Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

I'm Back ON the PS3

I'm Back ON the PS3
« on: September 17, 2009, 02:55:06 PM »
I had to take a break from the online bills at the house, so my PS3 has been offline for almost a few months now, but now that some things have taken a turn from the better...it's back on....

Just got done with the anticipated necessary update, and I'm floored at how much it's changed....  Looks good.

Any other new features I should be aware of?  Upgrades?   Any good games I should look into?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: I'm Back ON the PS3
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 03:11:57 PM »
I had to take a break from the online bills at the house, so my PS3 has been offline for almost a few months now, but now that some things have taken a turn from the better...it's back on....

Just got done with the anticipated necessary update, and I'm floored at how much it's changed....  Looks good.

Any other new features I should be aware of?  Upgrades?   Any good games I should look into?

Sani says Arkham Asylum. 

Graphics are good, but dead Batman over and over isn't fun for me. 

Madden 10 bored me.

Guitar Hero 5?  Unless you like obscure shit by obscure bands that are only cool to geekazoids -- with a Frampton song tossed in -- don't waste the money on that damn turd.  Wish I hadn't.

I'm bundling up all my GH titles and selling them on eBay.  It's RockBand 100% from now on. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 03:15:38 PM »
Sani says Arkham Asylum. 

Madden 10 bored me.

Guitar Hero 5?  Unless you like obscure shit by obscure bands that are only cool to geekazoids -- with a Frampton song tossed in -- don't waste the money on that damn turd.  Wish I hadn't.

I'm bundling up all my GH titles and selling them on eBay.  It's RockBand 100% from now on. 
Have you picked up the Beatles Rockband? Have you received Van Halen yet?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 03:20:35 PM »
Have you picked up the Beatles Rockband? Have you received Van Halen yet?

I played Beatles RB in Best Buy today.  My wife hates the Beatles.  The people we play with most often, do too.  So I haven't bought it.  I will, though after playing it today. They can just suck it. 

It accomodates four mikes if you want to do a drunkish harmony.  That's sweet. 

Have not gotten VH-GH yet.  Said it would be four to six weeks.  I have played GH5 for probably the last time, though.  The graphics are good, but flow-wise it is so far inferior to RB that it's like watching  Tulane play when you're used to going to Auburn games. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2009, 03:27:24 PM »
I'll check out the Arkham game.....

We'll see what's up...

Lots of new graphics and features on the homescreen I see....

Playing around on it now trying to get things figured out....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2009, 03:35:31 PM »
I haven't had the time to get on there in the past couple of months.  I really need to get back into it.  With the colder weather coming around the corner I will have more opportunities.

GH5 is out for me.  I have read the review from Koas.  I am not going through the trouble.  I am thinking about getting RockBand Beatles though.  Should be some good fun.  Has anyone played FightNight 4 yet and is it worth the purchase?  Also, Madden 10 is a bad idea as well?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Jumbo

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2009, 03:53:42 PM »
I haven't had the time to get on there in the past couple of months.  I really need to get back into it.  With the colder weather coming around the corner I will have more opportunities.

GH5 is out for me.  I have read the review from Koas.  I am not going through the trouble.  I am thinking about getting RockBand Beatles though.  Should be some good fun.  Has anyone played FightNight 4 yet and is it worth the purchase?  Also, Madden 10 is a bad idea as well?
You can download a playable demo for free in the Playstation store, I think the game is worlds better than Ncaa 2010.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2009, 03:59:01 PM »
You can download a playable demo for free in the Playstation store, I think the game is worlds better than Ncaa 2010.

Ahh, I think I will do that then before shelling out the cash to see if it is worth it or not. 

On a side note:  I have not played NCAA 2010 yet.  I got it about a month ago and it is still in the Game Stop bag that I brought it home in.   :sad:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Jumbo

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2009, 12:12:09 AM »
Ahh, I think I will do that then before shelling out the cash to see if it is worth it or not. 

On a side note:  I have not played NCAA 2010 yet.  I got it about a month ago and it is still in the Game Stop bag that I brought it home in.   :sad:
It's good enough to take out of the bag.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2009, 07:35:15 AM »
Sani says Arkham Asylum. 

Put the pride down and play it on easy.  Much more enjoyable.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."