Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

A Question For Those That....

Re: A Question For Those That....
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2009, 06:26:18 PM »
Why try to act like you're interested in an honest constructive Tuberville discussion when everyone here knows your opinion and knows you're sitting by the computer waiting for Kaos' response just so you can start calling each other idiots again?

There are certain facts that are not even worth discussing and should speak for themselves.

Tuberville took over a wreck.
He turned it around.
He ran probably the cleanest and classiest program the SEC has seen since I've been alive.
He led Auburn to it's only 13 win season.
He led a senior class that graduated with the most wins any senior class has ever had at Auburn.
He led a 6 game win streak against Alabama.
He had a five year run as successful as any in Auburn history, winning 50 games.
He had an outstanding record against teams ranked in the Top 10.
He had top 10 recruiting classes throughout his tenure, and as recently as 2007.
He led an Auburn team that was second only to Florida from 2002 to 2007 in wins against the other top 5 SEC programs.
He will go down as one of Auburn's greatest coaches, plain and simple.

Consider his tool sucked....he earned it.

Okay...  Again... NOBODY is calling Tommy Tuberville, the man, the coach that did EVERYTHING you just said a failure. 

Go back and read.  Try again, and it's clear that I'm asking WHY we are in the situation we are in now with the shortcomings of sholarship players.  I was asking how it is that we're in the SAME position numbers wise as Alabama was when they were on probation. Why?  I especially want to hear it from people that rush to the defense of Tuberville on this issue. 

It's an honest question.  The fact is, is that there are some on THIS board, and on OTHER boards that exclusively bash the current staff for things like depth, that were completely out of their hands coming into this year.  How??

SO... it is a clean debate and question.  YES, I asked it because Kaos refused to answer it while it got buried in another thread, and he continued to do NOTHING but call me every name in the book anyway.  It added nothing...zero.   SO...I started over here.  He continued his BS in this thread, while a few others actually exchanged their views...what a novel concept.  Nobody was called stupid.  Amazing.

My opinion is that Tuberville and his staff failed miserably in recruiting over the past few years due to whatever reason (Saban, desire...whatever...) and that can NOT be ignored when we're suffering from a lack of players on defense, or in the development of a quality quarterback.  That is my opinion...

Think differently?  Fine.  I'd rather hear your reasons though, instead of all the other bullshit.  I, we, get enough of that shit with the Kaos exchanges.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2009, 06:43:46 PM »

He ran probably the cleanest and classiest program the SEC has seen since I've been alive.

Consider his tool sucked....he earned it.

Does anyone really care about this?  He was also an Auburn man. (Whatever that is)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Take me to Flavor Country!

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2009, 06:46:03 PM »
To answer the question with my "expert" (See Crown results for week 9) analysis....

I think it's a combination of several issues.  Were Tubs and Co. part of the problem?  Yes.  A pretty big part of it the last couple of years.  I was saying that while CTT was here, not just after that staff departed.  It became clear that the days of barnstorming the homes of the top recruits was over.  While Nick Saban was putting ther blitzkreig on every high school, every top recruits home, every ball game where a 4-5* recruit was playing, Tuberville was getting verbals from 2-3* kids who "Camped well" and would really be something with a year or two of Yoxercise.

Look, I agree that CTT will go down as one of the all time Auburn greats.  He already is.  He deserves the accolades.  But, so does Pat Dye.  And how did his last couple of years work out for him?  Tuberville took a $3 mil salary and a $5 mil buyout after a year of FAIL.  That can't be ignored.  You are paid that kind of money for results.  He was the man at the top.  He's the man gettin' paid.  He shoulders the burden, right or wrong.  

Now, are there other factors?  Certainly.  Some of which are guys that just plain never panned out and never contributed a thing to Auburn's program.  Some guys left early.  Some guys were injured, etc.  Was Raven Gray the baddest mamma-jamma on the planet coming in?  Would Pat Sims and Senderrick Marks have helped out a little?  Should Jerraud Powers have come out early?  A little research will net you a ton of stories outside a coach's control.  How many guys got kicked off this summer that would have helped us?  

There's a lot of factors that have put us where we are today.  All on Tubby?  Nope.  Some of it...definitely.  Does that tarnish his legacy?  Our field is named after the Coach who put us on probation.  So, no luster will be taken off the Tubby shine.      
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUsweetheart

• 13....LOL
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2009, 07:04:50 PM »
Does anyone really care about this?  He was also an Auburn man. (Whatever that is)

I care about it.

I also know what an Auburn man is...and it really doesn't get any better than that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A national championship is a wonderful thing, but if you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it.

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2009, 07:44:09 PM »
Why should we look for someone to blame? Even if we had more scholarships, that doesn't necessarily translate into wins against Arky, LSU and Kentucky, well maybe Kentucky. Let the season continue without complaining so much.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2009, 07:46:52 PM »
No , there are still quite a few names left in the book.  Take "curdletwat" for instance. I'm just saving them for later.

When are you going to answer the woodchuck question? Do I need to start a new thread so it doesn't get buried?

Okay...  Again... NOBODY is calling Tommy Tuberville, the man, the coach that did EVERYTHING you just said a failure. 

Go back and read.  Try again, and it's clear that I'm asking WHY we are in the situation we are in now with the shortcomings of sholarship players.  I was asking how it is that we're in the SAME position numbers wise as Alabama was when they were on probation. Why?  I especially want to hear it from people that rush to the defense of Tuberville on this issue. 

It's an honest question.  The fact is, is that there are some on THIS board, and on OTHER boards that exclusively bash the current staff for things like depth, that were completely out of their hands coming into this year.  How??

SO... it is a clean debate and question.  YES, I asked it because Kaos refused to answer it while it got buried in another thread, and he continued to do NOTHING but call me every name in the book anyway.  It added nothing...zero.   SO...I started over here.  He continued his BS in this thread, while a few others actually exchanged their views...what a novel concept.  Nobody was called stupid.  Amazing.

My opinion is that Tuberville and his staff failed miserably in recruiting over the past few years due to whatever reason (Saban, desire...whatever...) and that can NOT be ignored when we're suffering from a lack of players on defense, or in the development of a quality quarterback.  That is my opinion...

Think differently?  Fine.  I'd rather hear your reasons though, instead of all the other bullpoop.  I, we, get enough of that poop with the Kaos exchanges.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2009, 08:06:33 PM »
To answer the question with my "expert" (See Crown results for week 9) analysis....

I think it's a combination of several issues.  Were Tubs and Co. part of the problem?  Yes.  A pretty big part of it the last couple of years.  I was saying that while CTT was here, not just after that staff departed.  It became clear that the days of barnstorming the homes of the top recruits was over.  While Nick Saban was putting ther blitzkreig on every high school, every top recruits home, every ball game where a 4-5* recruit was playing, Tuberville was getting verbals from 2-3* kids who "Camped well" and would really be something with a year or two of Yoxercise.

Look, I agree that CTT will go down as one of the all time Auburn greats.  He already is.  He deserves the accolades.  But, so does Pat Dye.  And how did his last couple of years work out for him?  Tuberville took a $3 mil salary and a $5 mil buyout after a year of FAIL.  That can't be ignored.  You are paid that kind of money for results.  He was the man at the top.  He's the man gettin' paid.  He shoulders the burden, right or wrong.  

Now, are there other factors?  Certainly.  Some of which are guys that just plain never panned out and never contributed a thing to Auburn's program.  Some guys left early.  Some guys were injured, etc.  Was Raven Gray the baddest mamma-jamma on the planet coming in?  Would Pat Sims and Senderrick Marks have helped out a little?  Should Jerraud Powers have come out early?  A little research will net you a ton of stories outside a coach's control.  How many guys got kicked off this summer that would have helped us?  

There's a lot of factors that have put us where we are today.  All on Tubby?  Nope.  Some of it...definitely.  Does that tarnish his legacy?  Our field is named after the Coach who put us on probation.  So, no luster will be taken off the Tubby shine.      

Most fair take I've seen yet.    Agreed.

Look at me and my AWESOME KISS face paint!!!  Look at MEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!  I can put together uber-hilarious insulting word combinations!!!  ...and dress up like KISS!!!!!!!!!!   I'm a badass motherfucker!!!!!!!!!  Gene Simmons is my daddy!!!!!!!!!!

:haha:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUsweetheart

• 13....LOL
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2009, 08:54:01 PM »

Let's not do this shit again.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A national championship is a wonderful thing, but if you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2009, 08:59:06 PM »

Let's not do this shit again.
Okay...now I heart you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2009, 09:17:41 PM »
Well, Chop, since you're clowning again I'm going to go ahead and give you what you deserve here.  Minus profanity and dealt from a perfectly rational, logical perspective.

First, this thread you started is not about searching for answers or seeking meaning.  It's about one thing and one thing only.  You.

It's a manifestation of your need for validation, of your craving to have people agree with you or take your "side" against whatever evil empire you've created in your mind.

You didn't really ask a question so much as you stated your completely biased position, trolled for support and dared anyone to challenge your own myopic way of thinking.  

Anyone who disagreed with you in this thread (or really in any other) would be greeted with your patented "yeah but," reply in which you restated your original position and added a few capital letters, a "common sense" or a "period" for emphasis.

You have a pre-ordained agenda here, and it isn't about Auburn, it's not about seeking truths regarding the current situation, it's not about trying to figure out how things reached this point (a point which is not as dire as you're want to make it).  It's about you being Chopper.  

You don't want an answer.  You want to score mental points so you can high five your Live Doll or some homeless guy on the street because you "showed them"

You clam you are interested in "clean debate."  How ridiculous. Do you honestly see it that way?  You're never about anything other than advancing your own agenda.  You have no more interest in "honest debate" than Doogie Howser does in pussy. Don't be disingenuous. It's beneath even you.

I don't mind admitting, I have little interest in debate for two reasons.  One, most people aren't capable and slide off into diversion and spin and when that gets them nowhwere, foot-stomping dinosaurian rants.  Two, because I'm generally not interested in having my opinion changed. You have to have my respect for that to happen and I only know a few of you well enough to consider it.  

Part of that is my background. I've been writing for a long time. I'm paid to have an opinion and to defend it.  Most of the time I have to have it formed pretty quickly.  When you're writing you rarely get a couple of weeks to "wait and see how things pan out."  From a writing standpoint nobody really gives a poop to read "we will just have to see."  People want an opinion, right or wrong. They want it so they can call you an idiot if you're wrong or if they disagree or so they can use what you say as ammunition when making their own arguments.  That's one reason I come across the way I do sometimes.  I form my opinion and I live with it.  

You guys rip Finebaum and Scarbinsky one week and love on their ass another based on what they write.  I'm not in their league and not saying I am, but the concept is basically the same.  I take what evidence is there and I make up my mind.  When I do, I'm done with it until something else happens to change it or I'm presented with additional evidence.  Evidence, to me, isn't somebody else's opinion.  I got mine. What the phuk do I need with yours?

So you can keep on if you want.  Doesn't matter to me either way.  But you should at least be honest with yourself.  Period.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 09:20:33 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2009, 09:35:42 PM »
Eloquent, to the point, perfect blend of toned down sass to reasonable and valid points. Stuck on point and seldom strayed off the path. Solid post, and I give you a 7.38 out of a possible 10.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2009, 09:51:45 PM »
Eloquent, to the point, perfect blend of toned down sass to reasonable and valid points. Stuck on point and seldom strayed off the path. Solid post, and I give you a 7.38 out of a possible 10.

Well thanks, man.  I didn't know you were really reading that close but to hear praise like that coming from you is....

What's that?  He was talking about Kaos?

Fuck
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUsweetheart

• 13....LOL
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2009, 09:54:39 PM »
Okay...now I heart you.

Resistance is futile. ;)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2009, 09:57:03 PM »
To resist us is useless.  It is useless to resist us.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Argo

« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2009, 10:04:47 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2009, 12:12:47 AM »
Well, Chop, since you're clowning again I'm going to go ahead and give you what you deserve here.  Minus profanity and dealt from a perfectly rational, logical perspective.

First, this thread you started is not about searching for answers or seeking meaning.  It's about one thing and one thing only.  You.

It's a manifestation of your need for validation, of your craving to have people agree with you or take your "side" against whatever evil empire you've created in your mind.

You didn't really ask a question so much as you stated your completely biased position, trolled for support and dared anyone to challenge your own myopic way of thinking.  

Anyone who disagreed with you in this thread (or really in any other) would be greeted with your patented "yeah but," reply in which you restated your original position and added a few capital letters, a "common sense" or a "period" for emphasis.

You have a pre-ordained agenda here, and it isn't about Auburn, it's not about seeking truths regarding the current situation, it's not about trying to figure out how things reached this point (a point which is not as dire as you're want to make it).  It's about you being Chopper.  

You don't want an answer.  You want to score mental points so you can high five your Live Doll or some homeless guy on the street because you "showed them"

You clam you are interested in "clean debate."  How ridiculous. Do you honestly see it that way?  You're never about anything other than advancing your own agenda.  You have no more interest in "honest debate" than Doogie Howser does in pussy. Don't be disingenuous. It's beneath even you.

I don't mind admitting, I have little interest in debate for two reasons.  One, most people aren't capable and slide off into diversion and spin and when that gets them nowhwere, foot-stomping dinosaurian rants.  Two, because I'm generally not interested in having my opinion changed. You have to have my respect for that to happen and I only know a few of you well enough to consider it.  

Part of that is my background. I've been writing for a long time. I'm paid to have an opinion and to defend it.  Most of the time I have to have it formed pretty quickly.  When you're writing you rarely get a couple of weeks to "wait and see how things pan out."  From a writing standpoint nobody really gives a poop to read "we will just have to see."  People want an opinion, right or wrong. They want it so they can call you an idiot if you're wrong or if they disagree or so they can use what you say as ammunition when making their own arguments.  That's one reason I come across the way I do sometimes.  I form my opinion and I live with it.  

You guys rip Finebaum and Scarbinsky one week and love on their ass another based on what they write.  I'm not in their league and not saying I am, but the concept is basically the same.  I take what evidence is there and I make up my mind.  When I do, I'm done with it until something else happens to change it or I'm presented with additional evidence.  Evidence, to me, isn't somebody else's opinion.  I got mine. What the phuk do I need with yours?

So you can keep on if you want.  Doesn't matter to me either way.  But you should at least be honest with yourself.  Period.

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2009, 01:42:02 AM »
Let me show you how easy this is to turn right around on you....

Well, Kaos, since you're clowning again I'm going to go ahead and give you what you deserve here.  Minus profanity and dealt from a perfectly rational, logical perspective.

First, many threads you start, like the "Josh Moon Rapes Chizik", and other rants about how we are a "Hindenburg", are not about searching for answers or seeking meaning.  It's about one thing and one thing only.  You.

You didn't really post the article, or make your case, so much as you stated your completely biased position, trolled for support and dared anyone to challenge your own myopic way of thinking.  

Anyone who disagreed with you in this thread (or really in any other) would be greeted with your patented "Chizdick Sucking Loon," or "Fucking idiot" reply in which you restated your original position and added a few colorful animal raping adjectives, a "go fuck yourself" or a " :haha:" emoticon for emphasis.

You have a pre-ordained agenda here, and it isn't about Auburn, it's not about seeking truths regarding the current situation, it's not about trying to figure out how things reached this point (a point which is not as dire as you're want to make it).  It's about you being Kaos.  

You don't have, or want an answer.  You want to score mental points so you can high five your Live Doll or whack off to the latest KISS album while painted up as one of the freak bastards, because you "showed them".

You claim you are interested in "debate."  How ridiculous. Do you honestly see it that way?  You're never about anything other than advancing your own agenda.  You have no more interest in "debate" than Raven has in getting within 100 yards of you. Don't be disingenuous. It's beneath even you.

You have little interest in debate for two reasons.  One, you aren't capable and slide off into diversion and spin and when that gets you nowhwere, foot-stomping dinosaurian rants begin.  Two, because you're  generally not interested in having your opinion changed. Anyone that's been here for more than a week knows that you're not going to change your mind, or respect what anyone else has to say if it isn't in line with what you've been pushing in your Chizik rants.

I've been writing for a long time. At least since kindergarten.  I'm not paid to have an opinion and to defend it however.  When you're writing you rarely get a couple of weeks to "wait and see how things pan out, but thank God, I'm just a guy in the steel busines, so I can just relax and wait because my well being doesn't depend on me having to have an ironclad opinion right now.  People still want an opinion though, right or wrong. They want it so they can call you an idiot if you're wrong or if they disagree or so they can use what you say as ammunition when making their own arguments.  That's one reason I come across the way I do sometimes.  I form my opinion and I live with it.  It's part of being on a message board.  Again, thank goodness I'm not a professional writer.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2009, 06:00:01 AM »
^^
Fail

« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 08:50:50 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2009, 08:33:12 AM »
To resist us is useless.  It is useless to resist us.

You can dress up like a soldier in your onion-head hat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2009, 08:45:12 AM »
You can dress up like a soldierSultan in your onion-head hat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions