Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Different Schools of Thought...

Different Schools of Thought...
« on: October 25, 2009, 03:03:13 PM »
I could reply to all these different threads, but it would be a waste of time...  I stand by my article last week.  This situation sucks.  The situation sucks badly.  I have to disagree with all the calls for coaches heads and talk about how they don't know their asses from holes in the ground.  (Although the shallow kick offs did send my cell phone almost flying across the room once or twice...that was just stupid bullshit....but then again, Tuberville did the same stupid shit against them just a year or two ago that gave them game winning field position...it's not exclusive to this staff.)

Look, we ALL knew that we were going to struggle this year.  We ALL know that our depth is a bullshit situation.  We ALL know that Tuberville for whatever reason gave up last year.  He was done.  Period.  We ALL seem to know this, but still come out with twenty five thousand different reasons why we're going downhill the rest of the season.  Virtually everything from the players, individual coaches, schemes to the style cup the coke is served in is getting blamed.  Frustration is a bitch when there is no clear answer to the collective problem.

Gus Malzahn might suck over a period of time, but if he doesn't have an effective QB, it's not going to work.  If you can't mix up at least the threat that you can pass it down field you limit your running game.  It's all tied together.  Chris Todd isn't, and I don't believe is capable of getting it done anymore...at ALL.  He has severely hamstrung this offense and therefore the playcalling of our offensive coaches.  I don't know what the fuck Todd's problem is, but to say at minimum that his confidence is gone is an understatement. 

I'm sorry, I know there are a few here that handle their business by just announcing how smart they are and how any opinion other than FUCK EVERYTHING is fucking idiotic, but I'm not going to call Auburn a lost cause down the road with THIS staff.....yet.

I want to see Tyrik Rollison, or Barret Trotter next year.  I want to see depth on D with arguably the most explosive linebacker recruiting classes we've had in years.  I want to see McCallebb and Dyer (Seastrunk?????) and Antonio Goodwins and Blakes and a more experienced Benton and other receivers.   I want to see these guys behind the OL recruits like Ed C, possibly Mack.   I want to see a staff actually have time to excecute their plans without getting shit canned because dino-brain fuck everything mental cases can't control themselves.

The rest of this year is going to suck.  Our players are tired, whooped, frustrated, chopped, diced, pistol whipped and bitch slapped. We know it.  I know it.  It's going to be embarrassing, but I have to believe with a lot of the other things I've seen, and with the recruiting that's going on, that there's better things ahead.  Bammers will more than likely be celebrating their first "streak" versus Auburn in a LONG time.  So fucking what?  I hate it, but I'd be PROUD to see the SEC West come down to the Iron Bowl again, and I think it COULD happen....and soon.

So, anyway, I've got no problems with the way anyone's approached this.  Everyone needs to handle this how they see fit, but I don't believe it's time to fucking write off Auburn football for five to ten years as others have expressed.  I'm just going to have to agree to disagree....

My take after sleeping on it...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Different Schools of Thought...
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 03:19:03 PM »
Five to ten years? 

We'll get this shit fixed next year when Bill Cowher becomes our coach. 

What happened to Chris Todd?  That's my question.  Is he hurt? 

Alabama doesn't really have an effective QB.  McElwain is making it work.  Florida doesn't really have a downfield passing game.  Meyer is still making it work.  Arkansas doesn't have a consistent running game.  Petrino is making it work.  Kentucky was playing their third string quarterback.  Rich Brooks made it work. 

Why does Malzahn get excused when others know how to make it work?  Chris Todd sucks.  Okay.  Take him out of the game or adjust your playcalling.  Add wrinkles to the wildcat.  Put a back up in.  Run Ben Tate up the middle and keep the defense well rested. 

Not that keeping the defense well rested would help.  Don't worry, though.  That will change when we convince Belichek to come to Auburn to finish out his career kicking Saban's ass. 

What about the defense?  They've gone from bad to worse.  Or the penalties?  Good lord, we play some undisciplined football. 

Something else that's disheartening is the fact that other first year head coaches who inherited similar situations are IMPROVING this year.  Not waiting on recruiting classes.  Not making excuses for their inept quarterback.  Kiffin almost beat Alabama yesterday.  We got blown out to LSU.  Mullen almost beat Florida yesterday.  Iowa St upset Nebraska.  Clemson upset Miami. 

We got blown out because we're getting worse.  These coaches are losing this team.  The other first years started out rough but are improving each week and playing well with the cards they've been dealt. 

I think I was right a few weeks ago.  Chizik started out too fast.  Too good for his own abilities. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 03:45:57 PM »
What happened to Chris Todd?  That's my question.  Is he hurt?

Good question.  I told a friend of mine that when we got the ball at midfield just before half, that I'd have Todd chuck it as far as he could and gauge where his arm really was.  I don't know if he's hurt or not, but his passes look like shit and he certainly isn't making comfortable decisisions.  I'm not sure if Malzahn can help that or not.  

Alabama doesn't really have an effective QB.  McElwain is making it work.  Florida doesn't really have a downfield passing game.  Meyer is still making it work.  Arkansas doesn't have a consistent running game.  Petrino is making it work.  Kentucky was playing their third string quarterback.  Rich Brooks made it work.

Hmmm... If you want to put Chris Todd in the same sentences as McElroy, Mallet and Tebow...then okay. Your opinion.  

Why does Malzahn get excused when others know how to make it work?  Chris Todd sucks.  Okay.  Take him out of the game or adjust your playcalling.  Add wrinkles to the wildcat.  Put a back up in.  Run Ben Tate up the middle and keep the defense well rested.

Depth.  Who else on OL?  You STILL have to be able to be a threat downfield or defenses will key on the run and stop it.  I'm sorry, this doesn't change my opinion either.  

What about the defense?  They've gone from bad to worse.  Or the penalties?  Good lord, we play some undisciplined football.

Never said the defense was playing good.  They've gotten worse as they've gotten more tired and frustrated.  Bill Parcels can't even change that.  They're beat the fuck up.  They're slowing down.  They can't get the angles.  Now, some of that IS on the coaches, the rest of it is just the reality of wear and tear.  It's going to be a long last few games for the defense.  We'll get pounded worse before this season is over.   

Something else that's disheartening is the fact that other first year head coaches who inherited similar situations are IMPROVING this year.  Not waiting on recruiting classes.  Not making excuses for their inept quarterback.  Kiffin almost beat Alabama yesterday.  We got blown out to LSU.  Mullen almost beat Florida yesterday.  Iowa St upset Nebraska.  Clemson upset Miami. 

We got blown out because we're getting worse.  These coaches are losing this team.  The other first years started out rough but are improving each week and playing well with the cards they've been dealt. 

I think I was right a few weeks ago.  Chizik started out too fast.  Too good for his own abilities. 

I don't think either of us are going to be right or wrong here.  I'm sure some will claim it one way or the other, but what you're blaming almost exclusively on coaches, I say has a lot to do with playing with 2/3's of the players they are.  It's a bad situation.  What I'm surprised at is the fact that Bammer was put on probation to be that low on players.... We had a coching staff that many people still wish were in place that put us there for no other reason than claiming they couldn't compete against Saban.  Really?'

Well, if Alabama gets penalized by the NCAA for shenanigans down the road, then that's a topic of discussion we'll all love participating in.  Right now?  It looks like Tuberville got pasted by the crimson midget and did one hell of a car salesman pitch job the last few years in town.  It's funny.  Some have claimed that Chizik is all hat no cattle....  Well, Tuberville had a hat, had a closet full of them, but forgot to lock the gates to the coral and the cattle were leaving in droves. 

We're now paying for it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 03:59:22 PM »
Yeah. It's all Tuberville's fault. 

:taunt:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2009, 04:03:49 PM »
Yeah. It's all Tuberville's fault. 

:taunt:

Didn't say it "all" was Tuberville's fault.  The depth issue sure has a hell of a lot to do with it.  Go ahead and explain the lack of players Kaos.  It's clearly the new staff's fault, right?  You have all the answers.  Would love to hear it on this one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2009, 04:10:57 PM »
Didn't say it "all" was Tuberville's fault.  The depth issue sure has a hell of a lot to do with it.  Go ahead and explain the lack of players Kaos.  It's clearly the new staff's fault, right?  You have all the answers.  Would love to hear it on this one.

Yes.  It's as much the new staff as anything. 

Depth is not the overriding issue. 

You are an excuse whore.  Keep on making them. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2009, 04:19:05 PM »
Yes.  It's as much the new staff as anything. 

Depth is not the overriding issue. 

You are an excuse whore.  Keep on making them. 

My opinion that depth, while NOT the sole reason, IS the main issue right now.  That's MY opinion.  SO, now you've called me names because I have an opinion, and you've called me names for not claiming one.  You're just being an asshole.  Okay..we get it.  So....You didn't say shit here.  Why is the lack of players the new staff's fault.  Why is the development of players that we saw coming into this year, the new staff's fault.  Please...actually say something with the exception of bullshit slaps in my direction.

Say something...quit the bullshit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Greaseyweasel

• Love Auburn, Hate chizik. 'nuff said.
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2009, 06:06:51 PM »
Where are the injuries that have brought our lack of depth into play?
There are none.
TT left some decent players that a decent coaching staff would know how to get some production out of. But then again your pro Auburn and not pro chizik so you won't waste our time by arguing with facts that are just made up excuses.
Thats why i like you chopper, you call'em as they are, not as you wish they were.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You've got to learn to stand for something

or you'll fall for anything.

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2009, 06:12:01 PM »
There are none.
TT left some decent players that a decent coaching staff would know how to get some production out of. But then again your pro Auburn and not pro chizik so you won't waste our time by arguing with facts that are just made up excuses.
Thats why i like you chopper, you call'em as they are, not as you wish they were.

I'm sorry, but this is just ignorant.  Say what you want about the staff utilizing what's available, but the rest is just pure ignorance.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Greaseyweasel

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2009, 05:42:45 PM »
So chopper where is the witty statistical comeback? Where can you show me that I am wrong in the least?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2009, 05:51:41 PM »
There are none.

THis doesn't even make since you fucking douche...

You suck...

Fucking ass clown...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Greaseyweasel

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2009, 05:57:27 PM »
It's called sarcasm.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2009, 05:59:48 PM »
THis doesn't even make since you phuking douche...

You suck...

phuking ass clown...

This is perfect. 

Can an admin install some kind of "Greasy response button" that we can push that just automatically posts the quote above? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

ibelonginprison

• Bama... As cool as AIDS
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2009, 06:33:38 PM »
Half agree, half don't agree.

Do think Kaos's response of "suck dick and choke" was about as useless as lips on a chicken. LOL  Thanks, twatwaffle.  Why don't you go find a opossum throwing up to post.  It'd be more useful.  Weasel?  Thanks for coming out of the woodwork, pecker lick. Your contributions are priceless.

Anyway, here's my worthless two cents:

I'm an Auburn Fan.  So you know what I have to say to all this shitty season nonsense?  War, Mother Fucking, Goddamned, Jack-you-in-the-Taint, you sorry, cock sucking, elephant fuckers, Damned EAGLE!!!!!  Those of us that are true fans have seen the good, the bad, the mediocre.  Vanilla?  No... that at least has flavor.  We're baking soda.  We're as neutral as it comes right now.  Horrible.  Deplorable.  Frozen mustard on a stick in the hands of a 6 year old retarded girl could play better defense right now.

Am I frustrated?  Fuck yeah I am.  But I'm an Auburn Fan.  I've been through thick and thin.  So our coaches aren't handling the hemorrhaging well.  Well.... shit.  But I still support them.  Why?  Two reasons:
1. Bitching and moaning won't get us more wins.  I'm one man on a damned internet forum.  A relatively small one.  Nothing I say or do is going to remotely affect the outcome of anything, much less sway the opinion of any decision maker.  Talking all the shit about how we hate our team and we hate our players, and we hate our coaches just makes it look like our entire fan base is falling apart.  We're a family... Auburn is our unifying force.  You can't give up on that just because things go south.
2. Our coaches, for better or worse, are running our team.  Can't change that right now.  Maybe in the off season we should talk about what to do on THAT front, but for now?  They steer the ship.  If I drop trou' and piss on the coaches shoes then I'm essentially pissing on my own team.  And I won't do it.

Pissed?  You're fuckin' right I'm pissed.  Saturday was the first time in a decade I've walked away from a game and not even checked the score until the game had been over for hours and it was halfway to sunlight and I was knee deep in Everclear and a half case of Bud Light.  It was damn sure the first time I've ever seen Defensive Delay of Game.  WTF!??!??

But in the end, I take each gameday by the nuts and cheer on my team.  I'll just make sure I'm a little more drunk before the game STARTS now.

War Eagle, dammit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Bama fans make me want to punch babies...

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2009, 06:48:29 PM »
Half agree, half don't agree.

Do think Kaos's response of "suck dick and choke" was about as useless as lips on a chicken. LOL  Thanks, twatwaffle.  Why don't you go find a opossum throwing up to post.  It'd be more useful.  Weasel?  Thanks for coming out of the woodwork, pecker lick. Your contributions are priceless.

Anyway, here's my worthless two cents:

I'm an Auburn Fan.  So you know what I have to say to all this shitty season nonsense?  War, Mother Fucking, Goddamned, Jack-you-in-the-Taint, you sorry, cock sucking, elephant fuckers, Damned EAGLE!!!!!  Those of us that are true fans have seen the good, the bad, the mediocre.  Vanilla?  No... that at least has flavor.  We're baking soda.  We're as neutral as it comes right now.  Horrible.  Deplorable.  Frozen mustard on a stick in the hands of a 6 year old retarded girl could play better defense right now.

Am I frustrated?  Fuck yeah I am.  But I'm an Auburn Fan.  I've been through thick and thin.  So our coaches aren't handling the hemorrhaging well.  Well.... shit.  But I still support them.  Why?  Two reasons:
1. Bitching and moaning won't get us more wins.  I'm one man on a damned internet forum.  A relatively small one.  Nothing I say or do is going to remotely affect the outcome of anything, much less sway the opinion of any decision maker.  Talking all the shit about how we hate our team and we hate our players, and we hate our coaches just makes it look like our entire fan base is falling apart.  We're a family... Auburn is our unifying force.  You can't give up on that just because things go south.
2. Our coaches, for better or worse, are running our team.  Can't change that right now.  Maybe in the off season we should talk about what to do on THAT front, but for now?  They steer the ship.  If I drop trou' and piss on the coaches shoes then I'm essentially pissing on my own team.  And I won't do it.

Pissed?  You're fuckin' right I'm pissed.  Saturday was the first time in a decade I've walked away from a game and not even checked the score until the game had been over for hours and it was halfway to sunlight and I was knee deep in Everclear and a half case of Bud Light.  It was damn sure the first time I've ever seen Defensive Delay of Game.  WTF!??!??

But in the end, I take each gameday by the nuts and cheer on my team.  I'll just make sure I'm a little more drunk before the game STARTS now.

War Eagle, dammit.

The only credentials I have to prove my reading comprehension is a degree in English, so bear with me. 

I think the only thing you said in that long diatribe was that you're a true Auburn fan and because of that, you're going to stand behind the coaches while they drive our season into the ground.  And you're REALLY angry about it. 

:sneer:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2009, 08:54:05 PM »
I believe that everybody from Jay Jacobs all the way down to Jimmy Joe Bob, who cleans the toilets in the Athletic Department offices can share in the blame.
Tuberville slipped over the last few years.  MOST of us can agree on that.  Like him, love him or hate his fucking guts...you could see that he all but gave up on in-state recruiting when the little garden gnome showed up in Tuscaloosa.  Combine that with several chances he took on some borderline type players screwed depth all over the field.  Tubs' staff certainly should take their fair share, whether it be from sorry ass coaching or just general dumbassery.

All of that aside, this staff knew the current situation with depth...especially on defense.  At some point, you have to realize that if you don't have the horses to stop somebody, you have to try and out scheme them.  The only scheme I have seen so far from this defensive staff is to have the corners play super soft 10 yards off the receivers.  Tackling correctly has nothing to do with depth either, unless you are talking about late in the 4th quarter when the guys are all gassed. 

Somewhere, sometime, this staff has to take the bull by the horns and do something to try and combat the obvious issues.  Their answer so far is to make excuses and play as vanilla as possible.  Good coaches don't make excuses...they make things happen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Greaseyweasel

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2009, 09:41:42 PM »
I believe that everybody from Jay Jacobs all the way down to Jimmy Joe Bob, who cleans the toilets in the Athletic Department offices can share in the blame.

Good coaches don't make excuses...they make things happen.

Thank you for posting the obvious.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ibelonginprison

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2009, 02:53:29 PM »
The only credentials I have to prove my reading comprehension is a degree in English, so bear with me. 

I think the only thing you said in that long diatribe was that you're a true Auburn fan and because of that, you're going to stand behind the coaches while they drive our season into the ground.  And you're REALLY angry about it. 

:sneer:

I digressed for a half second to take shots at Kaos and Weasel.  But, yeah. That's about it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2009, 04:28:05 PM »
You missed
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ibelonginprison

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2009, 06:04:47 PM »
You missed

So did your dad.  The better part of you ended up as a stain on the rug.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions