Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

*Serious Diamond-in-the-rough*

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
*Serious Diamond-in-the-rough*
« on: October 30, 2009, 08:55:23 PM »
Adrian Hubbard DE 6'7" 227lbs. *4.55 40 Norcross, Ga. (5 Grillz)

*The fourty time was reported earlier as a 4.44, this kid can fly, but he's not a 4.4 speed guy.  I'm saying 4.55, which is still flying for a guy that size.

The reason why he's a so called DITR, is because he took his Junior year off, maybe to concentrate on grades or basketball...not sure, but he's making a lot of noise on a very talented Norcross team.

Offers:
Tennessee State
Jacksonville State
North Carolina State
Kentucky
Maryland
South Carolina
FSU
Clemson

Schools showing interest:
Auburn
Georgia
SPuat

He's scheduled to be in Auburn tomorrow.  He's looking for an offer from Auburn and one could be on the way with DE Justin Delaine as a possible nonqualifier.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 08:57:32 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Re: *Serious Diamond-in-the-rough*
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 09:25:41 PM »
Now wait.....is this one of those guys who is a diamond in the rough who is the next Sen'Derrick Marks, but when the next guy comes in is a guy that should have never been offered?

See, AU wasting their time on a guy like this is why I think Chizik is not going to turn AU around. I mean, have you seen AU's run defense lately? Do you really think a 6'7" 227 pound DL is the answer? I know you don't want your DE's overly large and all, but damn. AU needs some straight up blue chip studs that can contribute immediately, not projects that may or may not qualify and will need a ton of "Yoxercising".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 08:19:41 AM »
The kid looks good.  He's relentless.  How many guys did he chase down whenthe play was a long way away from him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2009, 08:27:50 AM »
Looks tremendously athletic.  Needs to put on 30 pounds (at least) and learn a lot more technique.  I don't know if "diamond in the rough" is right for this kid.  Seems more like a project that has potential to turn out well. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2009, 09:15:17 PM »
Now wait.....is this one of those guys who is a diamond in the rough who is the next Sen'Derrick Marks, but when the next guy comes in is a guy that should have never been offered?

See, AU wasting their time on a guy like this is why I think Chizik is not going to turn AU around. I mean, have you seen AU's run defense lately? Do you really think a 6'7" 227 pound DL is the answer? I know you don't want your DE's overly large and all, but damn. AU needs some straight up blue chip studs that can contribute immediately, not projects that may or may not qualify and will need a ton of "Yoxercising".
Adrian won't need a "ton" of yoxercising....he could easily handle 40lbs on that frame, and not lose that much speed at all.  This kid is a stud and I would love it if he gets the Auburn offer and ends his recruiting right then and there.  But from the looks of it, he'll wait until close to Feb.  Also, this kid could end up being the next Sen'D.....or not.  But, I would love to watch this kid wearing Orange & Blue, harassing the opposing QBs for 4 to 5 years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2009, 08:01:18 PM »

So, rws, is Coach midget wasting his time on a guy like this?  He just personally offered him a scholarship, is all.  The all knowing midget certainly thinks that I'm right...within a few years, this kid will be a stud wherever he goes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 02:02:06 PM »
So, rws, is Coach midget wasting his time on a guy like this? 
Yes. He's an even worse fit for our defense as a DL than he is for AU's.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2009, 05:23:23 AM »
Terrible technique, but he's shit yo pants fast.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2009, 06:31:46 PM »
Again, rws....how bad is this kid?  ESPN seems to think that he's better than DE Corey Lemonier.  Here's the link to his ESPN profile, notice where they have him ranked.

ESPN Top 150 #78 player and the #8 DE in the Country, Adrian Hubbard
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2009, 07:30:16 AM »
Again, rws....how bad is this kid?  ESPN seems to think that he's better than DE Corey Lemonier.  Here's the link to his ESPN profile, notice where they have him ranked.

ESPN Top 150 #78 player and the #8 DE in the Country, Adrian Hubbard
The kid won't make it in the SEC, I'm telling you. I have no idea why AU or UA are recruiting him......I mean, unless he puts on about 80 lbs of good weight, he's useless on our DL. I'm not saying he's the most horrible prospect EVAR. I'm simply saying he doesn't fit. I don't care what you or ESPN says. God knows both have been wrong PLENTY of times. If he's smart, he will go to Clemson. He's smallish for an AU DL as well, but less smallish than he would be at UA.

If he goes to an SEC school, he will be a LB. If he wants to be a DL, then he should go to Clemson.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2009, 08:14:35 AM »
The kid won't make it in the SEC, I'm telling you. I have no idea why AU or UA are recruiting him......I mean, unless he puts on about 80 lbs of good weight, he's useless on our DL. I'm not saying he's the most horrible prospect EVAR. I'm simply saying he doesn't fit. I don't care what you or ESPN says. God knows both have been wrong PLENTY of times. If he's smart, he will go to Clemson. He's smallish for an AU DL as well, but less smallish than he would be at UA.

If he goes to an SEC school, he will be a LB. If he wants to be a DL, then he should go to Clemson.

You can't ever be really sure where someone will end up position wise until they get on campus.
Signed
Karlos Dansby
Former WR
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2009, 08:19:58 AM »
The kid won't make it in the SEC, I'm telling you. I am always right. Period. If you don't believe me, I will write 6 paragraphs in 15 posts to make you believe me. I have no idea why AU or UA are recruiting him......I mean, unless he puts on about 80 lbs of good weight, he's useless on our DL, weare BAMA after all. But then again, most recruits that would be allstars at other schools are useless to Bama...we are that loaded at every position. I'm not saying he's the most horrible prospect EVAR. I'm simply saying he doesn't fit into Alabama...Did I mention we roll 5 deep at every position. I don't care what you or ESPN or Saban or Chizik says. God knows everyone but me have been wrong PLENTY of times. I have never been wrong and everyone should consult me before choosing who to give scholarships to. If he's smart, he will go to Clemson. He's smallish for an AU DL as well, but less smallish than he would be at UA, and that is not saying that UA is that much better. It's just facts. This post is not condescending or arrogant in any way.

Yeah...you're probably right dude...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2009, 09:32:43 AM »
Yeah...you're probably right dude...
Ok then.....go look at Alabama's DL roster and tell me how I am being arrogant. All of our first string DL are right around 300 lbs. He. Does. Not. Fit. Our. DL. Our smallest DL is 6'1" 264 lbs, and he's a 4th team NT.

Fill my replies with whatever inflammatory bullshit you want to try and get people on your side, but if you think he would fit in on UA's DL, thats crazy talk. Maybe as an OLB he would do OK. He's got pretty good size for that. I just wonder how he feels about moving out of his DL position. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2009, 09:39:22 AM »
Ok then.....go look at Alabama's DL roster and tell me how I am being arrogant. All of our first string DL are right around 300 lbs. He. Does. Not. Fit. Our. DL. Our smallest DL is 6'1" 264 lbs, and he's a 4th team NT.

Fill my replies with whatever inflammatory bullshit you want to try and get people on your side, but if you think he would fit in on UA's DL, thats crazy talk. Maybe as an OLB he would do OK. He's got pretty good size for that. I just wonder how he feels about moving out of his DL position. 

We're already on his side if you haven't noticed.  It's YOUR job to try and convince us differently... You've failed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2009, 06:31:20 PM »

You are an absolute RETARD if you think that a KID at 17 or 18, won't get bigger.  He's fuckin' SIX FOOT SEVEN!! Which means he'll be able to handle a lot of good weight, if that's what the coaches want from him.  So, in rws' book, EVERY player is as small or large in HighSchool as they will be when they're in their second or third year in college.  I guess Cody still weights 747lbs., I guess AJ Mcbrodie will still be 6'3" 128lbs. when he's the bammer starting QB, because he'll surely not be able to add any weight, at all....ever.
RWS
          :haha: Dumbass
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2009, 06:48:15 PM »
I like the way you strategically placed the name RWS for the kid to point directly at it...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2009, 09:04:35 AM »
You are an absolute RETARD if you think that a KID at 17 or 18, won't get bigger.  He's fuckin' SIX FOOT SEVEN!! Which means he'll be able to handle a lot of good weight, if that's what the coaches want from him.  So, in rws' book, EVERY player is as small or large in HighSchool as they will be when they're in their second or third year in college.  I guess Cody still weights 747lbs., I guess AJ Mcbrodie will still be 6'3" 128lbs. when he's the bammer starting QB, because he'll surely not be able to add any weight, at all....ever.
RWS
          :haha: Dumbass
Kids can put on weight. He is tall, but putting on 70-80 lbs of GOOD weight? Really? When a guy is 6'7" 227 lbs, and you ask him to put on that much weight, he's going to have to adjust to that weight. And thats a shitload of weight to put on in a short amount of time, and then learn how to play football with that weight. If you think this kid can put on 70-80 lbs of good weight, then great. If you think he will play the same exact way after gaining 70-80 lbs as he did when he was 227 lbs, then great. If you think he will have the same motor after gaining all that weight, then great. Thats all your little opinion, Prowler. Hug it, squeeze it, do whatever to get that warm fuzzy feeling inside. As a matter of fact, bookmark this thread. Please.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2009, 11:50:14 AM »
Why in the world does he have to fit the mold of what's playing the position right now?  You wouldn't take a 250 pound Dwight Freeny coming off the end?  How about 6'6" 260 lb. Jason Taylor?  Very few DE's are in the 300 lb. range and I would think that's what this kid projects at with his frame and mobility.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2009, 12:07:47 PM »
Why in the world does he have to fit the mold of what's playing the position right now?  You wouldn't take a 250 pound Dwight Freeny coming off the end?  How about 6'6" 260 lb. Jason Taylor?  Very few DE's are in the 300 lb. range and I would think that's what this kid projects at with his frame and mobility.

How dare you not believe in what RWS is saying. May you be damned with reading a 4 paragraph response to your bullshit...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2009, 01:10:31 PM »
How dare you not believe in what RWS is saying. May you be damned with reading a 4 paragraph response to your bullshit...

Nooooooo....what must I do to appease the intraweb gods?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions