Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Nice article on Malzahn on SI.com and Auburn makes the 16 team playoff

jadennis

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/stewart_mandel/10/01/malzahn/index.html?eref=T1

They also have a 16 team playoff bracket that they put together every week based on the votes of 14 college football writers, editors, and producers at SI.

Auburn made the 16 team field in their first edition.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/ncaa/09/27/college.football.poll/index.html
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Nice article on Malzahn on SI.com and Auburn makes the 16 team playoff
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 03:29:58 PM »
Some things just slip by me from time to time...
I hadn't really paid attention to the team's records with Malz as the OC.  He hasn't won less than 10 games in any of the 3 years as an OC.  Hopefully he continues that trend.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

jadennis

Re: Nice article on Malzahn on SI.com and Auburn makes the 16 team playoff
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 04:48:02 PM »
Some things just slip by me from time to time...
I hadn't really paid attention to the team's records with Malz as the OC.  He hasn't won less than 10 games in any of the 3 years as an OC.  Hopefully he continues that trend.

And even Kiffin complemented the fact that he has had such success at three different programs in such short periods of time.  Not to mention, the three programs he's been to couldn't have been more different from a personnel stand point. 

And talk about playing to your strengths, look at the national ranking at Tulsa in rushing yards from one year to the next.  The first year, they simply weren't very good at running it (#41 nationally), so they didn't as much.  The second year they were (#5 nationally), so they did, which is what he prefers. 

And yeah, Houston Nutt's only ten win season at Arkansas...2006 with Malzahn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor