Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Couple of things I took from tonights game.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Couple of things I took from tonights game.
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2009, 03:14:47 PM »
Not that it matters...but my impression of you just went up a notch Kaos...

Thanks. When I wrote that, I didn't know the numbers.  Now I do.  I think they're validation.

We gave up a 58 yard pass on the first series.  We gave up a 71 yard run on the second. 

After that?  Just four plays that covered 20 or more yards.   One of those was the last play of the game and utterly meaningless. 

It wasn't pretty.  We made some mistakes. 
Jarrett Brown just threw another interception. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2009, 03:39:26 PM »
The perception from the sidelines was vastly different than that from television.  Those guys are riduculously shifty.  They are decidedly quicker than Auburn was. 

What you saw on the first two drives in particular was aggression.  We came after them. We got burned badly. 

Roof made an adjustment.  The goal from that point forward was to keep everything in front of us.  Better to give up 10 yards and make them drive the field than give up monster plays.  We make them drive the field, we give them more opportunities to make mistakes. 

We stay in the game offensively -- which we did -- and they will begin to press. Which they did. 

We gave up the middle of the field to protect the corners. Because if those shifty fucks ever got to the corner, we were toast. 

I thought what we did was the very best you could hope for in that situation.  They definitely had more speed and even though we hemmoraghed yards, we managed to negate that by forcing mistakes. 

Where you on sidelines again last night?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2009, 03:50:28 PM »
Honk if you intercepted Jarrett Brown!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2009, 03:57:05 PM »
Where you on sidelines again last night?

Yep.  Photos already posted.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2009, 04:43:19 PM »
Devine is probably the fastest back we face this season.
Listen to this man.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2009, 04:45:58 PM »
Listen to this man.

If I understand correctly, it was hotter than the nutt sack of a Zwaimbezeku tribesman in Gainesville yesterday?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jadennis

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2009, 06:42:18 PM »
Great assessment Kaos, and right on, obviously.

Aside from speed, I don't think size can be underestimated as an advantage to them as well.  About a month ago or so I watched that USC/Oregon State game from last year.  Jacquizz Rodgers was unstoppable in that game.  He makes Devine look like Brandon Jacobs.  See, not only are they lightening-quick, they run extremely low to the ground and give very little "body" to target for true tackling.  You can't simply hit them high, because they have such balance.  And going for their legs is quite a task because they are so low.

And it's not just Devine, it's the main three guys that ever had the ball outside of Brown (who is like trying to tackle Vince Young (in college).  Not that he ran like VY, but he was every bit as elusive and slippery.

We spent a lot of time chasing them, but we also spent far too much time simply throwing ourselves at them trying to "hit" them.  Roof wants a defense that is aggressive, physical, and punishing.  I bet this week he emphasizes a few more tackling basics this week to go along with all the "hitting".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2009, 07:46:38 PM »
One more thing.....was it just me, or were the announcers fucking horrible last night?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2009, 07:58:20 PM »
They were. Kept calling Kodi "Chris Todd", had us down a point after we tied the game at 27 all, called McCaleb "Caleb", and insisted our offensive productivity is the result of the Franklin experiment from last year. Bob Davie is an idiot and Wendy Nix, hot as she is, is dumber than a sack of hammers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2009, 09:51:37 PM »
They were. Kept calling Kodi "Chris Todd", had us down a point after we tied the game at 27 all, called McCaleb "Caleb", and insisted our offensive productivity is the result of the Franklin experiment from last year. Bob Davie is an idiot and Wendy Nix, hot as she is, is dumber than a sack of hammers.

Or a bag of dicks. Whichever you prefer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2009, 10:12:44 PM »
One more thing.....was it just me, or were the announcers fucking horrible last night?
To say they were fucking horrible would be a compliment.  They were so far beyond horrible as to defy description.

I have always thought Bob Davie to be a moron of the lowest caliber.  The other guy, Mark something, made Davie look smart by comparison.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2009, 12:52:43 AM »
What I thought was the most annoying thing about the announcers, was that they wouldn't SHUT THE FUCK UP.  After going back and re-watching the game, I couldn't believe that the announcers just kept on fuckin' talking before the play, during the play, after the play.  Add all that shit onto them miss pronouncing our players names, just irritated the ever loving fuck outta me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs