Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Fun and nut punching

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
Re: Fun and nut punching
« Reply #120 on: September 15, 2009, 01:45:20 AM »
Sorry, honey, R-E-S-P-E-C-T was made famous by Aretha Frankin.

But TT could have pumped a lot of pane tane down in New Orleans...

Or done some private dancing...

Or been at Thunderdome...
Tane is Octane/Gasoline
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

boartitz

« Reply #121 on: September 15, 2009, 01:48:06 AM »
Tane is Octane/Gasoline
If you do much pumping in NO you probably got shit on your stick.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #122 on: September 15, 2009, 05:04:42 PM »
Tane is Octane/Gasoline
We have already had this discussion.  It is just as likely to be PROPANE from the docks in New Orleans.  None of the usual internet sources are clear on this.  Further, there is also the double entendre of "Pane/pain" meaning that he workes really hard, to the point of misery.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #123 on: September 15, 2009, 05:22:38 PM »
We have already had this discussion.  It is just as likely to be PROPANE from the docks in New Orleans.  None of the usual internet sources are clear on this.  Further, there is also the double entendre of "Pane/pain" meaning that he workes really hard, to the point of misery.

Just so you know, I called the number in your avatar. This lady wanted my credit card number.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #124 on: September 15, 2009, 05:25:06 PM »
Not to belabor the original point, but....

I went back and watched the replay on SECSports.com  

Only watched the first half.  Here's the breakdown:

Todd threw 18 passes (that means he only threw four in the second half?)

Of the 18, a total of 13 were thrown off balance or without turning his shoulders or falling backward.  

Only two of the passes were executed with proper mechanics and stepping into the ball.  Both were picture perfect strikes to receivers in stride.  Both covered 20-plus yards.

Of the 13 throws with poor mechanics? Four were overthrown. Two were short-armed and underthrown. One was dropped. Another was catchable, but the throw should have been on target and the catch wouldn't have been a circus catch.

The most egregious? Last drive of the first half, first play.  He flinched away from a defender who was still a good three yards away.  He had time to step up, take the hit and make a throw to a wide open back out of the backfield.  He did not.  

Three other overthrows were complete, all exposed the receiver to injury by stretching him out.  

Laugh and mock if you want.  If the game comes down to Todd winning it...  I hope we can keep running the ball.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 05:25:43 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #125 on: September 15, 2009, 05:53:27 PM »

Of the 18, a total of 13 were thrown off balance or without turning his shoulders or falling backward.  

Only two of the passes were executed with proper mechanics and stepping into the ball.  Both were picture perfect strikes to receivers in stride.  Both covered 20-plus yards.

Of the 13 throws with poor mechanics? Four were overthrown. Two were short-armed and underthrown. One was dropped. Another was catchable, but the throw should have been on target and the catch wouldn't have been a circus catch.

The most egregious? Last drive of the first half, first play.  He flinched away from a defender who was still a good three yards away.  He had time to step up, take the hit and make a throw to a wide open back out of the backfield.  He did not.  

Three other overthrows were complete, all exposed the receiver to injury by stretching him out.  

Laugh and mock if you want.  If the game comes down to Todd winning it...  I hope we can keep running the ball.

I completely agree.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #126 on: September 15, 2009, 06:03:57 PM »
I completely agree.

I knew what I saw.  Sort of hate that video confirmed it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #127 on: September 15, 2009, 06:06:40 PM »
I think it was bullshit!...haha..  j/k...

Actually I agree, but hope that if we all saw it, there would be some addressing of the issues this week in practice.   Hopefully they can get him straightened out. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #128 on: September 15, 2009, 07:03:57 PM »
I think it was bullshit!...haha..  j/k...

Actually I agree, but hope that if we all saw it, there would be some addressing of the issues this week in practice.   Hopefully they can get him straightened out. 
IMO, they can address it and stress it, but it won't matter until the stadium lights come on and he has some pissed off lineman coming at him.  I'd say have him stand in a circle with Eltoro, Bynes, Blanc and Rocker (Coach Rock without pads of course, because that would be a little scarier) coming at him.  If he steps back to throw to Tate or Mario, he gets a Donkey Punch from Eric Smith.  He'll either get it right, or he'll be knocked unconscious.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 09:22:41 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #129 on: September 15, 2009, 09:07:53 PM »

So this is the play where it was said that he looked scared to take a hit?

Agree with the analysis as well.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Tiger Wench

« Reply #130 on: September 15, 2009, 11:32:01 PM »
I knew what I saw.  Sort of hate that video confirmed it. 
I also hate to ask this but at this point (he IS a senior) and at this point in the season (after all summer and two games in) is he still coachable or have the bad habits set in beyond redemption?  Muscle memory, reflex, whathaveyou... In moments of stress we all revert instinctively to what we know... I can still see poor David Carr flinch the minute the ball was snapped in any Texan game... it was not possible to coach that away and he was done.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #131 on: September 15, 2009, 11:33:01 PM »
Just so you know, I called the number in your avatar. This lady wanted my credit card number.
Did you give it to her?  Baby needs a new pair of shoes...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUsweetheart

• 13....LOL
« Reply #132 on: September 15, 2009, 11:47:59 PM »

You are unfortunately correct, I watched the replay yesterday myself. I said somewhere earlier this week that this wasn't his worst game...I am not at all sure about that now...if it wasn't, it was close. I guess I was deceived by the score...somehow Todd had a horrible game and it didn't matter.
But it will.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A national championship is a wonderful thing, but if you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #133 on: September 15, 2009, 11:49:22 PM »
You are unfortunately correct, I watched the replay yesterday myself. I said somewhere earlier this week that this wasn't his worst game...I am not at all sure about that now...if it wasn't, it was close. I guess I was deceived by the score...somehow Todd had a horrible game and it didn't matter.
But it will.

Listen to this woman.  She knows.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

« Reply #134 on: September 16, 2009, 12:09:37 AM »
Did you give it to her?  Baby needs a new pair of shoes...

Hell no. I told her to call her babies daddy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #135 on: September 16, 2009, 12:11:28 AM »
But it will.

C'mon AUSweethear dont give into the Koas theory. Its a conspiracy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUsweetheart

• 13....LOL
« Reply #136 on: September 16, 2009, 12:16:07 AM »
C'mon AUSweethear dont give into the Koas theory. Its a conspiracy.

Aw Sugar, I would love for him to be wrong...I even think K himself would like (he would never love) to be wrong on this one....but he's right. We are going to need Todd to be better. Like I said, it didn't matter this week, but we can't pull that shit forever.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A national championship is a wonderful thing, but if you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it.

Tiger Wench

« Reply #137 on: September 16, 2009, 12:37:27 AM »
Aw Sugar, I would love for him to be wrong...I even think K himself would like (he would never love) to be wrong on this one....but he's right. We are going to need Todd to be better. Like I said, it didn't matter this week, but we can't pull win in spite of that shit forever.

FTFY... I think some folks on here said when Todd was announced that all he had to do was just not lose the game - we would find ways to win around him.  But I am not sure that will be possible with the tempo of Malzahn's offense.  He will HAVE to pass more often than he would have in old style AU pure running pass as a last resort offense.  Not sure he is capable of that.  Hope I am wrong, but... am also hoping Tyrik is taking very good notes...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #138 on: September 16, 2009, 09:09:38 AM »
Aw Sugar, I would love for him to be wrong...I even think K himself would like (he would never love) to be wrong on this one....but he's right. We are going to need Todd to be better. Like I said, it didn't matter this week, but we can't pull that poop forever.

Well, I do know you ladies are right, including Kaos. Eventually, the passing game will have to be more effective and more dependable. So far, the offense has taken what the defense gives them and we have run the football down the pipeline and havent been stopped yet. This might be to our benefit though. The way I see it, we havent shown too many wrinkles in our passing game, how can one defend something they dont know a whole lot about?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #139 on: September 16, 2009, 09:32:48 AM »
FTFY... I think some folks on here said when Todd was announced that all he had to do was just not lose the game - we would find ways to win around him.  But I am not sure that will be possible with the tempo of Malzahn's offense.  He will HAVE to pass more often than he would have in old style AU pure running pass as a last resort offense.  Not sure he is capable of that.  Hope I am wrong, but... am also hoping Tyrik is taking very good notes...

If I am not mistaken I thought I saw where we are actually averaging more running plays this year than we have in previous years. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."