funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: SEC Coach of the Year
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 11:49:28 AM »
Sorry, Auburn fans (and college football) but Saban has done a hell of a job putting this season together. 

Revamping the offense wasn't going to be easy, but Saban's defense is leading them to another undefeated regular season.  Even with the injury to Hightower, the defense is dominating their opponents and showing no signs of slowing down. 

Chizik is fairly close to taking the crown, though.  7-3 with new schemes on offense and defense after 5-7 last year is a pretty damn good turnaround. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 11:56:21 AM »
Beating Alabama this year would certainly guarantee Chizik the prize. I believe the Auburn Tigers will in fact beat the living poop out of Bamer in Auburn this year. Better luck next year Satan.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 07:33:10 PM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 01:33:54 PM »
I went with Chizik, but considered Kiffin. Both have done more with less than any other coach in the conference. A shit throwing chimpanze could have similar results in Tuscaloosa or Gainesville. Saban went 6-6 with better talent than Chizik has right now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2009, 04:10:35 PM »
I voted Chizik and that's because he has Skreet cred.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Argo

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2009, 05:00:43 PM »
I voted Chizik and that's because he has Skreet cred.

If this was decided by skreet cred, The Prowler would already have the trophy in his possession. 

I voted Saban, because I thought Bama would be hard pressed to win 10 games this year after replacing a 3 year starting QB, 2 All-American offensive linemen and a 1300 yard running back. 

Also, I know a lot of people believe that he's only a good coach because of the talent he has, but Bama has the exact same defense as last year, minus Rashad Johnson and Don'ta Hightower.  That 2008 defense had only 25 sacks in 14 games.  In the sack category, that defense ranked #71 in the nation and #9 in the SEC.  This year, 26 sacks through 9 games.  #12 in the nation and #1 in the SEC.  That's coaching.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions