Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

*Commitment #21......

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
*Commitment #21......
« on: November 12, 2009, 09:25:25 PM »
WR Trovon Reed, #1 prospect out of Louisiana, is set to announce his College destination at 10:15am CT, tomorrow at his High School after his Army AA Game acceptance announcement.  Oh yeah, and he'll be committing to Auburn.  War Eagle!!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: *Commitment #21......
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 10:15:12 PM »
WR Trovon Reed, #1 prospect out of Louisiana, is set to announce his College destination at 10:15am CT, tomorrow at his High School after his Army AA Game acceptance announcement.  Oh yeah, and he'll be committing to Auburn.  War Eagle!!!!

Yep, my skreets are saying the same thing.

2 more big ones may follow in the coming weeks. Not talking about LS and ML either....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 08:43:29 AM »
I must live on the wrong skreet...I never hear any of the good stuff.  GH...you referring to Ahmad Dixon and someone else?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

jadennis

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 10:09:43 AM »
We could really use Dixon...but he's been a Texas commit and a Baylor commit.  If he switches to us, I'll be confident in that when I see him in a blue jersey making a tackle next fall on ESPN.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

AUsweetheart

• 13....LOL
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2009, 11:46:27 AM »
WDE Trovon! Wooooohooooooo!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A national championship is a wonderful thing, but if you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2009, 11:49:17 AM »
Aside from Reed being a badass himself, the best thing about this is Seastrunk is probably soon to follow now.

WDE!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2009, 11:52:47 AM »
Will someone with a TigerDropping account please inform them that they got Chizzed on?

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/messagetopic.asp?p=13191050

Are these guys Auburn locks? I've been invited to at least 5 groups for different recruits like Trovon Reed. War Eagle! Lache Seastrunk. War Eagle! Michael Dyer. War Eagle! My friend is convinced Auburn is going to steal LSU's recruits and have the #1 recruiting class.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
The Chizing has begun

Followed by several more corndogs laughing their asses off.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2009, 11:59:31 AM »
I really don't think Seastrunk is in the picture for AU anymore. They talked about playing together in the earlier stages of recruiting, but I really think that isn't the case anymore. I really don't think AU needs Seastrunk if they have Dyer, though. Dyer is the better prospect out of the two.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2009, 12:34:40 PM »
I must live on the wrong skreet...I never hear any of the good stuff.  GH...you referring to Ahmad Dixon and someone else?

Yep and another who is also committed to a school in the ACC.

JAD, Dixon is very soft on his Baylor commitment just like he was on his Texas commitment. He will be a big pickup.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2009, 12:43:07 PM »
I really don't think Seastrunk is in the picture for AU anymore. They talked about playing together in the earlier stages of recruiting, but I really think that isn't the case anymore. I really don't think AU needs Seastrunk if they have Dyer, though. Dyer is the better prospect out of the two.
We need a 5* punt returner.  :)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2009, 01:00:34 PM »

I agree.  I have been thinking for some time now that Auburn's chances of landing Lattimore are better than getting Seastrunk.  Not that Lattimore is a lock either, but it just seems that Auburn and Seastrunk are moving in different directions.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2009, 01:09:23 PM »
I agree.  I have been thinking for some time now that Auburn's chances of landing Lattimore are better than getting Seastrunk.  Not that Lattimore is a lock either, but it just seems that Auburn and Seastrunk are moving in different directions.
I would have said this until this morning.

I really think Reed and Seastrunk want to play together. Reed will be recruiting him, if they haven't already agreed upon Auburn as the school they both play for.

I'm certainly not saying it's a lock, but I like our chances now.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 01:10:05 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2009, 01:52:18 PM »
I would have said this until this morning.

I really think Reed and Seastrunk want to play together. Reed will be recruiting him, if they haven't already agreed upon Auburn as the school they both play for.

I'm certainly not saying it's a lock, but I like our chances now.
I really think the package deal thing is more hype than reality in most cases. Hell, Dyer and Dakota Mosley are supposed to be a package deal. Maybe it will happen. However, he seems mighty interested in FSU since they offered him a few weeks ago. He also said he's really looking for an offer from Arkansas as well. So, just because somebody says that its a package deal in March doesn't mean its still that in November. I just wouldn't hang my hat on the whole Reed/Seastrunk thing. Especially with Dyer committed. If Seastrunk has to compete for PT with a talented freshman, he's not going to do it. It should be noted that LSU only has 1 RB in this class, a 3*. Charles Scott and Keiland Williams are both seniors this season. Their third string RB Richard Murphy is pretty much a bust. Alot of signs are pointing to LSU.

While AU loses Tate after this season, you still have McCalebb, Aycock, Eric Smith, Fannin. Fannin will be a SR, Aycock and McCalebb both sophomores, and Eric Smith will be a junior. Factor in that Dyer will probably start from day 1, and LSU looks alot better than AU, PT wise anyway.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

RWS

« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2009, 01:52:54 PM »
We need a 5* punt returner.  :)
You should be happy, hell, AU just landed a 4* dual-threat QB!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 01:54:11 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2009, 05:27:57 PM »
This is another HUUUYYYEEEEEEUUUUGGGGEEEEEE pick up.  Malzahn's offense works when the quarterback can stretch the field.  Reed is a very similar to DeSean Jackson.  Speedy, fast, and fluid route runner. 

He'll see playing time from day 1.  I just wish his playoff/Army AA games would end now so he doesn't get hurt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2009, 06:49:12 PM »
You should be happy, hell, AU just landed a 4* dual-threat QB!
Asked what his favorite part of the Big Cat Weekend was, he said, “Everything was interesting to me. I liked the War Eagle and I was laughing at the big guys in some of the eating contests we had. That was a lot of fun. I enjoyed talking to a lot of players like Marcus Lattimore and Lache Seastrunk. Those are good guys.

“I talked to some of the guys who have already committed to Auburn and they told us why they picked Auburn,” he adds
BAM!!!!!!!!
BTW, I think Lache has already made his decision.  He'll make it known during the U.S. Army AA Game.

Trovon Reed WR 6' 173lbs. 4.4 Thibodaux, La (6 Grillz)

Offers:
Auburn
SPuat
Texas
Arkansas
Florida
California
FSU
Georgia
LSU
Oklahoma
Oregon
Tennessee

Interest From:
USC
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 07:00:02 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs