Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Limo Tour for Recruiting? Rick Neuheisel: "So What?...Check THIS Out"

Aubie16

Last Friday night, Neuheisel wanted to attend four inner-city high school football games while burnishing his growing street cred.

So he traveled there by whirlybird, buzzing low above fields filled with wide-eyed kids before games at Compton, Crenshaw, Long Beach Poly and Carson.

How did they know it was him?

"I told the players that watching their games was so important to me, I would be there even if meant taking a helicopter," he said.

Wouldn't it have helped if "UCLA" was printed on the side of the copter?

"That's next," he said.

Eventually he landed at the Compton Airport to climb in a car that would take him to several sidelines, but his driver didn't show up on time, so he began walking down Alondra Boulevard toward Compton High.

Yeah, you guessed it, a father wearing a Compton jersey spotted him, pulled over, and drove him to the game.

From helicopter to home run.

"What a tremendous night," Neuheisel said. "There is nothing like Friday night football in this city."

Read the rest here: http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-plaschke25-2009sep25,0,2929674,full.column
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 12:25:02 PM by Aubie16 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: Limo Tour for Recruiting? Rick Neuheisel: "So What?...Check THIS Out"
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 04:59:48 PM »
dang copy cat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 06:49:09 PM »
Good idea to go out and see these kids, but iffy execution just as the Tiger Prowl was.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2009, 08:30:58 PM »
Why the fuck was Tiger Prowl "Iffy".  Don't think so because it's starting to pay dividends.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2009, 08:44:02 PM »
Good idea to go out and see these kids, but iffy execution just as the Tiger Prowl was.

Is that because lil' napolean didnt think of it first? iffy execution? please tell us how it would of been executed better. If I remember, it was well covered not only from state media but also ESPN. Maybe by iffy execution you mean it should of been on CNN?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2009, 09:06:42 PM »
Is that because lil' napolean didnt think of it first? iffy execution? please tell us how it would of been executed better. If I remember, it was well covered not only from state media but also ESPN. Maybe by iffy execution you mean it should of been on CNN?
If Alabama had to resort to something like that, I would be embarassed as fuck. Feel free to hold me to that, too. For example, I think the Big Cat Weekend was an excellent idea. You can't argue with getting a shitload of blue-chippers and others all on campus at once. There is no negative to that. But the whole pie/watermelong eating contest, and stuff like that was pretty cheesy. As far as Tiger Prowl, you can't argue that going to see these recruits is negative. But riding around in a limo like a high school kid going to prom? Really? If Alabama had to resort so tactics so drastic, and felt the need to show their wounds that bad, I would be pretty damn worried as a fan. But if you really think I'm just upset because Saban didn't think of it first, then you need to pick up a new AU partyline.

I don't care if our staff is doing the newest, latest thing. I don't care if they're doing something like video conferencing. I don't care if they thought of something first or not. What I care about is winning games on the field. Obviously, Alabama can keep reloading on insane amounts of talent without limousines, birthday parties, etc. I'm good with that. If AU has to do that to get a few good ones, then do your thing. You're going to get yours, and we're going to get ours, bottom line. I think some of you guys get so hung up on such small things that the staff at AU does and you worry so much about if you can claim that your guys are the first to do something, etc, that you blame others of that as well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

djsimp

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2009, 09:38:36 PM »
Well just to clear up two things. One is the coaches didnt travel in a limo for the publicity. The idea was to all travel together. Besides a bus, what else would someone expect 8 coaches, some weighing 300+, to travel in? The limo idea came from Luper I do believe. Initially Chizik didnt like the idea, but agreed for them to ride all together in style. The publicity was the bonus. Two, there were a lot of AUburn fans that didnt like the idea at all, I was actually one of them. I backed off once I saw the positive exposure it was getting, especially after the last two years of dull recruiting years. We will all see more coaches doing these things now that they have seen the positive influences it has for their recruiting.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Argo

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2009, 10:24:18 PM »
If Alabama had to resort to something like that, I would be embarassed as phuk. Feel free to hold me to that, too. For example, I think the Big Cat Weekend was an excellent idea. You can't argue with getting a poopload of blue-chippers and others all on campus at once. There is no negative to that. But the whole pie/watermelong eating contest, and stuff like that was pretty cheesy. As far as Tiger Prowl, you can't argue that going to see these recruits is negative. But riding around in a limo like a high school kid going to prom? Really? If Alabama had to resort so tactics so drastic, and felt the need to show their wounds that bad, I would be pretty damn worried as a fan. But if you really think I'm just upset because Saban didn't think of it first, then you need to pick up a new AU partyline.

I don't care if our staff is doing the newest, latest thing. I don't care if they're doing something like video conferencing. I don't care if they thought of something first or not. What I care about is winning games on the field. Obviously, Alabama can keep reloading on insane amounts of talent without limousines, birthday parties, etc. I'm good with that. If AU has to do that to get a few good ones, then do your thing. You're going to get yours, and we're going to get ours, bottom line. I think some of you guys get so hung up on such small things that the staff at AU does and you worry so much about if you can claim that your guys are the first to do something, etc, that you blame others of that as well.

RWS.  Comrade.  Fellow Bama fan.  We've done this shit already.

http://www.tigersx.com/forum/index.php?topic=5452.0

For the love of common fucking decency, no more.   :suicide:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2009, 10:58:45 PM »
RWS.  Comrade.  Fellow Bama fan.  We've done this shit already.

http://www.tigersx.com/forum/index.php?topic=5452.0

For the love of common fucking decency, no more.   :suicide:

Thank you comrade...err, Argo. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

RWS

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2009, 12:43:17 AM »
Well just to clear up two things. One is the coaches didnt travel in a limo for the publicity.
Hi-fucking-larious.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2009, 01:01:50 AM »
Hi-fucking-larious.

I actually disagree with djsimp.  I think it was ALL about publicity....including the limo.  But again, why was it "iffy"?  It appears to be accomplishing exactly what they set out to do.  People are now copying it.  So why "Iffy"?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2009, 12:18:31 PM »
I actually disagree with djsimp.  I think it was ALL about publicity....including the limo.  But again, why was it "iffy"?  It appears to be accomplishing exactly what they set out to do.  People are now copying it.  So why "Iffy"?

I just think it was cheesey, and it shows you are hurting pretty bad. It reeks of desperation. Personally, it doesn't make a shit what I think of it. As long as you guys, as AU fans, are OK with it, then it really doesn't matter. My personal opinion is just that I wouldn't want Alabama doing something like that. I would have the same opinion towards any school that did something like that, obviously. Its not that I'm just an angry Alabama fan jealous of something AU is doing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions