Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Birminham Tigersx'ers

BZ770

• BZ770 Is The Most Interesting Person On The X
Birminham Tigersx'ers
« on: October 18, 2009, 11:05:39 PM »
Saw where there was a vigil for Larry Langford with 55 in attendance,  I figured some of you probably braved the cold to go and support your Mayor.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

Re: Birminham Tigersx'ers
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 05:45:01 PM »
Didn't you hear?  Larry Langford was annoited by God to run the city of Birmingham.  You betta recognize.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

BZ770

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 10:20:15 PM »
He must have had visions for Visionland and a Dome Stadium.  This shit with Larry is a repeat of Arrington of when he spent the night in jail, they had a civil right march to the jail and I believe he spent one night there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 05:06:13 AM »
Tebow will testify in Langford's defense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 09:50:30 AM »
I was there in my sackcloth and ashes, chained at the hands and feet.   :bc:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

BZ770

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2009, 10:02:26 PM »

Did you run into Collette there, she's always looking for an event to tip the bottle.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2009, 12:49:09 AM »
I was there in my sackcloth and ashes, chained at the hands and feet.   :bc:
Langford had Guicci make the sacks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2009, 01:29:26 PM »
Langford had Guicci make the sacks.
Nah, it's the evil Palestinians.

Birmingham clothier Re­mon Danforah left his upscale men's clothing store in Birmingham on Tuesday to serve as the prosecution's fourth witness in the federal corruption trial of Mayor Larry Langford, a regular customer.

Michael Rasmussen, Langford's lead defense at­torney, described Danforah in opening statements as a Palestinian who had dou­ble- billed for clothing re­ceived by Langford.

Danforah's attorney, Doug Jones, called the char­acterization of Danforah as a double-biller an "absurd assumption" and said inter­jecting Danforah's origin was inappropriate.

"It seems to me as if that's a desperate move," Jones said.

Jones said Danforah's life is a success story. "He is an American citizen," Jones said. "He has been for over 35 years."

Danforah came to Amer­ica from Ramallah, a West Bank city 10 miles north of Jerusalem, when he was 16 in 1972. He followed his sis­ter to the United States, ac­cording to Jones. Jones said Danforah lived with his sis­ter for six months, got his own place and worked as a tailor.

Within two years, Danfo­rah opened his own busi­ness, the forerunner of his high-end store, Remon's, The Gentleman's Clothier. Jones said Danforah be­came an American citizen after three years in the country. He was later able to bring his mother and father to the U.S.

Danforah told jurors that suits at his store can range from $700 to $2,000, socks from $20 to $35, shirts from $95 to $450 and ties from $75 to $200. He said Lang­ford was a regular customer and that the first time Lang­ford visited, Montgomery investment banker Bill Blount and lobbyist Al La­Pierre were with him.

Langford faces 60 counts alleging he accepted $236,000 in cash and gifts from Blount and LaPierre. Blount's investment bank, Blount Parrish & Co., was awarded $7.1 million in fees during Langford's time on the Jefferson County Com­mission for advising on the sale of sewer bonds that are now in default. Both Blount and LaPierre have pleaded guilty.

The government con­tends bribes paid to Lang­ford in return for the bond work went for a variety of things, including $54,400 in clothing from Remon's.

During cross-examina­tion, Rasmussen attempted to portray Danforah as a shoddy businessman. He also suggested that Langford paid some bills.

Danforah said he is the only one running his store and does the best he can with records.

Although Rasmussen did not question Danforah di­rectly about double billing, Danforah, under redirect questioning from the pros­ecution, said he did not cheat Blount and LaPierre.

"Did you run a scam on Bill Blount and Al LaPierre?" Assistant U.S. Attorney Scar­lett Singleton asked Danfo­rah.

Danforah replied: "No, ma'am."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2009, 06:02:42 PM »
GUILTY! That didn't take long at all.

Guilty on all 60 counts - will face the possibility of 805 years at sentencing.

Race card just played by his wife. "Only in Alabama can a black man still not get a fair trial."
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 06:22:27 PM by Pell City Tiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2009, 06:14:04 PM »
"I was convicted by the media before the trial even began."

"Race was a factor. They struck all the black people they could off the jury."

(to John Pappis - B'ham news) "You the biggest snake of them all."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Jumbo

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2009, 06:20:58 PM »
GUILTY! That didn't take long at all.

Race card just played by his wife. "Only in Alabama can a black man still not get a fair trial."
Playing the race card has been played out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2009, 06:28:48 PM »
Playing the race card has been played out.
He and his wife had a full deck of them. Went off on the government, media, and whites in general.

He said he's going home to eat some sherbert with sparkling grape juice poured over it. Said he eats it with a fork.

Fucking hilarious! 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2009, 06:33:32 PM »
Yet another corrupt politician, REALLY?  Let's make sure we hand over 1/6 of the economy to those "non corrupt" politicians in Washington DC
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2009, 07:59:03 PM »
Anyone else notice he started naming media guys and calling them snakes?  What a typical future prisoner. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2009, 08:34:14 PM »
Anyone else notice he started naming media guys and calling them snakes?  What a typical future prisoner. 
I backed it up and watched it again. I have not laughed that hard in a while. The evening news is going to be awfully boring when they lock this baffoon up in January.

John Rogers, the democrat state representative from birmingham, was on at 6 and said he supported everything Langford said. The trial was a racist event because the jury wasn't comprised of enough black people.

Fucking idiots.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2009, 12:32:19 AM »
I saw a picture of your interim Mayor.  God fucking help you people up there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2009, 04:39:52 PM »
I saw a picture of your interim Mayor.  God fucking help you people up there.
She'll be indicted by the Feds soon enough. But her bribes will be going to Dreamland BBQ, Church's Fried Chicken, and Krispy Kreme doughnuts instead of shady sewer bond deals.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2009, 04:44:53 PM »
Those fucking reporters yesterday. Man, they were on a roll. One of them asked Langford,"What effect do you think your conviction will have on Birmingham's bid to host the olympics?"

Langford just stared at him.

I leaked a little piss on this one. Well played by whoever asked the question.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2009, 05:02:23 PM »
Those fucking reporters yesterday. Man, they were on a roll. One of them asked Langford,"What effect do you think your conviction will have on Birmingham's bid to host the olympics?"

Langford just stared at him.

I leaked a little piss on this one. Well played by whoever asked the question.

I tell ya...it's like Christmas around here today.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.