Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

"I guess we'll wait until we don't play as well as we'd like and...

...then say we were all sick."

Does this asshole ever shut up? 

I predict Kiffin gone by the end of next season.  Nobody runs their mouth when they're 1-2.  What the hell has he accomplished so far? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
Re: "I guess we'll wait until we don't play as well as we'd like and...
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 10:00:07 AM »
...then say we were all sick."

Does this asshole ever shut up? 

I predict Kiffin gone by the end of next season.  Nobody runs their mouth when they're 1-2.  What the hell has he accomplished so far? 
That's what I don't get?  It's like talking shit after you get your ass beat in a fight? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 10:07:29 AM »
That's what I don't get?  It's like talking shit after you get your ass beat in a fight? 

Exactly.  And how do people usually think about those kinds of people?  Also, how many more times do they get their ass kicked again? 

Kiffin is a douchebag.  A 5th grade douchebag.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2009, 10:37:55 AM »
It seems that this guy has a big ego with a small set of nads. Its like hes taking roids but only its not going to his muscle fibers but instead the marshmallow texture that he calls a brain. Goof gosh I cant wait till Auburn plays the Vols and freakin destroys 'em.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2009, 10:54:12 AM »
I cant wait till Auburn plays the Vols and freakin destroys 'em.

Early, but I don't get that vibe. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

djsimp

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2009, 11:05:57 AM »
Early, but I don't get that vibe. 

Im not real sure what kind of vibe I have right now to be honest except for this years Auburn team has a lot more life to them instead of last years walking dead. Auburn without a doubt has enough work cut out for them. Not only their own issues but it is at Neyland and its hard to imagine the Vols loosing so many games right off the bat. I do believe this Auburn team can beat Tenn, but only if they can keep up their total team effort. One I want Auburn to win because I love Auburn, two I want Auburn to beat the Vols because Kiffin is an idiot. It will def. be a real interesting battle b/w Malzahn and Kiffin Sr.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ibelonginprison

• Bama... As cool as AIDS
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2009, 11:16:12 AM »
I think the guy is hilarious.  A tool, but hilarious. 

I have no doubt he'll run his mouth about Auburn, and I have no doubt it will piss me off, because he has no filter.  But I can respect that. LOL
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Bama fans make me want to punch babies...

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2009, 11:21:42 AM »
It will def. be a real interesting battle b/w Malzahn and Kiffin Sr.

That's my early thinking.  Florida has more tools at their disposal and a similar offensive attack.  UT shut them down. 

Although I expected our defense to struggle against WVU, I did not anticipate the extent of the struggle. We can't get people off the field. UT's offense has problems, but I worry that our defense can provide some healing. 

For those reasons, my instincts say UT will beat us. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

ibelonginprison

• Bama... As cool as AIDS
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2009, 11:27:26 AM »
I think UT will be a struggle, but I also think that this AU team is a bunch of scrappers.  They'll fight and claw it out.

Put them behind, and they'll put the money shot where it counts.

But I could be wrong.  One or two well placed dropped balls and that's that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Bama fans make me want to punch babies...

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2009, 11:33:21 AM »
The only thing I'm worried about is Eric Berry picking off a few of Todd's ducks. 

But what comforts me is the fact that all 11 of our defensive starters will have a chance to intercept Crompton's passes. 

It seems like our defense was in position much of the night against WVU but just couldn't handle the quickness of the smaller backs.  I think we can handle Hardesty and Brown's running style much better.  If I was Kiffin, I'd get Oku the ball a few times to see if he can make a move for a big play. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2009, 11:34:26 AM »
That's my early thinking.  Florida has more tools at their disposal and a similar offensive attack.  UT shut them down. 

Although I expected our defense to struggle against WVU, I did not anticipate the extent of the struggle. We can't get people off the field. UT's offense has problems, but I worry that our defense can provide some healing. 

I hate to admit this, but I totally agree with you.  Before the season, this was the one road game I could point to and see a win for Auburn.  After seeing the shitackular tackling of Noel Devine on Saturday night, I'm not so sure UT doesn't run us out of the stadium. 

Although, I really think Auburn's running backs are a world ahead of anything the Fighting Teebows have put on the field this year.

From what I have seen to date, this one could go either way...with the home field advantage playing a huge part most likely, as this will be Auburn's first road game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

jadennis

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2009, 11:54:28 AM »
That's my early thinking.  Florida has more tools at their disposal and a similar offensive attack.  UT shut them down.  

I'm about 50/50 right now.  Unfortunately they play Ohio and we play Ball State, so we aren't likely to learn anything new before game time.

I think that I think their defense is really good.  But then I look at UCLA.  Not sure what to make of them (they haven't exactly lit up their other two opponents....359 yards against both San Diego State and Kansas State), and they won at Tennessee.

Florida, while there was no blow out, was one fumble away from taking a 24 point lead at what would have been 30-6.  Florida played conservative, no question, and did run for 200+ yards (4.7 yards per carry).  And that average per carry is pretty true, meaning, they didn't have any 80 yard run that skews it.  In fact, they only had three runs over 15 yards, and none over 25 yards.  

That leads me to believe that we may be able to run on the Vols.  If we can, I think we win, because I'm not scared of an offensive shootout with them.  If we can run, we will score points, and if we score over 24 points, we win.  

The scary thing though, is if they can run on us the way they ran on Florida at times, we may be in trouble a bit too.  So, will they be able to?  They got into a rhythm a few times against Florida, but still finished with only 117 yards and 3.7 ypc.  Against UCLA they were worse, 115 yards and only 2.6 yards per carry.

As I'm writing this...I'm moving to 55/45 Auburn wins...because I simply think we will be able to run a little better than they will, and if it comes to passing, I actually think we have an advantage there too (assuming Todd doesn't throw 14 picks off his back foot to Eric Berry).
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 11:56:27 AM by jadennis »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2009, 12:05:56 PM »
I saw nothing about Tennessee to suggest they would run Auburn out of the stadium, much less beat them.  Auburn's offense will score points, plain and simple.  UT's offense has shown no ability whatsoever to light up the board.  They mustered what...15 against UCLA and 13 vs. Florida?  If Auburn can weather one bad defensive period, which is exactly what's happened the first three games, they'll be fine. Granted, the WVU 1st quarter was REALLY bad, but 31-9 after that ain't too shabby.

MSU took control of the 2nd quarter but did nothing before or after.  La. Tech had about a quarter of production before adjustments.  WVU, a far superior offensive team to either of those, put the blitzkreig on for one quarter, then the proper adjustments were made and it was a slugfest from there.  What exactly has 1-2 Tennessee shown that scares you?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2009, 12:15:03 PM »
A basic summary of all this is, in which I agree, we have to improve our tackling and get the Vol offense off the damn field. Im not so much worried as much about Todds back foot throwing as I was last week because Todd can still put the ball on the money when it counts but the lame duck passes are a concern. The Vols already have home field advantage. We cant be giving Tenn any help. Our teams has some fire in them for sure so if we can play w/o giving Tenn anymore advantages then I believe we will win. Kiffin will make a stupid mistake in this game that will loose the game for them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2009, 12:15:50 PM »
The only thing that scares me about UT is the Defense.  That wasn't their problem last year and it isn't the problem this year.  The problem with UT is Crompton, no offense to the kid, but he is awful.  If he is the best they have, then what is behind them must be miserable.  Their QB will cost them several games this year that they should/could win.  They have serious talent at RB, but I think we can stack the box and limit their running game.  I am not saying we stop it, but we can seriously hinder it.  That leaves it all on Crompton to beat us and I don't think he can.  Just my $.02, but I think this game will tell us how good this offense really is.  They can straight up play some D, I think we win, but I don't think we hang 40 on them and I would be really surprised if we get 30. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2009, 12:19:54 PM »
Speaking of UT running backs...isn't this Hardesty's 9th year?  For gawds sake man.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2009, 12:35:58 PM »
I saw nothing about Tennessee to suggest they would run Auburn out of the stadium, much less beat them.  Auburn's offense will score points, plain and simple.  UT's offense has shown no ability whatsoever to light up the board.  They mustered what...15 against UCLA and 13 vs. Florida?  If Auburn can weather one bad defensive period, which is exactly what's happened the first three games, they'll be fine. Granted, the WVU 1st quarter was REALLY bad, but 31-9 after that ain't too shabby.

MSU took control of the 2nd quarter but did nothing before or after.  La. Tech had about a quarter of production before adjustments.  WVU, a far superior offensive team to either of those, put the blitzkreig on for one quarter, then the proper adjustments were made and it was a slugfest from there.  What exactly has 1-2 Tennessee shown that scares you?
The three-headed monster of Hardesty, Brown and Oku.  WVU had diminutive little #7 as their running game...besides the QB scrambles anyway, and he ran at will when he actually got the carries.
Tennessee will run Hardesty between teh tackles, which I really do think Auburn slows down a good bit.  But then, the hit you with Brown on the corners and Oku to spell him if necessary.  I just think they get somewhere between 150 and 200 on the ground...thus controlling the clock too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2009, 12:36:15 PM »
The only thing that scares me about UT is the Defense.  That wasn't their problem last year and it isn't the problem this year.  The problem with UT is Crompton, no offense to the kid, but he is awful.  If he is the best they have, then what is behind them must be miserable.  Their QB will cost them several games this year that they should/could win.  They have serious talent at RB, but I think we can stack the box and limit their running game.  I am not saying we stop it, but we can seriously hinder it.  That leaves it all on Crompton to beat us and I don't think he can.  Just my $.02, but I think this game will tell us how good this offense really is.  They can straight up play some D, I think we win, but I don't think we hang 40 on them and I would be really surprised if we get 30. 
But he has such a handsome mustache!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2009, 12:54:07 PM »
But he has such a handsome mustache!

True, I forgot about that.......in that case they beat us by 21. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2009, 01:02:32 PM »
Curses, that stache is good.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions