot.

Five... I know you'd get support from a few bammers and a few people that just generally don't like the shit that goes on between you and I.

Six... "We all" is something you completely lack support with.  You don't represent any sort of "we all".   This is an example...again... of you needing to get over yourself.

Seven... For someone writing about how I might add nothing to the thread, I find it an interesting play on your part to rant out a question that totally has nothing to do with it either after posting nothing of related material yourself.  

Eight... It's funny, that even though RWS and I can throw the occassional barb at each other, we still manage to get along twenty five thousand times better than you're able to do.  Why is that?  Seems to me the only one with THAT much of a problem here, is you.  

SO...with example #1,344,558,998,000 of how "it's not about you Chopper" past us, why don't you just let it go...try to answer questions, stay on topic or try to do something constructive for your day.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 04:44:00 PM by AuburnChopper2.0 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2009, 05:22:34 PM »
If they are redshirting, it doesn't mean they are a bust. But to say they are successful is jumping the gun as well, since they aren't seeing any PT. It goes both ways. You can't say they are beasts just because they haven't played yet, either. If we're talking about the current class and that class only, then fine. Somebody needs to specify that next time. It holds true for them as well. They haven't stepped foot on the field yet. Nobody will argue that, on paper, AU's class looks solid. On paper. Same thing for Alabama's. On paper, looks pretty damn good. But we won't know how good until some of these kids get on the field.

This Alabama class was known to be targeting DBs, WRs, and TEs specifically. We lose 2 starters and 4 backups in the secondary after this season. Those guys are:

Javier Arenas (starter)
Marquis Johnson (Arenas' backup/nickelback)
Chris Rogers (backup)
Ali Sharrief (backup)
Justin Woodall (starter)
Tyrone King (backup)

We currently have 4 DBs committed, and it could be 5 depending on how we use Keenan Allen. Of those DBs, we have one 5*, two 4*, one 3*, and depending on Keenan Allen, one more 5*.

We only lose 1 WR, however we have 3 committed to this class right now. That could be 4 WR committed, again, depending on what we do with Keenan Allen (5* commit). WR isn't a huge area of concern, as we only lose 1 after this season, but they are looking for some more playmakers. TE isn't a huge area of concern either, however, we do utilize the TEs alot in different roles, and we don't have a clear playmaker there beyond Peek. For example, Michael Williams, a 4* converted DE, is playing as Peek's backup. We have a 4* and a 3* TE committed right now. Vogler will more than likely see PT from day one. 

So, if you look at it, we're getting folks where we need folks. DB is the single most biggest need on our team after this season, and I think we are filling it nicely.
And Auburn isn't?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2009, 05:27:03 PM »
And Auburn isn't?

This is EXACTLY why I didn't continue this debate outside my point Prowler.  RWS will twist, play Jenga and dance his point into some pro-bammer position, and somehow make Auburn's efforts seem futile.

Let him explain to himself all he wants.  Your points were good.  Bottom line is, we had to recruit linebackers, OL, RB's and a few more receivers.  We've done that beautifully so far.  We're doing the same thing Bama did in filling needs.  We're doing it with better talent than we have in the past few years.

Who do you think is next on the commit scene with Auburn?  Dixon?  Mosely?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2009, 05:48:47 PM »
A couple points...  Another example of "it's not about you chopper" being bullpoop.  You can't let it go.  You say I'm always trying to score points when in reality all you try to do is stir poop with me, and then bitch because it happens.

Two..  YOU are the master of the so called "dino-rants", rampaging and blustering.  WAY too many examples of this.

Three... Halloween was weeks ago.  For phuks sake, go wash yourself.  You look ridiculous.

Four...  You asking, answering and then forming a judgement while having a conversation with yourself in one post only makes you look like a phuking idiot.

Five... I know you'd get support from a few bammers and a few people that just generally don't like the poop that goes on between you and I.

Six... "We all" is something you completely lack support with.  You don't represent any sort of "we all".   This is an example...again... of you needing to get over yourself.

Seven... For someone writing about how I might add nothing to the thread, I find it an interesting play on your part to rant out a question that totally has nothing to do with it either after posting nothing of related material yourself.  

Eight... It's funny, that even though RWS and I can throw the occassional barb at each other, we still manage to get along twenty five thousand times better than you're able to do.  Why is that?  Seems to me the only one with THAT much of a problem here, is you.  

SO...with example #1,344,558,998,000 of how "it's not about you Chopper" past us, why don't you just let it go...try to answer questions, stay on topic or try to do something constructive for your day.

:haha:

I didn't read any of that. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2009, 05:50:05 PM »
This is EXACTLY why I didn't continue this debate outside my point Prowler.  RWS will twist, play Jenga and dance his point into some pro-bammer position, and somehow make Auburn's efforts seem futile.

Let him explain to himself all he wants.  Your points were good.  Bottom line is, we had to recruit linebackers, OL, RB's and a few more receivers.  We've done that beautifully so far.  We're doing the same thing Bama did in filling needs.  We're doing it with better talent than we have in the past few years.

Who do you think is next on the commit scene with Auburn?  Dixon?  Mosely?
I'm going to say Ahmad Dixon
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2009, 06:29:29 PM »
:haha:

I didn't read any of that. 

Not sure why, but that made me laugh out loud...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2009, 08:13:19 PM »
And Auburn isn't?
Actually, I think AU is filling their needs nicely as well. If you look, I said that on paper both classes look good. You couldn't argue it otherwise. On paper. We'll see what happens when some of these guys hit the field. You guys preached that to us when we were kicking your asses from one end of the country to the other in recruiting. Then you guys preached to us how your 3* players were actually better than the 4* and 5* players we were getting. Now you're preaching to us how CTT fucked AU by signing those guys that, at the time, some of you were proclaiming the real deal vs. our overrated players. Sometimes Rivals gets it wrong. Sometimes they get it right. Fuck, BJ Scott was a 5* player coming out of HS. He didn't even make the travel roster for MSU on Saturday. It can be just like that with any player. Signing a shitload of 4* and 5* players always looks good, and chances are that if you're signing that much highly rated talent, you're going to have a few pan out. Some won't. Get them on the field and let them play.

Are there a few guys on AU's commit list that I think might not work out? Sure. But there are some on Alabama's list that I think the same way about. You're not going to have every single person of every single signing class become a superstar.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 08:15:01 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2009, 08:16:05 PM »
A couple points...  Another example of "it's not about you chopper" being bullshit.  You can't let it go.  You say I'm always trying to score points when in reality all you try to do is stir shit with me, and then bitch because it happens.

Three... Halloween was weeks ago.  For fucks sake, go wash yourself.  You look ridiculous.

Four...  You asking, answering and then forming a judgement while having a conversation with yourself in one post only makes you look like a fucking idiot.

Five... I know you'd get support from a few bammers and a few people that just generally don't like the shit that goes on between you and I.

I hate to nitpick, but I always thought a couple was two. Just sayin.....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2009, 10:02:05 PM »

Maybe you're right, but there was too much to just stop at two...  :doh:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2009, 08:28:32 AM »
Yeah...a man and a woman, just like the Bi...oh, wait.  Wrong thread.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2009, 08:03:52 PM »
I'm going to say Ahmad Dixon

Dixon will be next, at the least one of the next 2-3. Beasley should be right behind him.

And to the rest of the thread...... :popcorn:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2009, 09:39:02 AM »
If Beasly comes in, and if at least four of the LB's we sign actually get here and play (not aware of any academic issues in this group but correct me if I'm wrong), this would HAVE to be considered one of the strongest LB signing classes in Auburn's history.

Am I wrong?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2009, 10:21:34 AM »
If Beasly comes in, and if at least four of the LB's we sign actually get here and play (not aware of any academic issues in this group but correct me if I'm wrong), this would HAVE to be considered one of the strongest LB signing classes in Auburn's history.

Am I wrong?

It's only paper.  Can't answer that question for several years.

07 was one of the best offensive line classes in college football.  How's that OL now?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 10:22:15 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2009, 10:38:01 AM »
It's only paper.  Can't answer that question for several years.

07 was one of the best offensive line classes in college football.  How's that OL now?

True.  If I played devil's advocate though....  Without Franklin (weight and two point stance crap) and some good OL recruits in '08 or 09' would they be better?  Hmmmm.....  Who's to say...

Let's hope on paper, that it's at least half as right as it seems...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions