Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

*Serious Diamond-in-the-rough*

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: *Serious Diamond-in-the-rough*
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2009, 06:43:23 PM »

Nooooooo....what must I do to appease the intraweb gods?
You must realize that all great D1 teams have starting DEnds that weight at or over 300lbs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2009, 07:09:34 PM »
Why in the world does he have to fit the mold of what's playing the position right now?  You wouldn't take a 250 pound Dwight Freeny coming off the end?  How about 6'6" 260 lb. Jason Taylor?  Very few DE's are in the 300 lb. range and I would think that's what this kid projects at with his frame and mobility.
If you are insisting that he is going to be a DL in Alabama's defense, then he needs to be around 300 lbs. Linemen in a 3-4 scheme are pretty big. All of our starting DL are in the area of 300 lbs, and alot of the backups as well. To get somebody in the 260 lb range, you have to go to a 4th string DL. Like I said, maybe in AU's defense or say Clemson's defense he would fit in well. He would have to gain about 30 lbs for AU, but that wouldn't be difficult with his frame. He would be close to a good playing weight for Clemson as is. Maybe 10-15 lbs. Maybe. But he would have to gain a shitload of weight for Alabama, because of the DL CNS likes to have. If he came to UA, he would probably convert to LB. Probably at the JACK position.

Again, not saying this kid is the worst athlete ever. Not at all. Simply saying to those, such as Prowler who wanted to bring up the CNS offering him argument, that he would have a long way to go if he wanted to be on the DL at UA due to size.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Token

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2009, 11:43:20 AM »
For the record, this diamond in the rough who couldn't play Dline for Bama.....just committed to Alabama.  It appears that coach Saban doesn't agree with anyone who thinks he can't play.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2009, 11:46:05 AM »
For the record, this diamond in the rough who couldn't play Dline for Bama.....just committed to Alabama.  It appears that coach Saban doesn't agree with anyone who thinks he can't play.
Just saw that. The only thing I can think of is he will play LB. I can't see where he fits into Alabama's DL, can you?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2009, 11:53:41 AM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Good pickup. I'd like to have gotten him, but at least it provided a chuckle thanks to this thread.

:bamahomer: :haha:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2009, 11:54:13 AM »
Just saw that. The only thing I can think of is he will play LB. I can't see where he fits into Alabama's DL, can you?

He'll play Jack.  If Anders can put his hand in the dirt for 20+ snaps a game, so can this kid.  But I agree that he won' be full time DE.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2009, 11:58:35 AM »
He'll play Jack.  If Anders can put his hand in the dirt for 20+ snaps a game, so can this kid.  But I agree that he won' be full time DE.
That was my only argument, was that he did not fit the mold of an Alabama DL.

If he came to UA, he would probably convert to LB. Probably at the JACK position.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2009, 12:02:21 PM »
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Good pickup. I'd like to have gotten him, but at least it provided a chuckle thanks to this thread.

:bamahomer: :haha:
Whats funny is that I'm going to end up being right. No way this kid plays DL at Alabama. He will have to move to LB, and more than likely the outside Jack spot due to his speed. Which is what I already said earlier in the thread.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2009, 12:12:28 PM »
Whats funny is that I'm going to end up being right. No way this kid plays DL at Alabama. He will have to move to LB, and more than likely the outside Jack spot due to his speed. Which is what I already said earlier in the thread.

Sometimes you are a little too quick to pile on the prowler.  He said this kid can easily put on 40 pounds, and he's right.  40 pounds would put him at the 260, which is also the same size as Hightower.  In my opinion, this kid has the perfect frame to play at Jack.  Which means he will have his hand in the dirt at DE half of the time.

You made a hasty statement that this kid couldn't play in the SEC.  Saban wouldn't have offered the kid this late in the year if he didn't want him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2009, 12:29:59 PM »
Ok then.....go look at Alabama's DL roster and tell me how I am being arrogant. All of our first string DL are right around 300 lbs. He. Does. Not. Fit. Our. DL. Our smallest DL is 6'1" 264 lbs, and he's a 4th team NT.

Fill my replies with whatever inflammatory bullshit you want to try and get people on your side, but if you think he would fit in on UA's DL, thats crazy talk. Maybe as an OLB he would do OK. He's got pretty good size for that. I just wonder how he feels about moving out of his DL position. 

In a 4-3 scheme he's a DE...in a 3-4 he's an OLB.  Not sure which he'd better fit, but he's a pass rusher.  Though they require different personnel on the line, the 3-4 and 4-3 are a lot alike in many ways.  In either scheme there's usually 4 guys committed to pash rush or to occupy an OL as if they're a DL whether they're technically a DL or a LB. 

As for the kid that is the subject of this thread...who knows...something thinks he at least has some physical ability.  Will it translate?  Hard to say with the best of them, let alone a kid that hasn't played in a while. 

RWS, quit trying to act like you know anything about football...you know what Dr. Lou and the other talking heads tell you, which is exactly jack shit!  And you seem to have a common goal of polluting every single thread in recruiting on this site with your stupid bammer bullshit that you attempt to disquise as qualified personnel analysis, when in reality you just want to stir the pot by claiming that none of Auburn's good commits/prospects are really as good as the experts say, while all of bammers are, and fit just perfectly in to everything bammer does.  When you gonna get a life, buy a map and find Tuscaloser so you can go watch a football game?  Seriously dude, you're pathetic. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2009, 12:45:23 PM »
Sometimes you are a little too quick to pile on the prowler.  He said this kid can easily put on 40 pounds, and he's right.  40 pounds would put him at the 260, which is also the same size as Hightower.  In my opinion, this kid has the perfect frame to play at Jack.  Which means he will have his hand in the dirt at DE half of the time.

You made a hasty statement that this kid couldn't play in the SEC.  Saban wouldn't have offered the kid this late in the year if he didn't want him.
Relative to playing on the DL full time, no, I don't think he could make it. I've already said previously that if he went to Alabama, it would have to be as a Jack LB. The only argument I have made here is that he does not fit on the Alabama DL, and that he would be a Jack LB if he went to Alabama.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2009, 12:58:16 PM »
In a 4-3 scheme he's a DE...in a 3-4 he's an OLB.  Not sure which he'd better fit, but he's a pass rusher.  Though they require different personnel on the line, the 3-4 and 4-3 are a lot alike in many ways.  In either scheme there's usually 4 guys committed to pash rush or to occupy an OL as if they're a DL whether they're technically a DL or a LB. 

As for the kid that is the subject of this thread...who knows...something thinks he at least has some physical ability.  Will it translate?  Hard to say with the best of them, let alone a kid that hasn't played in a while. 

RWS, quit trying to act like you know anything about football...you know what Dr. Lou and the other talking heads tell you, which is exactly jack shit!  And you seem to have a common goal of polluting every single thread in recruiting on this site with your stupid bammer bullshit that you attempt to disquise as qualified personnel analysis, when in reality you just want to stir the pot by claiming that none of Auburn's good commits/prospects are really as good as the experts say, while all of bammers are, and fit just perfectly in to everything bammer does.  When you gonna get a life, buy a map and find Tuscaloser so you can go watch a football game?  Seriously dude, you're pathetic. 
I was pretty complementary of LaDarius Owens and Michael Dyer, even saying that you guys got the better out of the Seastrunk/Dyer pair. Started a thread telling you guys that Bonomolo was rated as the #17 overall JUCO prospect when the rankings came out. The only AU recruit I've trashed is Seastrunk, because I just think he is an attention whore. Oh, and when Aubrey Phillips transfered I think I said that wasn't going to work out. And two weeks later, low and behold....So, to say I'm polluting every single thread in the recruiting forum on this site with bullshit to trash AU recruits, would be inaccurate at best. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2009, 06:52:34 PM »
I was pretty complementary of LaDarius Owens and Michael Dyer, even saying that you guys got the better out of the Seastrunk/Dyer pair. Started a thread telling you guys that Bonomolo was rated as the #17 overall JUCO prospect when the rankings came out. The only AU recruit I've trashed is Seastrunk, because I just think he is an attention whore. Oh, and when Aubrey Phillips transfered I think I said that wasn't going to work out. And two weeks later, low and behold....So, to say I'm polluting every single thread in the recruiting forum on this site with bullshit to trash AU recruits, would be inaccurate at best. 
Yes you were complementary of LO and Dyer.  And unless things change, as in some of Auburn's coaches getting plucked, Auburn is going to pull Lache too, so...."wait 'till they get there"  Also, you felt that Aubrey wouldn't work out because of his questionable work ethic...not because he had a heart condition.  And yes you did "TRY" to pollute this thread by making fun of my statment about Adrian Hubbard being a "Serious Diamond in the Rough"...

See, AU wasting their time on a guy like this is why I think Chizik is not going to turn AU around. I mean, have you seen AU's run defense lately? Do you really think a 6'7" 227 pound DL is the answer? I know you don't want your DE's overly large and all, but damn. AU needs some straight up blue chip studs that can contribute immediately, not projects that may or may not qualify and will need a ton of "Yoxercising".

but then when I stated that your beloved midget had offered him....you quietly stepped back, then responded with....

Yes. He's an even worse fit for our defense as a DL than he is for AU's.

You were the one that started the "he's a worse fit for (SPuat's) Defense as a DL".  Again, like has been stated plenty of times before; First, you have NO CLUE about where he'll end up on the Defense.  Second, he's 18 and will very likely grow, even without trying to...it's what a lot of kids do from ages 17-20.  Third, if he only adds 30 to 40lbs of good weight he'll more than likely be y'alls Jack LBer (you do realize that means he'll play every game with his hands on the ground some of the time....right?)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2009, 07:27:13 PM »
You were the one that started the "he's a worse fit for (SPuat's) Defense as a DL".  Again, like has been stated plenty of times before; First, you have NO CLUE about where he'll end up on the Defense.  Second, he's 18 and will very likely grow, even without trying to...it's what a lot of kids do from ages 17-20.  Third, if he only adds 30 to 40lbs of good weight he'll more than likely be y'alls Jack LBer (you do realize that means he'll play every game with his hands on the ground some of the time....right?)
He would be a worse fit for Bama's DL than AU's. Alabama's DL are usually near 300 lbs. Like I said earlier in the thread, if he did come to Alabama it would have to be as a Jack. I said that before the kid ever committed. And yes, I do realize that he will have his hand on the ground some, and that is totally situational. It could be 1 time a game, it could be 20. You never stated anything different other than we were talking about him at DL. The kid will not be a DL at Alabama. It will not happen. This, and the fact that he will likely be a Jack are the only two things I have argued in this thread, even before the kid committed.

Also, as some others have implied in this thread, he may be a project. Even your boyfriend Jumbo mentioned his terrible technique. In that sense, I think AU is making a mistake taking a chance. Alabama has plenty of margin for error if a LB doesn't work out. AU needs some immediate depth at DE with some studs, not a project that may or may not pan out. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2009, 09:54:04 PM »
He would be a worse fit for Bama's DL than AU's. Alabama's DL are usually near 300 lbs. Like I said earlier in the thread, if he did come to Alabama it would have to be as a Jack. I said that before the kid ever committed. And yes, I do realize that he will have his hand on the ground some, and that is totally situational. It could be 1 time a game, it could be 20. You never stated anything different other than we were talking about him at DL. The kid will not be a DL at Alabama. It will not happen. This, and the fact that he will likely be a Jack are the only two things I have argued in this thread, even before the kid committed.

Also, as some others have implied in this thread, he may be a project. Even your boyfriend Jumbo mentioned his terrible technique. In that sense, I think AU is making a mistake taking a chance. Alabama has plenty of margin for error if a LB doesn't work out. AU needs some immediate depth at DE with some studs, not a project that may or may not pan out. 
Like "I" stated before...YOU are the one that's saying DL this, DL that.  Everyone else is pointing out that you have no clue about what you're talking about....here's another thing, technique can be corrected very easily....shit your pants quickness and speed can not be.  Being a "project" player is more along the lines of moving a player from his home position, a position that he's played since Pee Wee, to another position...Karlos WR to LB, Dontarrius Thomas RB to LB, Andrew McCain DE/TE to OT, Ben Grubbs DE to OG, etc.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2009, 10:02:35 PM »
I liked this kid.  The film on him made it move.  When you see any player who not only has the size and the skillz, but never gives up on a play, he's worth taking a chance on.  No doubt he'll pack on the pounds to wherever he's best suited.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

RWS

« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2009, 10:14:52 PM »
Like "I" stated before...YOU are the one that's saying DL this, DL that. 
BECAUSE HE IS A DEFENSIVE LINEMAN, for crying out loud. You even compared him to DE Corey Lemonier (another defensive lineman), and never once mentioned him at LB. I am the one who has repeatedly mentioned he would have to move to LB if he went to Alabama. My point is, and always has been, that he will not be a true defensive lineman at Alabama. If he comes to Alabama, he will have to move to Jack linebacker or some other linebacker position. This really isn't that hard.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2009, 02:15:29 PM »
I was pretty complementary of LaDarius Owens and Michael Dyer, even saying that you guys got the better out of the Seastrunk/Dyer pair. Started a thread telling you guys that Bonomolo was rated as the #17 overall JUCO prospect when the rankings came out. The only AU recruit I've trashed is Seastrunk, because I just think he is an attention whore. Oh, and when Aubrey Phillips transfered I think I said that wasn't going to work out. And two weeks later, low and behold....So, to say I'm polluting every single thread in the recruiting forum on this site with bullshit to trash AU recruits, would be accurate at best. 

FTFY

And notice you didn't even try to defend your lack of football knowledge either.  Good on you for that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2009, 08:39:39 AM »
This guy could already take Kodi Burn's spot at receiver and be an immediate upgrade, even if he can't catch.

Wonder how good he would be at CB? 6'7" 230 4.5 CB. Scary. You would nevere get the ball over his head. Never happen, but fun to think about.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2009, 09:59:58 AM »
This guy could already take Kodi Burn's spot at receiver and be an immediate upgrade, even if he can't catch.

Wonder how good he would be at CB? 6'7" 230 4.5 CB. Scary. You would nevere get the ball over his head. Never happen, but fun to think about.
You won't have to throw it over his head when the WR is 20 yards in front of him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."