Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

AU vs. ARkansas Game On...

boartitz

Re: AU vs. ARkansas Game On...
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2009, 07:26:41 PM »
We are arguably(sp) the best 2-2 team in the country.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2009, 08:34:12 PM »
OK, I'll pick'em. Ar 40+, Auburn 30 +.
I'll do us +10 on the Crown this week.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2009, 08:52:07 PM »
We are arguably(sp) the best 2-2 team in the country.
Are you as serious about this as you were about Arkansas beating Alabama? Albeit a close win, AU just won against what was the #8 defense in the nation. Granted, UT's offense (or lack thereof) kept the UT defense on the field most of the night, AU still beat them. You think Arkansas' defense is going to stop AU??
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 08:53:40 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

boartitz

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2009, 11:24:34 PM »
Are you as serious about this as you were about Arkansas beating Alabama? Albeit a close win, AU just won against what was the #8 defense in the nation. Granted, UT's offense (or lack thereof) kept the UT defense on the field most of the night, AU still beat them. You think Arkansas' defense is going to stop AU??
Did I say this?
I say that we were thrown in the fire right off the bat, playing GA and Bama in our second and third games. We got beat, sure, but we learned what our weak points were against some damn good teams.
If we would have played the same teams as Bama or Auburn to open our season, I feel like our record would reflect that. We played two of our toughest games right off the bat with a young team. We took our lumps , but I think we'll be better for it in the long run.
Before the game, yeah, I thought we would beat Bama. Before any game, I think we win. It doesn't matter what I think. That's why we play the games. Arkansas is good enough to beat any team on a given day. We are not consistent enough to do it every day right now.
Us and Auburn are on the way up. Bama and LSU are gonna have to scoot on back the next few years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2009, 05:20:16 AM »
Talley just ran past my window.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

RWS

« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2009, 08:27:12 AM »
Did I say this?
I say that we were thrown in the fire right off the bat, playing GA and Bama in our second and third games. We got beat, sure, but we learned what our weak points were against some damn good teams.
If we would have played the same teams as Bama or Auburn to open our season, I feel like our record would reflect that. We played two of our toughest games right off the bat with a young team. We took our lumps , but I think we'll be better for it in the long run.
Before the game, yeah, I thought we would beat Bama. Before any game, I think we win. It doesn't matter what I think. That's why we play the games. Arkansas is good enough to beat any team on a given day. We are not consistent enough to do it every day right now.
Us and Auburn are on the way up. Bama and LSU are gonna have to scoot on back the next few years.
Wow.....and you fuckers call us delusional.

Don't bitch to an Alabama or Auburn fan about a young team. On the UA OL you have one sophomore and one redshirt freshman, three sophomore WR, a sophomore and true freshman taking most snaps at RB. On defense we have alot of JR and SR with what was a starting sophomore LB before injury, and another sophomore takes his place. Most of the second team on the defense is comprised of sophomore or true freshmen. And the scary thing? There isn't that huge of a dropoff between first and second team.

AU is playing more upperclassmen than AU, but you have guys like Onterrio McCaleb and Daren Bates who are making names for themselves as true freshmen, and then AU is very thin depth-wise. And they are putting up huge numbers on offense with Chris freaking Todd, AND winning games. I have no issues with what you said other than Arkansas can beat any team on any given day, and that they are in the same boat as Auburn. Arkansas is sitting right where they were sitting after week 5 last year......at 2-2. I can give you credit for losing to Alabama, but UGA? Really?

Arkansas is a few years out from anything. IF you guys are able to recruit some studs. I just really think Petrino is going to be the next Spurrier.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 08:30:18 AM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2009, 08:46:34 AM »
This game has scared teh hell out of me since August.  Watching the defense make Crompton look like Peyton Manning in the second half hasn't changed my mind a bit.  I just hope that Auburn can score enough to keep up with the hogs.

Note to Ted Roof:  Playing a soft zone won't work this weekend.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2009, 10:07:16 AM »
I say that we were thrown in the fire right off the bat, playing GA and Bama in our second and third games.

You forgot to mention AJ Green is a far better WR than Julio Jones.  Jones had only 2 catches against us, the worst secondary in the SEC (113th nationally), and one of those two catches had to come on a trick gimmick play.  AJ Green was FAR harder to defend and is head and shoulders above Julio in talent.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 10:08:24 AM by GenNormanSwinekopf »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2009, 10:10:28 AM »
You forgot to mention AJ Green is a far better WR than Julio Jones.  Jones had only 2 catches against us, the worst secondary in the SEC (113th nationally), and one of those two catches had to come on a trick gimmick play.  AJ Green was FAR harder to defend and is head and shoulders above Julio in talent.

Well yeah but Julio is a better fisherman.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

RWS

« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2009, 11:45:05 AM »
Green probably is the better out of the two, but he is also used much differently than Julio is used in our offense this season compared to last season. JPW's problem was he wouldn't check down and would just dump it in the general area of Julio. Our other receivers couldn't really make themselves a threat last season, for whatever reason. Even then our coaches said we have to make teams pay for that. Also, I think there is some injury stuff going on with Julio right now as well. I think his ankle or knee is still nagging a little, but I have no real proof of that.

Now, this season, we have a QB that is able to make teams pay for cutting off Julio. I'm not trying to say that we are intentionally taking Julio out of the game plan, but then again, we haven't really seen the ball thrown his way much. Maybe he is losing some of his shine, or teams are covering him better. I do know that obviously our other receivers are able to make plays and get open, which is something we struggled with last year. We have more weapons this season. As for UGA? Green is all they got. They absolutely HAVE to throw the ball his way. If he doesn't touch the ball 7-9 times a game, they will probably lose. No running game. No QB. No receivers. Nothing. Only AJ Green.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2009, 01:54:46 PM »
This game has scared teh hell out of me since August.  Watching the defense make Crompton look like Peyton Manning in the second half hasn't changed my mind a bit.  I just hope that Auburn can score enough to keep up with the hogs.

Note to Ted Roof:  Playing a soft zone won't work this weekend.
The game scares the shit out of me, Arkansas always beats us.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

boartitz

« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2009, 02:31:12 PM »
Its started on the pig. Game week thread.

http://woopig.net/board/index.php?topic=67981.msg685175#new
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2009, 11:36:26 PM »
Forgive me Saniflush...I had forgotten all about this place.

I will be coming into town to catch the game this weekend.

I'm excited.  That being said.  Auburn scares me.....a lot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2009, 11:42:39 PM »

I will be coming into town to catch the game this weekend.

I'm excited.  That being said.  Auburn scares me.....a lot.

Welcome, oh ye of the 4 post count.  Get your ass on here game week and post away.  The more the merrier.  Oh and Boartitz actually thinks the Hawgs will win.  Please straighten this man out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2009, 12:11:59 AM »
Green probably is the better out of the two, but he is also used much differently than Julio is used in our offense this season compared to last season. JPW's problem was he wouldn't check down and would just dump it in the general area of Julio. Our other receivers couldn't really make themselves a threat last season, for whatever reason. Even then our coaches said we have to make teams pay for that. Also, I think there is some injury stuff going on with Julio right now as well. I think his ankle or knee is still nagging a little, but I have no real proof of that.

Now, this season, we have a QB that is able to make teams pay for cutting off Julio. I'm not trying to say that we are intentionally taking Julio out of the game plan, but then again, we haven't really seen the ball thrown his way much. Maybe he is losing some of his shine, or teams are covering him better. I do know that obviously our other receivers are able to make plays and get open, which is something we struggled with last year. We have more weapons this season. As for UGA? Green is all they got. They absolutely HAVE to throw the ball his way. If he doesn't touch the ball 7-9 times a game, they will probably lose. No running game. No QB. No receivers. Nothing. Only AJ Green.

Oh dear bleeding Jesus....

I just threw up.  In the floor. 

Dude, please...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2009, 07:43:49 AM »

Bout time you show your face.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2009, 10:50:34 AM »
Welcome, oh ye of the 4 post count.  Get your ass on here game week and post away.  The more the merrier.  Oh and Boartitz actually thinks the Hawgs will win.  Please straighten this man out.

I'm with titz.

We win.

42-38.

I think.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2009, 10:56:25 AM »
I'm with titz.

We win.

42-38.

I think.

What is the over/under?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2009, 11:20:42 AM »
What is the over/under?

What's our vector, Victor?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

boartitz

« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2009, 11:24:26 AM »
What is the over/under?
Can't find it. It's off everywhere I have looked.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions