Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Dana Jacobson

Tidesucksass

Re: Dana Jacobson
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2008, 04:55:30 PM »
Yeah, but it wasn't a rant. It was a comedy bit.
It was SUPPOSED to offend you.

If a comedian stands on stage and says "Fuck (Allah, Buddha, or any other religious figure not associated with Christianity)", you would probably think it was funny.

It's like when Isaac Hayes quit South Park over making the Scientology episode. It's weak sauce when you think it's funny to offend everyone but your own group.

Exactly.

It is offensive, but it doesn't bother me. I know that sounds impossible. I'm not mad at her for saying it. I feel a little sorry for her that she would.

I found the SP episode where they made fun of the Scientology idiots high comedy. Yes I said idiots. Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke. They would probably call me an idiot. They might be right. I DO NOT CARE.

That's the crux of it. People are too thin skinned.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2008, 12:30:31 AM »
I'd hit it with a stick until it stopped moving. 

And as for her remark about Jesus - I'm not so much offended by it as I am upset that people can get fired for saying anything derogatory about a black person.  Something as simple as "nappy headed hoes" cost Don Imus his job.  There are STILL stupid public outcries over the lynch comment towards Tiger Woods. 

Based on the past twenty years of political correctness, I have no reason to believe that if Dana Jacobson had said, "Fuck a damn Martin Luther King," she would have gotten a simple week's worth of suspension.  She would have more than likely been fired or obliterated in the press.  Al Sharpton would be busting down her door.  Jesse Jackson would be bending over saying, "kiss it." 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2008, 02:20:24 AM »
I'm offended by the whole fuckin thread :rofl:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2008, 09:12:36 AM »
Bottom line is, is that she opened her trap in a very public setting wtih a B.A.L. factor (blood alchohol level) in the stratosphere.   I think her intent was to "roast" Mike Golic, and Mike only....   She knew that would gig him, so she said it, but since everyone else wants to be the next person on CNN, Fox or Sharptonvision, it blew up into something more than it was.  I don't think that Dana Jacobson honestly feels everything she said, or she wouldn't have made it where she is today.

Sensitive little bitches have taken over.   No doubt, that her lack of professionalism, and getting pasted at a major event (a fundraiser at that...) was a definate example of poor judgement, but her comments were empty in context and, while very stupid, were delivered at a FUCKING ROAST...

This shit just tires me... :&
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2008, 05:20:32 AM »
Bottom line is, is that she opened her trap in a very public setting wtih a B.A.L. factor (blood alchohol level) in the stratosphere.   I think her intent was to "roast" Mike Golic, and Mike only....   She knew that would gig him, so she said it, but since everyone else wants to be the next person on CNN, Fox or Sharptonvision, it blew up into something more than it was.  I don't think that Dana Jacobson honestly feels everything she said, or she wouldn't have made it where she is today.

Sensitive little bitches have taken over.   No doubt, that her lack of professionalism, and getting pasted at a major event (a fundraiser at that...) was a definate example of poor judgement, but her comments were empty in context and, while very stupid, were delivered at a FUCKING ROAST...

This shit just tires me... :&
Roasts are fucking nasty....fuck roasts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2008, 03:45:58 PM »
Can't believe there is a debate over this. 

I turned on Cold Pizza or whatever she used to be on and wondered why there was a damn horse in the studio.  Then it talked and I figured, wow. A talking horse. Pretty cool. I can see why they'd have that on the TV. But I didn't want to watch it. If I want to hear talking horses, I'll cue up a rerun of Mr. Ed.  Mr. Ed knew what was up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.