Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Fun and nut punching

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Fun and nut punching
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2009, 09:55:59 AM »
I agree with all that was said. Game was fantastic, 2 games in a row that I havent had to sit on the edge of my coach with a stomach ache drinking myself into oblivion worried whether we will win.  Now I just got to drink myself into oblivion and enjoy the game. 

On the subject of Todd, those who think that he didn't have some issues need to go back and rewatch the game.  I think the kid is doing a great job, and he is light years ahead of last year, but his mechanics definetly need tweaking.  I have two examples since no one else has cited anything.  First half of the game T. Zach had the CB from Miss. St. beat by at least 3 lengths, if Todd doesnt throw of his back foot and throws towards the sideline TD AUUUUUBURN, instead he short armed it and a decent CB would have picked the ball.  Second example, in the second half Todd throws a ball way up in the air, So much so, that if you watch the game, I was half waitng for the Miss. St. CB to wave his arm for a fair catch.  If the CB would not have been a 5-11 white guy he might have had a chance, but again T. Zach slipped it into another gear and went up and got the ball, BEAUTIFUL PLAY.....by T. Zach. 

Are we nitpicking probably so, but those of you declaring Auburn SEC champs need to slow your roll a-bit.  Chizik and Malzahn have done a bang up job, but we still have to play some tough teams, teams that are a heck of a lot better than La. Tech and Miss. St. lets just try to keep things in perspective.

War Eagle!!!!

The first play you referenced was the one that got him barked at if I'm not mistaken. 

But as I noted before the dinosaur crowd started shitting themselves blind because I had a valid criticism, the barking did not alter his behavior.  He continued to do the same thing on virtually every throw. 

I have not seen the replay yet so I'm going from memory, but I'm pretty certain that the back foot, falling backward behaviors did not begin until after he was pressured the first time.   Maybe he's just scared to get hit. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2009, 10:30:52 AM »
The first play you referenced was the one that got him barked at if I'm not mistaken. 

But as I noted before the dinosaur crowd started poopting themselves blind because I had a valid criticism, the barking did not alter his behavior.  He continued to do the same thing on virtually every throw. 

I have not seen the replay yet so I'm going from memory, but I'm pretty certain that the back foot, falling backward behaviors did not begin until after he was pressured the first time.   Maybe he's just scared to get hit. 

I was making myself a plate of BBQ and my wife mentioned something about Todd acts like he is scared to take a hit, I didn't bother rewinding it and checking it out.  She said he threw a shitty screen pass and then tucked tail like he was going to get hit....Can anyone else verify it? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2009, 10:42:49 AM »
First half of the game T. Zach had the CB from Miss. St. beat by at least 3 lengths, if Todd doesnt throw of his back foot and throws towards the sideline TD AUUUUUBURN, instead he short armed it and a decent CB would have picked the ball. 

3 lengths? Seriously? T. Zach maybe favored to win the triple crown next year....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2009, 10:44:52 AM »
3 lengths? Seriously? T. Zach maybe favored to win the triple crown next year....
depends upon your interpretation of a length...my cock is 7 lengths long.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2009, 10:49:26 AM »
I was making myself a plate of BBQ and my wife mentioned something about Todd acts like he is scared to take a hit, I didn't bother rewinding it and checking it out.  She said he threw a shitty screen pass and then tucked tail like he was going to get hit....Can anyone else verify it? 

I can't remember what game the clip was from in '08, but I remember one play where a DL was literally 3 yards or so away from Todd, and he went ahead and folded up with the ball and waited for the DL to hit him. I mean, he was nearly in a standing fetal position and stood there and waited to get nailed. I was like wtf?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2009, 10:51:05 AM »
I can't remember what game the clip was from in '08, but I remember one play where a DL was literally 3 yards or so away from Todd, and he went ahead and folded up with the ball and waited for the DL to hit him. I mean, he was nearly in a standing fetal position and stood there and waited to get nailed. I was like wtf?

It was a different situation last year, and obviously he had watched the "Brodie Croyle" portion of the Franklin Offensive Package.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2009, 10:51:36 AM »
Don't want to get too nitpicky or take the fun out of a win.  Because it was fun.  Seriously fun.  

But there are the nagging alarms set off by Todd's very weak performance.  He did miss open receivers. Granted, ALL quarterbacks do so that's not what bothers me.  It was just his physical mechanics.  

The ball Zachery caught?  I thought it was a punt when I looked up.  The MSU defender was standing stock still just waiting for it to come down.  Nobody saw Zachery coming up out of nowhere to make that grab.  Nine times out of ten that's an interception.  

Todd also threw the ball at the feet of receivers on the swing passes.  Either that or over their heads.  The over their head throws are DIRECTLY attributable to his poor mechanics.  No other reason.  

On the flip side, he looks much better than he did last year.  If he can maintain his composure when he starts getting hit that will be good.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2009, 10:52:43 AM »
Your thinking of Brodie Croyle from 2005!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

RWS

« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2009, 10:54:14 AM »
It was a different situation last year, and obviously he had watched the "Brodie Croyle" portion of the Franklin Offensive Package.
I hate to break it to you, but a DL bearing down on you from 3-4 yards out is a situation you will face in any offense on any team anywhere in this country. Even some parts of Europe.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2009, 10:55:30 AM »
I hate to break it to you, but a DL bearing down on you from 3-4 yards out is a situation you will face in any offense on any team anywhere in this country. Even some parts of Europe.

Okay, I get it.  Brodie Croyle '05 = France.  Gotcha.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 10:56:30 AM by AuburnChopper2.0 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2009, 10:55:33 AM »
Your thinking of Brodie Croyle from 2005!
Usually he never even had the opportunity to assume the position.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2009, 11:53:41 AM »
Ok, so we've determined that Todd is a pussy.  Next on the agenda is,
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2009, 12:00:51 PM »
Ok, so we've determined that Todd is a pussy.  Next on the agenda is,
Mario Fannin's mangina, discuss
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2009, 12:03:48 PM »
intimate knowledge?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

jadennis

« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2009, 12:37:33 PM »

The ball Zachery caught?  I thought it was a punt when I looked up.  The MSU defender was standing stock still just waiting for it to come down.  Nobody saw Zachery coming up out of nowhere to make that grab.  Nine times out of ten that's an interception.  

Right after that pass, I said to the guy sitting next to me "if he keeps throwing off his back foot, Eric Berry is going to have 6 picks against us".

Like you, I thought the game was a blast, my first since Stephen Davis was carrying the ball, and I'm ecstatic that we scored 7 TDs in one game, considering we scored 7 all of last year (in SEC games).

But none of that excitement changes the fact that Todd has a couple things to overcome or it could get ugly in certain games.  Better than last year, absolutely, but those under-thrown deep balls (or "punts" as you correctly described them) are going to be a big deal when everything is on the line in a 31-28 dog-fight game.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 12:40:40 PM by jadennis »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2009, 12:38:29 PM »

Mario has a downstairs mix up?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2009, 12:41:33 PM »
Right after that pass, I said to the guy sitting next to me "if he keeps throwing off his back foot, Eric Berry is going to have 6 picks against us".

Like you, I thought the game was a blast, my first since Stephen Davis was carrying the ball, and I'm ecstatic that we scored 7 TDs in one game, considering we scored 7 all of last year (in SEC games).

But none of that excitement changes the fact that Todd has a couple things to overcome or it could get ugly in certain games.  Better than last year, absolutely, but those under-thrown deep balls (or "punts" as you correctly described them) are going to be a big deal when everything is on the line in a 31-28 dog-fight game.

Congratulations on an astute first post. 

Gentlemen?  Is the welcoming committee prepared?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2009, 12:43:54 PM »

But none of that excitement changes the fact that Todd has a couple things to overcome or it could get ugly in certain games.  Better than last year, absolutely, but those under-thrown deep balls (or "punts" as you correctly described them) are going to be a big deal when everything is on the line in a 31-28 dog-fight game.

Welcome to the X, post often.  Now take you dog to Jumbo for proper fisting!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2009, 12:59:27 PM »
Can I get the welcoming party too!?

I had a lot of fun at the game also. Like Kaos, I was not chewing my fingernails down to blood or falling asleep with a "W". I didnt really notice Todd throwing off the back foot, I was not close enough, but I will check that out when I watch the re-play. I did notice the near 400 yards rushing and I also noticed there were more Sheriffs at the game this year. Poor MSU women was saved because I wanted to smash the freakin cow bell over head.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2009, 01:05:28 PM »
Can I get the welcoming party too!?
Wow, I've never seen somebody actually beg for it. Wench might want to ask this guy some questions.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions