Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Recruiting News

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Recruiting News
« on: November 04, 2009, 08:44:20 AM »
Trovon Reed has a date set for November 13th to commit. The guys from Rivals think that he is a lock for Auburn and are making the trek down to LA for the day.

Dyer is still set to commit to Auburn on this Friday. Unless something has changed at UT, he will give his pledge to the Tigers at that time. He has been a HUGE Auburn lean for months so it would have had to be a BIG TIME push by Kiffin and Co.

At this point, I will see it when I believe it with Dyer. He has been to wishy washy. I feel more secure in saying Trovon will commit before Dyer will, but that's just me.

Also, J. Lee over at Rivals dropped hints that there are still a lot of things to come before the season is out and the coaches are still putting the full court press on all the top recruits on the board. I have a gutfeeling this class could turn out to be incredible. I wouldn't be shocked if we picked up a huge suprise commitment closer to signing day.

If both Dyer and Trovon commit, that will be the #5WR and the #3 RB to be committed to Auburn. Damn. I think at that point you may start to see some other big time commitments to fill out the class. Those 2 will push us into the top 10 in ratings for sure, and if we close out strong, we could be looking at a Top 5 class...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: Recruiting News
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 09:36:21 AM »
I think so too. There is still some big OL the coaches are looking at too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 09:52:16 AM »
I hate to jinx anything, but I have felt pretty good for a while now that Auburn gets Dyer, Reed, Seastrunk and Dixon before it's all said and done.  Add two huge JUCO OL and the two DTs from Georgia and this class rounds out very nicely.  Maybe even top 3.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2009, 10:05:02 AM »
I hate to jinx anything, but I have felt pretty good for a while now that Auburn gets Dyer, Reed, Seastrunk and Dixon before it's all said and done.  Add two huge JUCO OL and the two DTs from Georgia and this class rounds out very nicely.  Maybe even top 3.

Also add in Mack from SC.

What if we were able to get Mosely? I know he is a strong lean and I thought that he was a Bama lock, but I like our chances the longer he doesn't mae a decision. It is bad apparent we need some play makers at LB and he could play immedietly...I still think he is bama bound, but you never know.

We have a LEGIT chance to sign the top player from LA (Reed), TX (Seastrunk), MS (Coleman), SC (Lattimore), AR (Dyer). All the top prospects from those states....that shit is CRAZY!!! Even if we don't sign them all, which Lattimore would be the least likely in my opinion, to be a finalist for those is insane to me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2009, 11:59:31 AM »
I am worried if we will be able to hold on to Coleman, picking up Mack would be huge.  Cullen will be a hard one to get IMO.  Kiffen and crew seem to be making a big push for him and seem to have the lead.  I think we get Dyer and Reed.  I think that Seastrunk and Dixon are still a toss up, but feel good about them.  As far as Mosely, I don't think we get a serious look from him.  I think we will take Vic Beasley if he commits and that will round out our LB class.  I don't know what to think about Lattimore.  He did say we would be in it until the very end.  It looks like he is down to PSU, USCe and AU.  Just my $.02.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan