Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Auburn students vs. Alabama...

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Auburn students vs. Alabama...
« on: September 26, 2009, 08:40:58 AM »
Auburn students stand for an hour in a biblical flood waiting for the Tigers to play even when the Tigers are not predicted to not expected to be strong.

Alabama students can't be bothered to come to games when their houndstoothed rabble is thought by some to be one of the better teams in the country.

http://deas.blogs.tidesports.com/10271/my-annual-rant/

And then they bitch at each other about it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Auburn students vs. Alabama...
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 08:50:26 AM »
Kids these days
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Birmingham

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2009, 09:38:01 AM »
Things to take into consideration here:
1.  Day game vs Night game
2.  North Texas vs WV
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2009, 09:52:18 AM »
2.  North Texas vs WV

I think this is a crock.  What else is there to do at 11:21 on Saturday morning?  The students at Arkansas don't make a good showing for that time slot, either (i.e. not just calling out Bama students).

Kids with their iPods and cell phones and eBays...pussies.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2009, 10:35:12 AM »
I think this is a crock.  What else is there to do at 11:21 on Saturday morning?  The students at Arkansas don't make a good showing for that time slot, either (i.e. not just calling out Bama students).

Kids with their iPods and cell phones and eBays...pussies.

I don't know what they have on their schedule at 11:00 in the morning.  I just know that I'm more excited and pumped about night games than games that kick off before 12:00.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2009, 10:45:35 AM »
I don't know what they have on their schedule at 11:00 in the morning.  I just know that I'm more excited and pumped about night games than games that kick off before 12:00.

No doubt about the early kickoffs.  Last year we had Florida at home at 11:30am.  The student sections were ~60% full.  Student tickets are $1.  I can't imagine NOT attending a football game on campus as a college student no matter what time of day it's played.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2009, 11:46:10 AM »
2.  North Texas vs WV

Thing to take into consideration.  The trollish bitch who wrote that article wasn't talking about a single game.  Notice the title of his article:  "My yearly rant" 

What do you think that means?  It's a recurring problem.  One he notes every year.  Trust me, this guy is the dumbest sports writer in the state.  He's barely above a one-eyed dyslexic goat. Yet he notices the apathetic support of the people who actually go to the school as opposed to the Wal-Mart jersey-wearing, trucker-hat-sporting, save-up-to-go-to-a-game-a-year-education-fund-be-damned-thereby-guaranteeing-a-perpetual-cycle-of-stupid-kids dumbasses who do clog the stands on game day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2009, 12:00:49 PM »
Thing to take into consideration.  The trollish bitch who wrote that article wasn't talking about a single game.  Notice the title of his article:  "My yearly rant" 

What do you think that means?  It's a recurring problem.  One he notes every year.  Trust me, this guy is the dumbest sports writer in the state.  He's barely above a one-eyed dyslexic goat. Yet he notices the apathetic support of the people who actually go to the school as opposed to the Wal-Mart jersey-wearing, trucker-hat-sporting, save-up-to-go-to-a-game-a-year-education-fund-be-damned-thereby-guaranteeing-a-perpetual-cycle-of-stupid-kids dumbasses who do clog the stands on game day.

I wasn't responding to the article he wront, I was responding to the thread you started.  In that thread you clearly depicted a very specific event... "Auburn students stand for an hour in a biblical flood waiting for the Tigers to play" and "Alabama students can't be bothered to come to games when their houndstoothed rabble is thought by some to be one of the better teams in the country." 

If I wanted to respond to the writer of the article I would have done so below his article instead of on the thread you started.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2009, 12:31:28 PM »
I wasn't responding to the article he wront, I was responding to the thread you started.  In that thread you clearly depicted a very specific event... "Auburn students stand for an hour in a biblical flood waiting for the Tigers to play" and "Alabama students can't be bothered to come to games when their houndstoothed rabble is thought by some to be one of the better teams in the country." 

If I wanted to respond to the writer of the article I would have done so below his article instead of on the thread you started.

I'm sorry you have trouble with more complex levels of thought and don't have the ability to understand things like trends.  Big picture eludes you. 

Yes, I referred to a specific event, but the focus of the thread was the overall failure of Bama students to support their program -- as evidenced by the annual nature of the article. 

Last week was just one (of many) examples. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2009, 10:18:36 AM »
 I  heard a caller on Opening Drive talk about "the difference in Auburn & Alabama fans, talking down his nose. In was in the context of the Trooper Taylor bashing week.

He was saying we're all a bunch of wild apes and bammer has too much class & tradition to show emotion at a game...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions