Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Auburn #28....AP Poll...

Argo

Re: Auburn #28....AP Poll...
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2009, 12:49:37 AM »
Those fucking 'Dores could have posted that shit right.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2009, 01:55:17 AM »
I have no idea why that posted twice, but you get the point.
Great Video and movie!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2009, 09:04:47 AM »
I just want to point out that there are TEN teams in the Top 25 with a loss, and we have raped all of our opponents, beaten the spread in every case, obliterated it in most, and we're four spots out of the Top 25? We beat an SEC team (that has beaten another SEC team), and a Big East team who announcers last night kept saying were going to win their conference championship, no doubt.

Are you shitting me? I'm not looking to sit at #4 to be as overrated as bammer, but come the fuck on. Not even posing a threat to crack the poll?

I feel like the polls are some Hidden Camera show designed to piss me off and gauge my reaction...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2009, 09:47:24 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2009, 10:33:03 AM »
I just want to point out that there are TEN teams in the Top 25 with a loss, and we have raped all of our opponents, beaten the spread in every case, obliterated it in most, and we're four spots out of the Top 25? We beat an SEC team (that has beaten another SEC team), and a Big East team who announcers last night kept saying were going to win their conference championship, no doubt.

Are you poopting me? I'm not looking to sit at #4 to be as overrated as bammer, but come the phuk on. Not even posing a threat to crack the poll?

I feel like the polls are some Hidden Camera show designed to piss me off and gauge my reaction...

It's a pretty unique situation though on the teams with losses. 

Of the ten, 6 of them were in the top 10 when they lost, so, as expected, they aren't going to fall all the way out of the top 25. 

The other four teams with a loss, have relatively quality losses, having lost to either a solid ranked team, or on the road, or both. 

FSU lost a close one to #9 Miami.
Georgia lost on the road to #16 Oklahoma State (who lost to #17 Houston). 
Washington lost respectably to #7 LSU and beat #12 USC. 
Nebraska lost on the road in the last minute to #11 Virginia Tech.

As mentioned, everyone else lost while in the Top 10.

We're only three games in, it's going to take a little time to see exactly who is who.  I'll feel like we really deserve it if we're 6-1 going into Red Stick.  After watching the Tennessee defense and the Arkansas offense, we're going to have our hands full with both teams on the road.

Once we see what we've got after those games, then I'll feel like we're in position to start talking about rankings.  We don't want to get too excited after being 4-0 and then see we're 4-2 two weeks later.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2009, 10:50:32 AM »

Of the ten, 6 of them were in the top 10 when they lost, so, as expected, they aren't going to fall all the way out of the top 25. 

The other four teams with a loss, have relatively quality losses, having lost to either a solid ranked team, or on the road, or both. 

We're only three games in, it's going to take a little time to see exactly who is who.  I'll feel like we really deserve it if we're 6-1 going into Red Stick.  After watching the Tennessee defense and the Arkansas offense, we're going to have our hands full with both teams on the road.

Once we see what we've got after those games, then I'll feel like we're in position to start talking about rankings.  We don't want to get too excited after being 4-0 and then see we're 4-2 two weeks later.

If we're 6 and fucking 1, in the SEC, and still unranked, I will torture someone.

We are more deserving of a spot RIGHT NOW than at least 7 of those teams...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2009, 10:58:44 AM »

Damn you and your "logic" we should be ranked #1!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2009, 11:00:11 AM »
Which is my point.  WVU didn't pressure Todd. 

There is a difference between "didn't" and "unable to" 

That's all I'm saying. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2009, 11:04:30 AM »
If we're 6 and fucking 1, in the SEC, and still unranked, I will torture someone.

We are more deserving of a spot RIGHT NOW than at least 7 of those teams...
To elaborate...

If we're not getting enough respect to garner a number 25 spot right now...what makes you think if we go, say, 10-2, and should be in the Sugar Bowl spot, that we are ranked high enough to get it?

What if, God forbid, we run the table. What makes you think we won't be more likely to be left holding the bag AGAIN than we were in 04? We've got to at least get on the map, is all I'm saying...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2009, 11:28:33 AM »
To elaborate...

If we're not getting enough respect to garner a number 25 spot right now...what makes you think if we go, say, 10-2, and should be in the Sugar Bowl spot, that we are ranked high enough to get it?

What if, God forbid, we run the table. What makes you think we won't be more likely to be left holding the bag AGAIN than we were in 04? We've got to at least get on the map, is all I'm saying...

Anything is possible, but we're just 3-0 right now and haven't come up to our true "opportunity" games yet.  Remember, West Virginia wasn't ranked, so it's not like we've even had a huge "statement" game yet.  We continue to win, and continue to gain respect (notice we're at least getting the "watch out for Auburn" acknowledgment).

As time goes on, if we're 10-2, that will mean we beat some highly ranked teams.  As of right now, we have three Top 10 teams left on our schedule, plus Georgia.  We just haven't gotten to our opportunities yet.

Most everyone is still waiting for the meat of their schedule.  There is no way for everyone to keep winning. Kansas is #20, they still have Oklahoma, Texas Tech, Nebraska, Texas, and Missouri.  
North Carolina still has Georgia Tech, FSU, Virginia Tech, and Miami.  
Michigan still has @ MSU, @ Iowa, Penn State, and Ohio State.  
Washington could easily lose this week at Stanford, or @ Notre Dame, Oregon, @ UCLA, or to #6 Cal. Nebraska is barely hanging on now, and has @ MIssouri, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, and Kansas coming.

Point is, just as our opportunities to win and move are still to come, a lot of teams opportunities to lose and drop out are still to come.  If we're 6-1 after 7 games, we will be in the top 20, not just the top 25 (I guess #19 or so).  If we then go into LSU and win, that will be our first "jump" game, probably moving us up into the top 15, maybe #12 or 13.

We just have to be patient and wait for those chances to make some noise.  At this point we're a previously 5-7 team who has started well at 3-0, that's all.

And, we also have to realize that is just may not be for us this year.  We may take one step forward and two steps back all year and end up 7-5...there's a long way to go.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 11:31:12 AM by jadennis »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2009, 11:31:23 AM »
Anything is possible, but we're just 3-0 right now and haven't come up to our true "opportunity" games yet.  Remember, West Virginia wasn't ranked, so it's not like we've even had a huge "statement" game yet.  We continue to win, and continue to gain respect (notice we're at least getting the "watch out for Auburn" acknowledgment).

As time goes on, if we're 10-2, that will mean we beat some highly ranked teams.  As of right now, we have three Top 10 teams left on our schedule, plus Georgia.  We just haven't gotten to our opportunities yet.

Most everyone is still waiting for the meat of their schedule.  There is no way for everyone to keep winning.  Kansas is #20, they still have Oklahoma, Texas Tech, Nebraska, Texas, and Missouri.  North Carolina still has Georgia Tech, FSU, Virginia Tech, and Miami.  Michigan still has @ MSU, @ Iowa, Penn State, and Ohio State.  Washington could easily lose this week at Stanford, or @ Notre Dame, Oregon, @ UCLA, or to #6 Cal.  Nebraska is barely hanging on now, and has @ MIssouri, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, and Kansas coming.

Point is, just as our opportunities to win and move are still to come, a lot of teams opportunities to lose and drop out are still to come.  If we're 6-1 after 7 games, we will be in the top 20, not just the top 25 (I guess #19 or so).  If we then go into LSU and win, that will be our first "jump" game, probably moving us up into the top 15, maybe #12 or 13.

We just have to be patient and wait for those chances to make some noise.  At this point we're a previously 5-7 team who has started well at 3-0, that's all.

And, we also have to realize that is just may not be for us this year.  We may take one step forward and two steps back all year and end up 7-5...there's a long way to go.
There you go with "logic" again...boo...boo I say...boooooo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum