Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Fun and nut punching

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Fun and nut punching
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2009, 02:51:54 AM »
Way too early for that kind of declaration. 

But I am encouraged.

I wasn't the only one slamming Todd. He got ripped on the sidelines for doing it. And he still didn't quit.

I liked how things went tonight.  If that is to continue he is going to have to seriously work on that.  One of the things that impressed me most last week was seeing him step into throws. That's why it pissed me off tonight to see him revert. If he corrects that we could have posted 60 points and 600 yards.  That's really encouraging considering where we were a year ago.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2009, 03:01:01 AM »
Way too early for that kind of declaration.  

But I am encouraged.

I wasn't the only one slamming Todd. He got ripped on the sidelines for doing it. And he still didn't quit.

I liked how things went tonight.  If that is to continue he is going to have to seriously work on that.  One of the things that impressed me most last week was seeing him step into throws. That's why it pissed me off tonight to see him revert. If he corrects that we could have posted 60 points and 600 yards.  That's really encouraging considering where we were a year ago.

The only declaration that you can make after 2 weeks is as follows:

Your naive, negative, predetermined evalaluation of our new head coach might have been a little premature.  Sorry to call you out, but  you and the "greaseys" of the world are looking pretty bad right now
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 03:01:59 AM by AUTailgatingRules »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2009, 03:03:00 AM »
But I am encouraged.

I liked how things went tonight.  If that is to continue he is going to have to seriously work on that.  One of the things that impressed me most last week was seeing him step into throws. That's why it pissed me off tonight to see him revert. If he corrects that we could have posted 60 points and 600 yards.  That's really encouraging considering where we were a year ago.
Like I stated before, that should be something that's correctable.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2009, 03:07:33 AM »
It's two games, dude. Two games.

Two good games, yeah.  But still two games. Gene Stallings lost his first three. Looked bad doing it. How'd he turn out? Terry Bowden won his first 20.

Give it time. If i'm wrong? I'm happy to be there. But you can't call the game after two at-bats. 

I predicted the premature celebratory laps too. Didn't figure you'd be the one running them.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2009, 03:10:02 AM »
It's two games, dude. Two games.

Two good games, yeah.  But still two games. Gene Stallings lost his first three. Looked bad doing it. How'd he turn out? Terry Bowden won his first 20.

Give it time. If i'm wrong? I'm happy to be there. But you can't call the game after two at-bats.  

I predicted the premature celebratory laps too. Didn't figure you'd be the one running them.

Looking a fool.  There comes a time where you have to admit you might be wrong.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 03:11:50 AM by AUTailgatingRules »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2009, 03:11:00 AM »
Like I stated before, that should be something that's correctable.

Thats kinda the point.

What I saw last year WASN'T fixable in practice.

Still don't thnk Kodi is fixable as a QB, despite his declared intention tonight to go back to being a QB next year.  

But I do think Todds can. It needs to be.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2009, 03:12:21 AM »
Looking a fool

yes, yes you are tonight. Drunk posting is a bad idea.

That time certainly isn't now. It may come. But it hasn't yet.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 03:14:16 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2009, 03:14:45 AM »
yes, yes you are tonight. Drunk posting is a bad idea.

Sad when your worst case Chizik/jacobs nightmares don't come true.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2009, 03:19:54 AM »
Sad when your worst case Chizik/jacobs nightmares don't come true.

Not for me.

I'm perfectly happy.  You are the one with a problem.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2009, 07:05:35 AM »
Wow this thread is a instant classic. Todd needs to follow through on his passes and Chizik rocks!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2009, 10:38:35 AM »
I noted the back foot thing in a post last week.  I also noted I was impressed with the Freshman RB, and that didn't change this week either.  Tate is good, but the freshman is going to be a great one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2009, 10:47:41 AM »
I noted the back foot thing in a post last week.  I also noted I was impressed with the Freshman RB, and that didn't change this week either.  Tate is good, but the freshman is going to be a great one.

Agreed.  A positive on the QB situation, isn't that he was shaky last night, but rather that for the first time in a while, I feel like he might actually get some coaching to work on it.   Haven't seen a lot of roll outs yet.  Lots of motion with the backs and pocket passes.  Very few screens.

I'm wondering if that's something we'll see to help Todd out.  Plays that keep the pressure off the QB, or plays that at least mix it up so you're not so vulnerable to the pass rush.  We shall see.

McCalebb is fun.  That 48 yard run was one of the fastest and smoothest runs I'd seen in a while!  Especially from someone wearing orange and blue!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2009, 10:50:25 AM »
Agreed.  A positive on the QB situation, isn't that he was shaky last night, but rather that for the first time in a while, I feel like he might actually get some coaching to work on it.   Haven't seen a lot of roll outs yet.  Lots of motion with the backs and pocket passes.  Very few screens.

I'm wondering if that's something we'll see to help Todd out.  Plays that keep the pressure off the QB, or plays that at least mix it up so you're not so vulnerable to the pass rush.  We shall see.

McCalebb is fun.  That 48 yard run was one of the fastest and smoothest runs I'd seen in a while!  Especially from someone wearing orange and blue!

Yep, we seemed to be on a lot of teams' highlite reels last year. We've already got a seasons worth compared to last year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2009, 12:13:43 PM »

Yep, we seemed to be on a lot of teams' highlite reels last year. We've already got a seasons worth compared to last year.

Todd got yanked around on the sidelines last night because he was making those ridiculous fall-away basketball shot throws. 

It took the zip off the ball and is going to get his receivers killed.  I may be crossed up, but his poor mechanics caused a floater that got Adams hurt I think. 

What concerns me is that the barking he took over doing it didn't seem to sink in at the time because he was right back at it the next time out. 

10 - 23 won't do the job against a better team.  I hope he does work on it.  It wasn't nearly as bad against La. Tech.  And I will be honest, his mechanics were so bad last year that I do pay them much more attention than I probably would normally.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2009, 12:47:28 PM »
I don't know if MSU is going to be just that bad again this year, or if y'all are going to be just that good this season. But anytime you can beat the shit out of an SEC opponent like AU did with MSU, you take it. If Todd can't get his shit together, and AU plays a team that can stop or remotely contain the run, there might be some issues. Relative to the first two games of the season though, you can't really argue with the results. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2009, 01:11:27 PM »
I don't know if MSU is going to be just that bad again this year, or if y'all are going to be just that good this season. But anytime you can beat the poop out of an SEC opponent like AU did with MSU, you take it. If Todd can't get his poop together, and AU plays a team that can stop or remotely contain the run, there might be some issues. Relative to the first two games of the season though, you can't really argue with the results. 

I don't think State is going to be that bad.  I don't like Lee at quarterback and I think they'll gradually move more and more to Relf -- if, like Burns, he can figure out how to make decent throws.  He's got a ton of upside. 

State isn't going to win eight or nine games, but they'll make some folks uncomfortable down the stretch. 

I really think they're going to get better and better under Mullen -- as long as he can figure out some legal way to recruit there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2009, 09:16:58 AM »
What scared me more than the few floaters Todd put out there were the two passes that Neil Caudle threw.  Both were freaking wounded ducks that will either get picked or get your WR hurt.  Here's hoping Todd learns his lesson and stays healthy this season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2009, 09:20:07 AM »
What scared me more than the few floaters Todd put out there were the two passes that Neil Caudle threw.  Both were freaking wounded ducks that will either get picked or get your WR hurt.  Here's hoping Todd learns his lesson and stays healthy this season.

Kodi said without hesitation that he's happy with his role and wants to help the team as a receiver or whatever THIS YEAR, with the stated intention of moving back to quarterback in the off season. 

He's got a long way to go. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2009, 09:40:56 AM »
I agree with all that was said. Game was fantastic, 2 games in a row that I havent had to sit on the edge of my coach with a stomach ache drinking myself into oblivion worried whether we will win.  Now I just got to drink myself into oblivion and enjoy the game. 

On the subject of Todd, those who think that he didn't have some issues need to go back and rewatch the game.  I think the kid is doing a great job, and he is light years ahead of last year, but his mechanics definetly need tweaking.  I have two examples since no one else has cited anything.  First half of the game T. Zach had the CB from Miss. St. beat by at least 3 lengths, if Todd doesnt throw of his back foot and throws towards the sideline TD AUUUUUBURN, instead he short armed it and a decent CB would have picked the ball.  Second example, in the second half Todd throws a ball way up in the air, So much so, that if you watch the game, I was half waitng for the Miss. St. CB to wave his arm for a fair catch.  If the CB would not have been a 5-11 white guy he might have had a chance, but again T. Zach slipped it into another gear and went up and got the ball, BEAUTIFUL PLAY.....by T. Zach. 

Are we nitpicking probably so, but those of you declaring Auburn SEC champs need to slow your roll a-bit.  Chizik and Malzahn have done a bang up job, but we still have to play some tough teams, teams that are a heck of a lot better than La. Tech and Miss. St. lets just try to keep things in perspective.

War Eagle!!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2009, 09:50:45 AM »
Kodi said without hesitation that he's happy with his role and wants to help the team as a receiver or whatever THIS YEAR, with the stated intention of moving back to quarterback in the off season. 

He's got a long way to go. 

We can only hope that Rollison and/or Trotter will step up in the Spring.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.