Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Are they putting vodka in their kool-aid now?

Ogre

Are they putting vodka in their kool-aid now?
« on: January 15, 2008, 08:56:18 AM »
There I was, reading my B'ham News this morning, when I read this quote from a UAT commit and almost choked on my coffee:

The news of Texas' interest in Applewhite surprised at least one key Alabama recruit.

"Oh, wow. A little (upsetting)," said defensive tackle Damion Square of Houston. "I would've loved to have Applewhite. If he wants to win championships, and I know Applewhite does, then he'll stay. You don't win no championships at UT, man. You win championships at UA. But he's got to do what he's got to do."

Here's the article:

http://www.al.com/sports/birminghamnews/index.ssf?/base/sports/1200388542273030.xml&coll=2

It talks about Applesauce to Texas to take the RB coaching job.  But the bammers didn't want him anyway.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Are they putting vodka in their kool-aid now?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 09:00:27 AM »
There I was, reading my B'ham News this morning, when I read this quote from a UAT commit and almost choked on my coffee:

Here's the article:

http://www.al.com/sports/birminghamnews/index.ssf?/base/sports/1200388542273030.xml&coll=2

It talks about Applesauce to Texas to take the RB coaching job.  But the bammers didn't want him anyway.

I would surmise that they have blown right past vodka and moved into pure grain alcohol status.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 09:03:22 AM »
Sweet Justice if he goes.  All the crap we have heard here in Bammerham about Muschamp making a lateral move...I can't wait to hear all the stories about Applebum taking a step down just to get the hell out of Tuscaloosa.
Oh yeah, we are still talking about the Bammerham media.  Nevermind.  Hell, they might even wait until February 8 to announce it around here, so that the 'cruitin Nashenal Champeonship isn't affected.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Ogre

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 09:19:50 AM »
They are already spinning it to "Saban showed Applewhite the door.  He just wasn't producing to the level Saban expects."

It couldn't be that their coach is a certified Grade-A asshole, could it?  Nah.

I hope they give Pendry the reigns and let him run the offense by himself next year.  It would be an offense similar to what we had with Mazzone.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 10:06:52 AM »
The news of Texas' interest in Applewhite surprised at least one key Alabama recruit.

"Oh, wow. A little (upsetting)," said defensive tackle Damion Square of Houston. "I would've loved to have Applewhite. If he wants to win championships, and I know Applewhite does, then he'll stay. You don't win no championships at UT, man. You win championships at UA. But he's got to do what he's got to do."
We need a spit take emoticon for shit like this.
Wow. Just wow.
The sad thing is the fucknecks in Bamerham read that and nod their head in agreement.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 02:10:12 PM »
You don't win no championships at UT, man.
With that mastery of the language, he'll fit in well in Tuscaloosa. Maybe even be a communications major.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2008, 08:51:54 PM »
Colonel Applecrisp is good as gone....  ...and that's not being "bamaphobic" either....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2008, 03:10:35 AM »
You don't win no championships at UT

I guess he missed this.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 03:33:38 AM by jumbo »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

SKCAUB

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2008, 04:31:08 PM »
We need a spit take emoticon for shit like this.
Wow. Just wow.
The sad thing is the fucknecks in Bamerham read that and nod their head in agreement.
Dude...my ears....  :no:
AU Homer....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2008, 04:41:25 PM »
Been hanging around Mobile the last few days.  You just think WJOX is bad until you hear the dipsticks down here. 

This is the gist of a conversation heard on some show called "Talkin' Football"

Caller:  "I need to clear somethin' up regards to Hoolia Jones.  There's a difference between getting kicked off a team and gettin' dismissed.  The boy was just too busy to put his full focus on basketball what with all these all star games he been goin' to, so the coach told him to just concetrate a little more on the football end. That's all there is to that."

Host: Man, I'm glad you cleared that up. People had some questions after hearin' he'd been put off the team, but when you shine the light of truth on it, you get a whole diffrnt story.

Caller: "Well, what about Applewhite goin' to Texas?  You think that will hurt Alabammer's chances with the recruits?"

Host: If there's one thing you know about Nick Saban, its' that he gets the best available people for the job. He's an absolute master at putting a staff together. He's proved that time and time again.  There's not a recruit around who will care who is the coordinator, all they want is the chance to play for a coach like Saban.  He will get the best coach out there, no question. And just because you think a Norm Chow or somebody like that would be the guy, if Saban doesn't look at them, what does that tell you? That they aren't the best there is."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.