Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Motorola Droid / HTC Eris...

Motorola Droid / HTC Eris...
« on: November 03, 2009, 12:35:06 PM »
Any of you picking one of these up on Friday? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Motorola Droid / HTC Eris...
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 12:39:33 PM »
Any of you picking one of these up on Friday? 
please to be splaining yourself.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Ogre

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 12:45:42 PM »
I haven't seen anything about them other than what's on their commercials, so I'm not ready to toss the iPhone aside just yet.  I'm definitely going to take a look at one though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 12:46:43 PM »
This from CNet.

As someone who is against all things apple, I am interested.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13924_3-10387858-64.html
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 12:57:18 PM »
Here's a forum dedicated to the two.... might answer a lot of questions....

http://forum.androidcentral.com/droid/

Being gone so much on the road, I depend on my phone a lot.  I'm due for my "new every two" discount at Verizon and will snatch one of these on Friday.

You can google search, or Youtube "Motorola Droid" and get a lot of good videos.

Looks like a sweet device...either one.  (The Eris is basically the same as the "htc Hero", or "Desire". 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 11:49:45 PM »
It seems like every new phone that comes out with a touch screen is supposed to be the "iPhone killer".

See: Blackberry Storm, Palm Pre, now the Droid
All of these have/are currently/will soon fail.

Only when these phone developers come out with something different more original, and more useful than the iPhone, will they succeed. Instead of playing catch-up, they should be proactive in their approach and come up with something completely different.

tl,dr: it will fail because of its un-originality
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions