Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Auburn #28....AP Poll...

Argo

Re: Auburn #28....AP Poll...
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2009, 04:37:25 PM »

Having seen both play?  I'd take WVU over VT eight out of ten times.  

Based on what?  Piling up 500 yards of offense against a shitty defense?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2009, 04:42:40 PM »
Based on what?  Piling up 500 yards of offense against a poopty defense?

No.  Athleticism.  That Brown kid has unimited potential.  Devine would be hard for anybody to bring down.  They've got some real weapons. 

In fact, I think there's as much raw talent there as anywhere.  I just think their coach is vastly overrated.  You give somebody else that kind of talent and you're looking at a juggernaut. 

Man for man, that team was better than Auburn at almost every position.

I don't think that mummified guy they have coaching can get the most out of it, though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Argo

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2009, 04:51:14 PM »
No.  Athleticism.  That Brown kid has unimited potential.  Devine would be hard for anybody to bring down.  They've got some real weapons. 

In fact, I think there's as much raw talent there as anywhere.  I just think their coach is vastly overrated.  You give somebody else that kind of talent and you're looking at a juggernaut. 

I don't think that mummified guy they have coaching can get the most out of it, though.

West Virginia has talent, and speed, but I still believe a team with a physical defense and physical running game will beat them almost every time. 

I have the same thoughts about this Auburn team.  Sure, they are a LOT better on offense than I expected, but when a team can successfully keep pressure on Todd for the better part of the night, I don't think he can handle it.  As for the defense, they were completely gassed last night.  They still fought hard.  I believe they'll respond differently when they are worn down by a physical team instead of a finesse team.

After watching how physical Tennessee was against the mighty Tebows yesterday, I now think that will be a damn good game. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2009, 04:54:45 PM »

Hard to say if they have more athletes overall.  Easily at the QB position.  The guy is a super athlete but isn't any more accurate than Todd with his throws.  One thing I think this year is showing us is that we did actually have more athletes last year than first thought but for all the 70 kwazillion reasons rehashed ad nauseum about the clusterfuck that was 08', they never got a chance to show what they could do.  I'm in total agreement that you give that team some real corching, they'd be tough to beat by anyone in the country.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2009, 04:58:44 PM »

After watching how physical Tennessee was against the mighty Tebows yesterday, I now think that will be a damn good game. 

I've said all along Auburn loses that game because Monte Kiffin will shackle Malzahn this time.  Nothing so far to change that opinion. 

Crompton is horrible.  Florida gifted ten points or they really only score three.  As unsteady as our defense is, I still don't think Tennessee can score a lot.  If Auburn holds them under 20, that changes the dynamic.

WVU a finesse team?  No. They weren't three yard and a cloud of dust mashers, but they were hardly finesse.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2009, 05:01:56 PM »
WVU a finesse team?  No. They weren't three yard and a cloud of dust mashers, but they were hardly finesse.

I agree here.  WVU was hardly a finesse team.  They got open in space, and as for all the tackles we missed, they broke.  They ran hard, and played very physical.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2009, 06:06:45 PM »
Gutsy play...

Whatever...
Not that I am defending that bammer loser but you should Google Congresswoman Corrine Brown and Gators...

They was some gusty play...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2009, 06:26:35 PM »
No...that would be gusty play...

The bama fuck was just being a homer...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2009, 06:38:55 PM »
but when a team can successfully keep pressure on Todd for the better part of the night, I don't think he can handle it.
Kinda like what UWV did last night, with Todd responding with close to 300 yards passing and 4 TDs with only 1 Int?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Argo

« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2009, 07:49:38 PM »
Kinda like what UWV did last night, with Todd responding with close to 300 yards passing and 4 TDs with only 1 Int?

How many times was Todd sacked last night?  Once?  If you honestly believe West Virginia kept constant pressure on Todd last night, we definitely have differing opinions on what quarterback pressure is. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2009, 08:01:47 PM »
How many sacks did bammer have against North Texas School for the Blind and Crippled? None, you say? Wow! Your defensive line sucks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Argo

« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2009, 08:09:44 PM »
Don't play with the matches, strawman.  You'll likely catch fire.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2009, 08:12:22 PM »
Not even 1 sack. Pathetic.

Mean Green! Bwaaaa haa haa haa
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2009, 09:00:12 PM »
How many times was Todd sacked last night?  Once?  If you honestly believe West Virginia kept constant pressure on Todd last night, we definitely have differing opinions on what quarterback pressure is. 

Couldn't get to him.  Not for lack of trying. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Argo

« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2009, 09:12:41 PM »
Couldn't get to him.  Not for lack of trying. 

Which is my point.  WVU didn't pressure Todd. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2009, 09:40:07 PM »
I didn't realize that was the first sack this year...according to the radio broadcast.  I don't care who you're playing, that's a much improved line over years past.  As it turns out MSU may have a little better D than we thought after the Auburn game.  They held Vandy without a 1st down for a long time in that game and pretty much beat the Dores' up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2009, 11:10:18 PM »
I didn't realize that was the first sack this year...according to the radio broadcast.  I don't care who you're playing, that's a much improved line over years past.  As it turns out MSU may have a little better D than we thought after the Auburn game.  They held Vandy without a 1st down for a long time in that game and pretty much beat the Dores' up.

Where has all this respect for the smart kids come from? They have a couple of decent years for them and now they are a measuring stick?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUsweetheart

• 13....LOL
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2009, 12:21:21 AM »
Where has all this respect for the smart kids come from?

« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 01:09:36 AM by AUsweetheart »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A national championship is a wonderful thing, but if you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it.

AUsweetheart

• 13....LOL
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2009, 12:25:14 AM »
I have no idea why that posted twice, but you get the point.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A national championship is a wonderful thing, but if you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it.

« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2009, 12:43:27 AM »
I have no idea why that posted twice, but you get the point.

When posting a YouTube video on this site, you only need to post the actual http:// address.... only.

The site's software recognizes it, and posts the video for you.    If you go back and modify your post, and strip off everything but the page's address...you should be fine.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions