Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Sporting News Writer On SEC Officiating...

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Re: Sporting News Writer On SEC Officiating...
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2009, 09:25:14 AM »
Cause it's only those pesky barners saying this was a horrible call...as evidenced by the multiple national columns/blogs credited in this thread...
So, because national columns weren't all over the video that I posted, that makes it OK?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2009, 09:26:31 AM »
I wasn't crying after that call but I can take off the glasses long enough to realize that it was a questionable call at best and at worst outright wrong.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

RWS

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2009, 09:27:04 AM »
Weak sauce RWS. 
No. Some here are bitching and moaning about the bad call. Yes, it should have been given to LSU. But seeing as how they had like 7 yards of total offense in the 4th quarter, I doubt they would have done shit with it on their own 37 yard line. Anyways, my point is, you guys have no issue when AU catches a break. But if your rival does it and goes to the SECCG, you're all up in arms.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

RWS

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2009, 09:29:55 AM »
I wasn't crying after that call but I can take off the glasses long enough to realize that it was a questionable call at best and at worst outright wrong.
So was ours. I was sitting there saying "Well fuck, you gotta give it to him". It looked like his left foot might have been on the line while his right foot was dragging, but still, bottom line, I thought it was an INT. I'm with Argo, I wish they would have just given it to them so they could not do shit with it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2009, 09:32:21 AM »
So was ours. I was sitting there saying "Well fuck, you gotta give it to him". It looked like his left foot might have been on the line while his right foot was dragging, but still, bottom line, I thought it was an INT. I'm with Argo, I wish they would have just given it to them so they could not do shit with it.

Unfortunately for Alabama that was just the latest in what seems to  be a never ending journey of bad calls by SEC officiating crews this year.  The others got some headlines but with this really being the marquee game of the week it has just exacerbated the situation.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2009, 09:33:27 AM »
No. Some here are bitching and moaning about the bad call. Yes, it should have been given to LSU. But seeing as how they had like 7 yards of total offense in the 4th quarter, I doubt they would have done shit with it on their own 37 yard line. Anyways, my point is, you guys have no issue when AU catches a break. But if your rival does it and goes to the SECCG, you're all up in arms.
And that has nothing to do with momentum? Nothing sucks the wind out of your sails more than knowing that no matter what you do, the refs will find a way to make sure it's all for naught.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2009, 09:35:05 AM »
Unfortunately for Alabama that was just the latest in what seems to  be a never ending journey of bad calls by SEC officiating crews this year.  The others got some headlines but with this really being the marquee game of the week it has just exacerbated the situation.
I understand that aspect as well, but you can't hold Alabama accountable for a pattern of referees being shitty in games not involving Alabama as well. Unless you want to put the tinfoil hat on, anyways.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2009, 09:44:33 AM »
I understand that aspect as well, but you can't hold Alabama accountable for a pattern of referees being poopty in games not involving Alabama as well. Unless you want to put the tinfoil hat on, anyways.

You've lost your mind if you don't see a pattern of the SEC (with pressure from ESPN) protecting its sacred cows. 

Where are the horrible calls that benefit Florida or Alabama's opposition?  Why has every asinine call gone to help keep those two teams from stumbling? 

You can say LSU wouldn't have done anything with the ball, but that's not the point.  Not giving it to them allowed Alabama to kick its eleventy third field goal of the season and make the game a nine-point spread as opposed to a six point difference. 

At six points, anything can happen.   At nine, LSU needs two scores. 

It was bogus and it was clear evidence -- crystal clear -- that the SEC is safeguarding its paydays now. 

Fucking ridiculous.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2009, 09:47:40 AM »
I'm not quite ready to call conspiracy but it certainly is a huge conflict of interest.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2009, 09:49:39 AM »
And that has nothing to do with momentum? Nothing sucks the wind out of your sails more than knowing that no matter what you do, the refs will find a way to make sure it's all for naught.
So, LSU is minus their starting QB and starting RB and you're telling me the reason they couldn't move the ball on our defense in the 4th quarter is because they were so so sad about not getting that INT? I mean, it would fit in with their guys falling to the turf every 3 minutes, but I don't think this was an issue.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 09:52:15 AM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2009, 10:08:44 AM »
So, LSU is minus their starting QB and starting RB and you're telling me the reason they couldn't move the ball on our defense in the 4th quarter is because they were so so sad about not getting that INT? I mean, it would fit in with their guys falling to the turf every 3 minutes, but I don't think this was an issue.

Don't be a fucking idiot. 

That call was the difference between down six and down nine.  It changes the dynamic completely. 

But you're right.  Your defense is so fucking scary that nobody can ever, ever score on them no matter what. 

Ridiculous. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2009, 10:34:57 AM »
Don't be a fucking idiot. 

That call was the difference between down six and down nine.  It changes the dynamic completely. 

But you're right.  Your defense is so fucking scary that nobody can ever, ever score on them no matter what. 

Ridiculous. 
An offense can and has scored on our defense, but LSU without Scott and Jefferson will not do it easily at all. Jarrett Lee completed 3 passes in the entire second half, and had one INT for fucks sake.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2009, 01:36:37 PM »
An offense can and has scored on our defense, but LSU without Scott and Jefferson will not do it easily at all. Jarrett Lee completed 3 passes in the entire second half, and had one INT for phuks sake.

And when you cheat and put his team down nine instead of six, then you'll never know if he had the magic in him for one drive.  When it's a six point game and LSU has the ball anything can happen. 

When you fucking CHEAT and it's a nine point game, then the possibilities are limited. 

But no, it didn't matter at all because your oh so scary defense would certainly have stopped LSU.  Fuck, they could have had the ball the entire fourth quarter and kept it until January and nobody was going to penetrate that magnificent defensive specimen. 

Too bad the cheating ass SEC and its stooge officials didn't have that same faith.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2009, 02:04:49 PM »
And when you cheat and put his team down nine instead of six, then you'll never know if he had the magic in him for one drive.  When it's a six point game and LSU has the ball anything can happen. 

When you fucking CHEAT and it's a nine point game, then the possibilities are limited. 

But no, it didn't matter at all because your oh so scary defense would certainly have stopped LSU.  Fuck, they could have had the ball the entire fourth quarter and kept it until January and nobody was going to penetrate that magnificent defensive specimen. 

Too bad the cheating ass SEC and its stooge officials didn't have that same faith.
Our defense isn't AU's defense.....we can actually stop an offense. You can try and dramatize what I'm saying however you want, but it still remains that without Scott and Jefferson, LSU isn't going to move the ball much; not against our defense, or many other defenses. We have a good defense, and you can't deny that. I'm sure you will try to dramatize that statement with some outlandish comparison or some rant about '92 or something similar. I mean, we could sit here and argue what if all day long.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2009, 02:24:26 PM »
Our defense isn't AU's defense.....we can actually stop an offense. You can try and dramatize what I'm saying however you want, but it still remains that without Scott and Jefferson, LSU isn't going to move the ball much; not against our defense, or many other defenses. We have a good defense, and you can't deny that. I'm sure you will try to dramatize that statement with some outlandish comparison or some rant about '92 or something similar. I mean, we could sit here and argue what if all day long.

You'll never know if your team is the one to beat this year because they'll always be doubt about how the game would have progressed had the officials called the game correctly. I would certainly not wish this on my Auburn team. But Bama, sure, because I loathe UA. So there you go, you will always wonder in the back of you minds, forever, if this Bamer team was truly the team to beat this year or just another TOOL of the SEC to further their financial interests. Better you than us. LMAO!

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=dw-secrefs110709&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ibelonginprison

• Bama... As cool as AIDS
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2009, 02:44:10 PM »
Touchdown Jesus is going to give Mt Cody a concussion in the SEC CG, so it won't matter anyway.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Bama fans make me want to punch babies...

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2009, 03:12:20 PM »
You've lost your mind if you don't see a pattern of the SEC (with pressure from ESPN) protecting its sacred cows. 

Where are the horrible calls that benefit Florida or Alabama's opposition?  Why has every asinine call gone to help keep those two teams from stumbling? 

You can say LSU wouldn't have done anything with the ball, but that's not the point.  Not giving it to them allowed Alabama to kick its eleventy third field goal of the season and make the game a nine-point spread as opposed to a six point difference. 

At six points, anything can happen.   At nine, LSU needs two scores. 

It was bogus and it was clear evidence -- crystal clear -- that the SEC is safeguarding its paydays now. 

Fucking ridiculous.
Plus it fucked with my point spread at 8.5....bastards.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2009, 05:23:51 PM »

You're missing the point.

You do have a great defense.  But that blown call took the game out of your defense's hands.  It no longer was about making it a great defensive stand or seeing if LSU would pull off a miracle.  The SEC wasn't having any of that shit. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2009, 06:12:00 PM »
I mean, we could sit here and argue what if all day long.

We could.  And you'd be wrong from sunup to sundown.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2009, 06:34:37 PM »
You're missing the point.

You do have a great defense.  But that blown call took the game out of your defense's hands.  It no longer was about making it a great defensive stand or seeing if LSU would pull off a miracle.  The SEC wasn't having any of that shit. 
^^^This^^^ and that's why it was a complete horseshit call.  Do I think LSU would've been able to advance the ball?  Probably not.  But, all it would've taken was one pass to LaFell and it could've been a completely different ballgame.  Point is, regardless if LSU would've been able to move the ball or not, that's not the point and most window licking bammer fans are failing to see the argument.  The SEC officials took the game out of the hands of the players, how long did it take for them to contemplate the call on the field...before they went to the supposed unbiased replay officials, what about 5 minutes?  How about that nice "no-call" against Deadrick when he lowered his head and hit Jefferson in the chest with the crown of his helmet...with the Head Official standing right there watching it.  The SEC got who they wanted in the Championship Game, good for them....bad for the rest of the SEC.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs