Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

New ESPN class ratings

jadennis

New ESPN class ratings
« on: September 30, 2009, 02:03:30 PM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/classrankings

Auburn checks in at a respectable #12, especially considering we hopefully will still land 2-3 of our top 5 guys.

And how ridiculous is the SEC....7 of the Top 15 classes?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 02:04:21 PM by jadennis »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: New ESPN class ratings
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 02:07:19 PM »

Auburn checks in at a respectable #12, especially considering we hopefully will still land 2-3 of our top 5 guys.

And 5 of the Top 6.

And as you said, we hopefully have some big names coming in still, so hopefully it will be 6 out of the top 7.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 02:13:41 PM »

Twelve... That's better than projected. 

Sixth in the SEC still isn't where you want to be, but it's better than being eighth or ninth. 

Why the difference betwee these team rankings and Rivals where we're still 23rd?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 02:19:12 PM »
Why the difference betwee these team rankings and Rivals where we're still 23rd?

Good question?  Recruiting gurus, please to be explaining.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 02:27:23 PM »
Twelve... That's better than projected. 

Sixth in the SEC still isn't where you want to be, but it's better than being eighth or ninth. 

Try and keep up, sparky. 
You see...Rivals is run by bammers who add stars to their recruits and take away from their rivals' cruits.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

jadennis

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2009, 03:08:54 PM »
I don't think they go by as much of a strict points system.  Rivals factors in the number of recruits, which is why Ole Miss had such a good class ranking last year with 453 recruits.

Also, ESPN has Goodwin as a top 25 player in the nation.  Kitchens is also quite a bit higher with ESPN, coming in as a top 100 player.  Rivals has Goodwin as a moderately high 4-star and Kitchens as a 3-star. 

If Auburn lands Dyer (#6 on ESPN), gets Dixon to switch from Baylor (#15 on ESPN), gets Trovon Reed (#45), and maybe on offensive lineman like James Stone (#101),  or Eric Mack (#81), or Damien Robinson (#107), This could turn out to be quite an impressive class.

Yep, that's a big "if".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2009, 03:26:03 PM »
Try and keep up, sparky. 
You see...Rivals is run by bammers who add stars to their recruits and take away from their rivals' cruits.

Some of that I buy.  Not eleven spots worth, though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2009, 08:13:36 PM »
Auburn is sitting at #12 in the Country with a list that doesn't include:
86 rated #1 RB Michael Dyer
84 rated #3 S Ahmad Dixon
83 rated #5 RB Lache Seastrunk
82 rated #9 WR Trovon Reed
80 rated #19 OT Ed Christian
79 rated #17 DT Michael Thornton
79 rated #18 DT Jeffrey Whitaker
79 rated #40 DE Craig Sanders (Decommitted from Coach midget)

and Possibly....
79 rated #21 RB/Slot WR Corey Grant (Could follow Craig Sanders with his decommitment)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 08:14:50 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

jadennis

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2009, 10:32:33 AM »
As of this morning Rivals has Auburn up to #17 (because they had Sanders as a 4-star  5.8).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

- Reggie Torbor