Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Frenchy

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
Frenchy
« on: October 15, 2009, 04:33:48 PM »
We might see Pierre-Louis on O this week.  After all the hype he got in the preseason last year, I can't wait to see what he can do.

Redshirt freshman receiver Philip Pierre-Louis has a chance to do more than just return punts this week against Kentucky. Receivers coach Trooper Taylor said Pierre-Louis has also resumed his work with the offense.
"He's got a knack for finding little holes in the defense," Taylor said.

Pierre-Louis was held out for the first four games before working his way back into the good graces of the coaching staff and rejoining the active roster for the Tennessee game.

"We put a lot of pressure on him," Taylor said. "And I'm going to tell you, nobody put more pressure on him than coach (Gene) Chizik. He had a lot of things that he had to do off the football field before he even had a chance to touch it. The sad thing is people think that he came back just because of the punt return deal. But that just coincided with the time that coach Chizik allowed him to come back. It had nothing to do with, 'We better have a punt returner. We better put him back there.'

"He had a chance to practice and compete for it that week and he just did the best job. It just worked out that way. He learned a valuable lesson. He's done a good job in my meeting room talking to the guys about decision-making and things like that. That's been really big for him."

RecommendRecommend (0)
Print this Email this Share this:
Previous story: Aubrey Phillips departs, but LB Eltoro Freeman could be back
Next story: Auburn's Gene Chizik willing to 'roll dice,' be more physical

Story tags: Auburn | Philip Pierre-Louis | Trooper Taylor

Comments (11 total)     RSSPost a commentOldest comments are shown first. Show newest comments first

Posted by waregl87
October 14, 2009, 10:46PM
Riiight. I'll believe it when I see PPL out there. Weren't the coaches talking about PPL maybe "getting a chance to play offense" about a month or so ago? The coaches can say whatever they want, but I doubt we see PPL on offense. And does anybody find it weird how opposite the reactions are to PPL's punt returning by Trooper Taylor and Jay Boulware? All Boulware could do was dog him after his "decent performance" against Tennessee (where simply catching the punt was a huge win for our returner) and Trooper has nothing but praise for PPL. I thought the difference in reactions was interesting. Maybe Boulware just expects a lot more out of our return game, and that's understandable. PPL should be our punt returner for the forseeable future until proven otherwise.

Inappropriate comment? Alert us.
Reply to this comment | Post a new comment

Posted by 2smartjones7
October 14, 2009, 11:54PM
Is that some kind of a supportive white sleeve on his right leg? Not that it matters. The kid looks intense. Hope we do see him on offense!

Posted by 2smartjones7
October 15, 2009, 12:00AM
Is that some kind of a supportive white sleeve on his right leg? Not that it matters. The kid looks intense. Hope we do see him on offense!

Posted by wdefan
October 15, 2009, 12:28AM
I hear ya he looks like he can explode at any minute maybe they will give him a shot who knows they keep on saying he will.
WDE!!!!!!!!

Posted by autattooguy
October 15, 2009, 1:23AM
I'm just glad this guy is back with the team and back in the good graces of the coaches. He's small and quick and I believe he could help this team. Welcome back PPL! WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!

Posted by paratiger2
October 15, 2009, 6:51AM
Way to read between the lines waregl87. I've got some legal documents i'd like you to look over if you don't mind.

Good work PPL. Its good to know that you truly want to be a tiger.

War eagle!

Posted by flashcam
October 15, 2009, 7:13AM
He should be back on kickoffs with OMac.

Posted by auguy85
October 15, 2009, 7:29AM
I met him very briefly when he arrived last fall. Seemed like a really good kid. A year away rehabbing sort of put him in a funk. I am glad he didn't give up and is battling his way back to a role to help the team. I wish him all the best. He is another one that can break the big play. His speed was exceptional before the knee blewout. I would love for him to get a couple of touches to see what he can do.

Posted by xAUdiver91
October 15, 2009, 9:17AM
I met his Mother at the A-Day game in April. She is a very nice lady and very happy he's at Auburn. She said even after last years injury and disappointments that Phillip loves Auburn. I'm glad that he committed himself to do the things off the field to get back on it! From last years assessment of him, he seems to be as explosive as McCalebb. That would be great!
See y'all Saturday!
War Eagle!

Posted by alphatiger93
October 15, 2009, 9:22AM
Why was PPL in the doghouse in the first place?

Posted by alexaub
October 15, 2009, 10:28AM
thats a good question. i also wonder why isom and freeman were in the doghouse. but i am glad chiz does take the discipline serious it seems.

Post a comment (You may use HTML tags for style)  Sign in to comment, or comment anonymously. 

You must accept the terms of service before you can post a comment.

You must sign in to post a comment.

Sign in to al.com
Username
 Password
 Don't have an account?

Register Now!
We've upgraded our community features on al.com

Learn more! » Sponsored By:

Inside
The Auburn Beat »

Browse by category
Baseball
Basketball
Football
Gymnastics
Press Conferences
Recruiting
SEC
SEC Media Days
Swimming

RSS Feed

Browse by month
 Select a date October 2009 September 2009 August 2009 July 2009 June 2009 May 2009 April 2009 March 2009 February 2009 January 2009 December 2008 November 2008 October 2008 September 2008 August 2008 July 2008 June 2008 May 2008 April 2008 March 2008 Browse all archives

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions