Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

So This Makes...

JR4AU

Re: So This Makes...
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2009, 05:08:54 PM »
I just really don't think he's durable enough for SEC play. I'm sure he will put on another 20 lbs or so, I just don't think he has the football mind to play in the SEC. In part, yes, its just a guess. But shit, isn't that at least half of recruiting? I can show you a some guys that were 4* and 5* that are on Alabama's roster, and they have 3* talent beating them out for starting spots. Why did all of the recruiting services have them ranked so highly, and there are 3* guys starting ahead of them?

AU's depth at RB is actually something I thought that would keep Seastrunk away from AU at this point. More so now that Dyer is in the mix. I stated this in the other thread before you even posted this. LSU is losing their first and second string RB, and their third string is a bust. They have one 3* RB for this class, and that is it. The writing is on the wall. The depth chart at LSU looks much better as far as PT than it does at AU. I really don't think he wants to compete with Dyer, because he will lose. I just really don't see him coming to AU.

To the people that actually evaluate talent for a living, it's not AS MUCH of a guess as it is for, say, some jackleg fan that likes to use exceptions to the rule to support his opinion.  We can all point to the 2 stars that made it big, even the walk-ons, and the 5 star busts.  Fact is 5 * kids show more POTENTIAL and ABILITY.  Putting it to use on the field at the next level...different story.  There's no way to predict a 5 star bust any more than you can predict a 2 star diamond on the rough. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2009, 05:14:01 PM »
I think our recruiters will be evoking Ronnie Brown/Cadillac to sell Auburn.

Might want to 'evoke' ole blue collar Ben Tate who is probably going to push the 1500 yard mark when the bowl game is factored in, and probably lifted his draft status from undrafted FA to somewhere in the late 3rd to 5th round range, unless he busts out with a 4.8 40 time in his workouts.   Many still want to call this offense a "gimmick" but the run game is old fashioned power running...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2009, 05:23:29 PM »
I just really don't think he's durable enough for SEC play. I'm sure he will put on another 20 lbs or so, I just don't think he has the football mind to play in the SEC. In part, yes, its just a guess. But shit, isn't that at least half of recruiting? I can show you a some guys that were 4* and 5* that are on Alabama's roster, and they have 3* talent beating them out for starting spots. Why did all of the recruiting services have them ranked so highly, and there are 3* guys starting ahead of them?

By the way...of the top 27 Rivals RBs (all 4 and 5 Stars)...only 15 are at or over 200lbs, and 11 at or over 6'-0" as they currently stand as HS Sr's. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2009, 05:47:19 PM »
Might want to 'evoke' ole blue collar Ben Tate who is probably going to push the 1500 yard mark when the bowl game is factored in, and probably lifted his draft status from undrafted FA to somewhere in the late 3rd to 5th round range, unless he busts out with a 4.8 40 time in his workouts.   Many still want to call this offense a "gimmick" but the run game is old fashioned power running...
I meant to refute concerns about sharing playing time with other studs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2009, 09:06:14 PM »

« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 09:07:25 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2009, 12:39:18 AM »
Yo Danielsahn...you have any particulars on Mr. Reed?  Height..weight...40...#catches...favorite movie...toilet paper roll dispensed over the roll or under?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 11:33:14 AM by Harvey Birdman »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2009, 09:26:10 AM »
There's no way to predict a 5 star bust any more than you can predict a 2 star diamond on the rough. 

Tommy Tuberville says  :fu:

So what you're saying is that all the people whining their ass off about depth and blaming Tuberville should realize that there was no way for him to predict that the majority of the talent he signed in the Kodi Burns/Lee Ziemba class would not work out -- because it cannot be predicted. 

Therefore, their pie holes should be shut?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2009, 12:37:24 PM »
Tommy Tuberville says  :fu:

So what you're saying is that all the people whining their ass off about depth and blaming Tuberville should realize that there was no way for him to predict that the majority of the talent he signed in the Kodi Burns/Lee Ziemba class would not work out -- because it cannot be predicted. 

Therefore, their pie holes should be shut?

Don't dredge this debate up again.  Seriously.  Your bait and attempt to argue about Tuberville and his recruiting is misplaced here.  You just want to take shots at someone because you're bored or something.

It takes the average waterhead exactly four seconds to see the numbers and see an underdevelped QB in Kodi Burns to realize that regardless of Tuberville's ability to identify diamonds in the rough in the past, his efforts the last few years in recruiting and the lack of effort by his coaching staff to develop a real QB blew monkey nuts.

It has nothing to do with what he was saying about the predictability of a five star being a bust versus a 2 star being a bust.   What he said was valid when you look at the entire post.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2009, 02:18:41 PM »
Can we get back to discussing what matters?

Chizik vs. Saban head-to-head recruiting battle currently stands at 10-7 Chiz.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2009, 02:33:11 PM »
Can we get back to discussing what matters?

Chizik vs. Saban head-to-head recruiting battle currently stands at 10-7 Chiz.
And?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2009, 02:46:12 PM »
And?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

You know that RWS is nervous when he has a 1 word reply...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2009, 03:15:45 PM »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

You know that RWS is nervous when he has a 1 word reply...
Really, there is no reason to be worried. Now, if we were bringing in say walk-ons or 3* guys in the positions that AU is winning guys straight up in, then sure, that would be a reason to worry. AU is not strangling Alabama off from other top talent, such as Alabama has done to AU the past two classes. And for that matter, I only see 8 guys on Alabama's offer list that have committed to AU. One of the reasons I feel good about our class, is that it was 80% complete in July. You can take the head-to-head however you want to. But you have to admit, when our class was 80% full with 6 months to signing day, that says alot as far as us getting folks we were after pretty hard.

Something I do find amusing, is that when CNS landed the '08 and some of the '09 class, it was because of all of the PT we had to offer. Kids saw PT, and thats what they wanted. But now, Chizik is pulling kids because he's a master recruiter. Not because you guys are playing walk-ons at LB. Not because the depth on the defense overall is paper thin. But because he is a recruiting God.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 03:18:31 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2009, 03:35:01 PM »
Really, there is no reason to be worried. Now, if we were bringing in say walk-ons or 3* guys in the positions that AU is winning guys straight up in, then sure, that would be a reason to worry. AU is not strangling Alabama off from other top talent, such as Alabama has done to AU the past two classes. And for that matter, I only see 8 guys on Alabama's offer list that have committed to AU. One of the reasons I feel good about our class, is that it was 80% complete in July. You can take the head-to-head however you want to. But you have to admit, when our class was 80% full with 6 months to signing day, that says alot as far as us getting folks we were after pretty hard.

Something I do find amusing, is that when CNS landed the '08 and some of the '09 class, it was because of all of the PT we had to offer. Kids saw PT, and thats what they wanted. But now, Chizik is pulling kids because he's a master recruiter. Not because you guys are playing walk-ons at LB. Not because the depth on the defense overall is paper thin. But because he is a recruiting God.

You posting this as if you're sitting on some high ground and laughing at us amusing little Aubs is ridiculous.  First of all, Nick Saban DID benefit from PT.  So is Chizik.  I would also contend that while NOBODY has called Chizik a "master recruiter", a lot of people DID say that about Saban, and now Chizik is pulling, if not even, then very close to Saban with success in recruiting.  You can't deny that.

So tell yourself what you need to to feel better.  Chuckle under your breath all you want, but the complacent posture AU has taken the past few years is over and history with the past staff, and it's going to get very interesting in the near future between the two schools. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2009, 04:13:41 PM »
And for that matter, I only see 8 guys on Alabama's offer list that have committed to AU.

Auburn Commits with uat offers:
Michael Dyer, RB
Trovon Reed, WR
Antonio Goodwin, WR
Jeremy Richardson, WR
Ed Christian, OL
Shon Coleman, OL
Kenneth Carter, DT
Craig Sanders, DE
LaDarius Owens, LB
Jawara White, LB

uat Commits with Auburn offers:
Corey Grant, RB
DeAndrew White, WR
Brian Vogler, TE
DeMarcus Milliner, DB
Nick Perry, DB
Jarrick Williams, DB
Deion Belue, DB
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2009, 04:14:55 PM »
You posting this as if you're sitting on some high ground and laughing at us amusing little Aubs is ridiculous.  First of all, Nick Saban DID benefit from PT.  So is Chizik.  I would also contend that while NOBODY has called Chizik a "master recruiter", a lot of people DID say that about Saban, and now Chizik is pulling, if not even, then very close to Saban with success in recruiting.  You can't deny that.

So tell yourself what you need to to feel better.  Chuckle under your breath all you want, but the complacent posture AU has taken the past few years is over and history with the past staff, and it's going to get very interesting in the near future between the two schools.  
Meh, if you say so. For you to say that Chizik is pulling even, or close to even, with Saban is pretty damn laughable. Chizik's first complete recruiting class all on his own isn't even finished yet. But hey, lets take a look at his class that he shared with CTT. If you look at the guys that committed to Chizik, and not guys that Chizik inherited in the class, Bates and McCalebb are the only two seeing anything resembling meaningful PT on this AU squad.

Even though only two or maybe three players that are straight up Chizik commits are seeing any PT at AU (I really think its 2, I may have missed one though - John Sullen maybe?), and his first class all on his own hasn't even sent their LOIs in yet, Chizik is therefore close to or even with Saban's recruiting over the past three years? Whatever happened to putting these kids on the field before annointing them? If you guys were playing like 10 freshmen or something, then you would have one hell of a case. But 2 recruits seeing PT? Do you even believe what you said?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 04:19:08 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2009, 04:31:04 PM »
Meh, if you say so. For you to say that Chizik is pulling even, or close to even, with Saban is pretty damn laughable. Chizik's first complete recruiting class all on his own isn't even finished yet. But hey, lets take a look at his class that he shared with CTT. If you look at the guys that committed to Chizik, and not guys that Chizik inherited in the class, Bates and McCalebb are the only two seeing anything resembling meaningful PT on this AU squad.

Even though only two or maybe three players that are straight up Chizik commits are seeing any PT at AU (I really think its 2, I may have missed one though - John Sullen maybe?), and his first class all on his own hasn't even sent their LOIs in yet, Chizik is therefore close to or even with Saban's recruiting over the past three years? Whatever happened to putting these kids on the field before annointing them? If you guys were playing like 10 freshmen or something, then you would have one hell of a case. But 2 recruits seeing PT? Do you even believe what you said?

You're skewing this a little where it doesn't work.  This is about recruiting and the efforts so far, and you have to admit that Auburn is having considerable success relative to where we are in the current year's process.  I have to say that with Auburn leading in the head to head "battle" versus Saban, that Chizik (at minimum) has pulled Auburn into an equal footing.  With that said, I'm very MUCH giving that credit to the staff under Chizik, and maybe not directly to Chizik alone.  However, the only thing that matters in recruiting is getting the prospect to your school over the other school.  We'll see in the end, and then have debates on how the players pan out then.

Right now, I'm satisfied with the positive direction our recruiting is taking, and don't think we've done anything that any bammer should feel "amused" by.  That was my point.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2009, 04:49:23 PM »
You're skewing this a little where it doesn't work.  This is about recruiting and the efforts so far, and you have to admit that Auburn is having considerable success relative to where we are in the current year's process.  I have to say that with Auburn leading in the head to head "battle" versus Saban, that Chizik (at minimum) has pulled Auburn into an equal footing.  With that said, I'm very MUCH giving that credit to the staff under Chizik, and maybe not directly to Chizik alone.  However, the only thing that matters in recruiting is getting the prospect to your school over the other school.  We'll see in the end, and then have debates on how the players pan out then.

Right now, I'm satisfied with the positive direction our recruiting is taking, and don't think we've done anything that any bammer should feel "amused" by.  That was my point.
Just because it totally shoots down your argument doesn't mean its skewed.

So far, two or three totally Chizik recruits have seen any significant PT, thus, only these two or three have had some sort of impact on the team.

So far, no recruit from the 2010 class has stepped foot on the field.

I never said AU wasn't seeing some success. AU is putting together a nice class. Now, are you talking about Chizik pulling AU up to Alabama's footing program-wise, this recruiting year wise, or total recruiting wise? You're not being very clear here.

What matters in recruiting is getting the guy that is going to work best in your system. Its all about evaluation. Its not simply a matter of "we have to beat the other guy head to head". If all of those guys you beat the other team out for head to head turn out as scout teamers throughout their career, then what does winning the head-to-head accomplish? It looks good at the time they sign their LOI, sure. But when your team isn't looking so good a few years down the road, what is it worth? My point being you can take it at face value all day long. You can get star-struck all you want. What matters is how they pan out. AU fans, of all people, should know that after the past two years of preaching it to us. It works both ways, though. You can't just trash every recruit, etc, and say he's not going to work out. You still have to give him that chance. Alabama has had, and has on the roster now, guys that are/were walk-ons or something like that, and turn out to be damn good. You just never know.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 04:51:26 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2009, 05:10:01 PM »
Now, if we were bringing in say walk-ons or 3* guys in the positions that AU is winning guys straight up in, then sure, that would be a reason to worry. AU is not strangling Alabama off from other top talent, such as Alabama has done to AU the past two classes. And for that matter, I only see 8 guys on Alabama's offer list that have committed to AU.
SPuat:
Chad Lindsey 3* OL (No Auburn Offer)
Austin Shepard 3* OL (No Auburn Offer)
Wilson Love 3* DE (No Auburn Offer)

Auburn:
Ed Christian 4* OL (SPuat Offer)
Shon Coleman 4* OL (SPuat Offer)
Craig Sanders 4* DE (SPuat Offer)

Also the record stands at (10-7) with Auburn in the lead.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2009, 05:16:17 PM »

So far, two or three totally Chizik recruits have seen any significant PT, thus, only these two or three have had some sort of impact on the team.

I never said AU wasn't seeing some success. AU is putting together a nice class. Now, are you talking about Chizik pulling AU up to Alabama's footing program-wise, this recruiting year wise, or total recruiting wise? You're not being very clear here.

What matters in recruiting is getting the guy that is going to work best in your system. Its all about evaluation. Its not simply a matter of "we have to beat the other guy head to head". If all of those guys you beat the other team out for head to head turn out as scout teamers throughout their career, then what does winning the head-to-head accomplish? It looks good at the time they sign their LOI, sure. But when your team isn't looking so good a few years down the road, what is it worth? My point being you can take it at face value all day long. You can get star-struck all you want. What matters is how they pan out. AU fans, of all people, should know that after the past two years of preaching it to us. It works both ways, though. You can't just trash every recruit, etc, and say he's not going to work out. You still have to give him that chance. Alabama has had, and has on the roster now, guys that are/were walk-ons or something like that, and turn out to be damn good. You just never know.

You haven't shot down ANYTHING I've said.  I've been very clear.  I've talked about recruiting this year, and I'm not going to branch off into six different tangents to try and wrap a simple point around your broad and multiple level breakdown.  I've never said anything about "program level" equality.  We're not there yet, nor would I try to make that assertion.  Bottom line is, there is NOTHING you can say about Auburn's recruiting class right now, as a bammer, that should amuse you.  It's a damn good class, and has potential to get a lot better.  That's all I've said.  

I'm not getting into the what they might, may or will do a year from now.  

So...I guess we're done here.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2009, 05:33:09 PM »

Yeah, cause having studs redshirt means his last class was a bust.

And besides, you bringing up the class he put together in less than two months is a clear deflection from the argument, which is about this year's class.

What matters in recruiting is getting the guy that is going to work best in your system. Its all about evaluation. Its not simply a matter of "we have to beat the other guy head to head". If all of those guys you beat the other team out for head to head turn out as scout teamers throughout their career, then what does winning the head-to-head accomplish? It looks good at the time they sign their LOI, sure. But when your team isn't looking so good a few years down the road, what is it worth?
4/7 of the guys you got that we wanted were DB's. Remind me how that reflects your preaching about how you guys cherry pick and we're just in a superficial race to beat you head-to-head...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions