Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

AU vs. ARkansas Game On...

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: AU vs. ARkansas Game On...
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2009, 11:30:40 AM »
Can't find it. It's off everywhere I have looked.

yea, I haven't been able to find it either.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2009, 11:36:56 AM »
yea, I haven't been able to find it either.
If it's not triple digits, take the over.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

jadennis

« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2009, 12:22:55 PM »
Green probably is the better out of the two, but he is also used much differently than Julio is used in our offense...

They use him to catch the ball and score TDs?  That is a different approach.   :blink:

I think the key to this game is our defensive line.  If the line doesn't get pressure and cause some havoc in the backfield, we're in trouble.  Any secondary in in trouble if a good QB has time to look around the field.  At the same time, even good QBs struggle if they don't have time.  We HAVE to get pressure, or it will just be a battle of who has the ball last to score the 19th TD of the game.

If we get pressure, we win.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2009, 01:03:02 PM »
What is the over/under?

Totals usually don't come out until Thursday.  Auburn is now a 2 1/2 point favorite.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2009, 12:38:19 PM »
I agree with a lot of this. Everyone is talking about both team's offense, but this is the SEC and defense wins.
Both teams have so-so defenses, but they are both improving game by game.
We have to slow down yall's run game and make Todd beat us. Our defense has played pretty good against the run, but we usually let 2-4 big plays happen. Our weakness is our secondary.
Yall are gonna have to get pressure on Mallett. Our pass game has been our strength so far this season. Yall's secondary is suspect, too.
I think it will be an exciting game. A big play could happen at any time from either team.

http://arkansas.scout.com/a.z?s=10&p=2&c=906656
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2009, 01:45:45 PM »
I agree with a lot of this. Everyone is talking about both team's offense, but this is the SEC and defense wins.
Both teams have so-so defenses, but they are both improving game by game.
We have to slow down yall's run game and make Todd beat us. Our defense has played pretty good against the run, but we usually let 2-4 big plays happen. Our weakness is our secondary.
Yall are gonna have to get pressure on Mallett. Our pass game has been our strength so far this season. Yall's secondary is suspect, too.
I think it will be an exciting game. A big play could happen at any time from either team.

http://arkansas.scout.com/a.z?s=10&p=2&c=906656
Auburn has a so-so defense. Arkansas has no defense. Your defense is ranked last in the SEC. How is that "improving game by game"? You are correct that Arky's run defense is so-so, and that the secondary is the worst in the SEC, but the defense as a whole is not improving each game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2009, 01:50:00 PM »
Blast from the past. 2005.
Was it one of yall?

http://woopig.net/board/index.php?topic=35131.0

Damn that thread is funny as hell!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

boartitz

« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2009, 01:51:18 PM »
Auburn has a so-so defense. Arkansas has no defense. Your defense is ranked last in the SEC. How is that "improving game by game"? You are correct that Arky's run defense is so-so, and that the secondary is the worst in the SEC, but the defense as a whole is not improving each game.
You know what? Just fuck you, you dumb cocksucker.
You speak out of your ass and I ain't wasting my time to do real research to rebut you. You ain't worth it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2009, 01:54:00 PM »
You speak out of your ass and I ain't wasting my time to do real research to rebut you. You ain't worth it.
This is our curse. Sharing a state, and thus conversations, with bammers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2009, 01:55:52 PM »
Blast from the past. 2005.
Was it one of yall?

http://woopig.net/board/index.php?topic=35131.0

"That aMm will buff out"   :rofl:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

RWS

« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2009, 01:59:53 PM »
No, that wasn't speaking out of my ass. Arkansas really does have the worst defense in the SEC. They really aren't getting better every game. Research that aaaaaall you want. Take as long as you want. There is no rebuttal to that. It is a fact. Maybe you should stop saying stupid shit, and you wouldn't have to worry about somebody shooting you down.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

boartitz

« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2009, 02:01:59 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2009, 02:26:10 PM »
No, that wasn't speaking out of my ass. Arkansas really does have the worst defense in the SEC. They really aren't getting better every game. Research that aaaaaall you want. Take as long as you want. There is no rebuttal to that. It is a fact. Maybe you should stop saying stupid shit, and you wouldn't have to worry about somebody shooting you down.
I like to go to an opponents board and have a semi intelligent discussion with folks. With a little ribbing thrown in.
If you want to cut me deep, research and show me some stats that I cannot refute. You have no facts. Or haven't divulged them for some reason or the other.
I'm AARP eligible and have been around the innerwebs for a while. I've seen a lot of dickweeds and I'd put you in the also receiving votes category.
You're just an ignorant fucker that thinks that the louder you speak, the righter you are.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2009, 02:27:51 PM »
Yeah, I started dranking early today. I don't give a fuck. That's the way I feel and think about the matter.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2009, 02:30:27 PM »
If you want to cut me deep, research and show me some stats that I cannot refute. You have no facts.
I guess I assumed you could use Google, I don't know.

http://www.secsports.com/sport_stats/football/confldrs.htm

Rushing Defense
7. Arkansas  4 148 484 3.3 4 121.0 = so-so rush defense
+
Passing Defense
12. Arkansas  4 78 130 3 60.0 1134 8.7 10 283.5 = no pass defense
=
Total Defense
12. Arkansas  4 484 1134 278 1618 5.8 14 404.5 = no defense

On a national level, there are only 23 other teams in Div I ball with worse defenses than Arkansas. Does that help you out some?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 02:32:38 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2009, 02:36:46 PM »
I guess I assumed you could use Google, I don't know.

http://www.secsports.com/sport_stats/football/confldrs.htm

Rushing Defense
7. Arkansas  4 148 484 3.3 4 121.0 = so-so rush defense
+
Passing Defense
12. Arkansas  4 78 130 3 60.0 1134 8.7 10 283.5 = no pass defense
=
Total Defense
12. Arkansas  4 484 1134 278 1618 5.8 14 404.5 = no defense

On a national level, there are only 23 other teams in Div I ball with worse defenses than Arkansas. Does that help you out some?
# 7 rush, 12 pass? 12 total? You don't know teh googles very well.
We are worse than that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2009, 02:43:07 PM »
# 7 rush, 12 pass? 12 total? You don't know teh googles very well.
We are worse than that.
Thats just in the SEC, since thats the context we were originally discussing. I thought by clicking, or looking at the link, that would be obvious. Arkansas defense is ranked as 97th in all of Div I ball.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2009, 02:58:50 PM »
Thats just in the SEC, since thats the context we were originally discussing. I thought by clicking, or looking at the link, that would be obvious. Arkansas defense is ranked as 97th in all of Div I ball.
Save a lot of breath. Just say that we suck and be done with it.
Let me guess. You weren't around till last year when yall finally won a game against Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #58 on: October 07, 2009, 03:05:17 PM »
Shouldn't you be on Nafoom this week? You know, the board of your opponent this week.
I'm sure they would enjoy your insight.
Give us a link to your wisdom there. Please. Pretty please.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Argo

« Reply #59 on: October 07, 2009, 03:09:07 PM »
Personally, I'm appalled by this thread.  

5 pages, and we're still on topic?  
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 03:09:39 PM by Argo »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions