Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Sonic Boom goes bust...

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Re: Sonic Boom goes bust...
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2009, 01:51:46 PM »

KISS Unplugged should be mandatory listening.

ok...now you have piqued my interest...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2009, 02:25:07 PM »

KISS MTV unplugged was just damn good.  That is all.  I like KISS, not as crazy as Koas and Ranger are about them, but that album is damn good IMO.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2009, 02:25:59 PM »

Torrent.  Or I can send you a burned copy.  I am, after all, a soldier in the army. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2009, 02:26:04 PM »
KISS Unplugged should be mandatory listening.

I looked and couldn't find. But while I was looking, I did sample several songs from most of the albums using my Rhapsody account, and like I figured...they all pretty much sounded the exact same...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2009, 02:29:12 PM »
I looked and couldn't find. But while I was looking, I did sample several songs from most of the albums using my Rhapsody account, and like I figured...they all pretty much sounded the exact same...

Depends on the song you choose to sample. 

I think you can say that about pretty much every band, again.  My ten year old could hear four chords and identify Ozzy or Eagles or AC/DC or Van Halen or GnR. 

Don't all bands -- with the possible exception of Beatles -- have the same basic "sound" that's easily identifiable?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2009, 02:57:55 PM »
Kiss Unplugged is a great album. Give Creatures of the Night a try, Saint and Sinner is the tits, if you cant feel the heat move closer to the stage.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

jadennis

« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2009, 03:13:28 PM »
Depends on the song you choose to sample. 

I think you can say that about pretty much every band, again.  My ten year old could hear four chords and identify Ozzy or Eagles or AC/DC or Van Halen or GnR. 

Don't all bands -- with the possible exception of Beatles -- have the same basic "sound" that's easily identifiable?

Kinda.  I think any band would like to know their sound or style is recognizable.  It's a good thing to say "that song sounds like that band".  But maybe not so good to say "that song sounds like.....that song". 

Meaning, you can typically pick out a U2 song pretty quick.  But you don't usually get the different U2 songs confused.  Even though they sound like U2, they don't all sound the same. 

I'll check out the unplugged album you speak of though, I haven't really given them a chance in recent decades.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2009, 03:30:54 PM »
Kinda.  I think any band would like to know their sound or style is recognizable.  It's a good thing to say "that song sounds like that band".  But maybe not so good to say "that song sounds like.....that song". 

Meaning, you can typically pick out a U2 song pretty quick.  But you don't usually get the different U2 songs confused.  Even though they sound like U2, they don't all sound the same. 

^^THIS^^

What is the name of the unplugged album?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2009, 04:47:28 PM »

I'll check out the unplugged album you speak of though, I haven't really given them a chance in recent decades.

So you say.  All U2 songs sound exactly the same to me.  I can't tell one from the other, mainly because U2 SUCKS. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2009, 07:11:09 PM »
So you say.  All U2 songs sound exactly the same to me.  I can't tell one from the other, mainly because U2 SUCKS. 
Agree.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2009, 09:22:18 PM »
Bust may be premature.  Or not. 

Insider info says that WalMart seriously dropped the ball.  The chain failed to provide the promotion it guaranteed KISS in the opening week.  My noted issues with finding the CD on the release date as well as the complete and utter lack of any pretense at promoting the material -- no KISS Korners as agreed, no blankets, no peripherals nothing -- were a significant contributing factor to the odd debut numbers.

Numerous WalMart stores on the East Coast, including Boston and New York failed to even stock the CD as planned. Customers who went on the 6th expecting to be able to purchase it were told it "might" be on the truck and they should come back later in the week.

KISS says the problems with WalMart are solved.  I will go tomorrow.  If there's no KISS Korner and I can't get my swag?  I'm going to be pissed.

Thanks WalMart you fucking fucks for helping deny KISS the one thing the band doesn't have on its resume.  A number one debut.  Fucking Arkansas WalMart fucks. 

I hate that damn place.  Further reason why I'll be taking all my discount shopping business to Target from now on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2009, 09:35:27 PM »
Bust may be premature.  Or not. 

Insider info says that WalMart seriously dropped the ball.  The chain failed to provide the promotion it guaranteed KISS in the opening week.  My noted issues with finding the CD on the release date as well as the complete and utter lack of any pretense at promoting the material -- no KISS Korners as agreed, no blankets, no peripherals nothing -- were a significant contributing factor to the odd debut numbers.

Numerous WalMart stores on the East Coast, including Boston and New York failed to even stock the CD as planned. Customers who went on the 6th expecting to be able to purchase it were told it "might" be on the truck and they should come back later in the week.

KISS says the problems with WalMart are solved.  I will go tomorrow.  If there's no KISS Korner and I can't get my swag?  I'm going to be pissed.

Thanks WalMart you fucking fucks for helping deny KISS the one thing the band doesn't have on its resume.  A number one debut.  Fucking Arkansas WalMart fucks. 

I hate that damn place.  Further reason why I'll be taking all my discount shopping business to Target from now on.

You are a fucking dork...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

BZ770

• BZ770 Is The Most Interesting Person On The X
« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2009, 11:20:26 PM »
REM is another band with it's unique sound.  As far as Walmart f'g KISS, Who The Fuck Cares.  If I was going to buy this album, I'd be pissed that I'd have to even go into walmart with all the fucktards, Bammers, and FAT People that ride around on the electric shopping carts to even buy this album.  I like to Think that Gene simmons is a brilliant money maker.  He should have gotten with Best Buy, Target or even sold the album online only from a website than go to Walmart. I'd like to think that since I graduated from Auburn, that let me get a great job with a modest income I can afford to shop at winn Dixie or Super Target instead of having to even go to that Shithole, even if it is for a Kiss album.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2009, 11:35:15 PM »
You are a phuking dork...

Negative Ghost Rider. 

I knew WalMart fucked the goat around here.  Three different stores I had to go to in order to get the CD.  That's not promotion.  That's suck.

Heard today that the problems I ran into were not isolated. 

WalMart sucks.  It was an error in judgement for KISS to make the deal.  They expected the same kind of support WalMart gave AC/DC and got the kind of push they gave Springsteen instead.  Zero. 

I'd sue.  Won't go to the Mart for anything else. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2009, 09:21:24 AM »
KISS got housed by Michael Buble.... a lounge singing swooner.   

:haha:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2009, 09:24:17 AM »
KISS got housed by Michael Buble.... a lounge singing swooner.   

And KISS will continue to sell out concerts and make more $$ than Michael Buble will see in his lifetime.

Meanwhile, you will continue to be a self-absorbed tool eaten up with an inferiority complex and the personality of an assbag. 

Congratulations. You win.   :rofl:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2009, 09:27:03 AM »
What happened to just downloading it?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2009, 09:29:29 AM »
And KISS will continue to sell out concerts and make more $$ than Michael Buble will see in his lifetime.

Meanwhile, you will continue to be a self-absorbed tool eaten up with an inferiority complex and the personality of an assbag. 

Congratulations. You win.   :rofl:

Michael Buble is feelin' good...  it's on his album.  You should check it out.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions