Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Bowden's Players Have Assigned Seats

Aubie16

Bowden's Players Have Assigned Seats
« on: September 11, 2009, 01:28:34 PM »
http://www.timesdaily.com/article/20090910/ARTICLES/909105043?Title=Bowden-benches-the-team-assigns-seats
FLORENCE - North Alabama coach Terry Bowden has benched his entire team.

Fans at last week's home opener may have noticed a different look on the UNA sideline. When the players are not in the game they now are supposed to be sitting in an assigned spot on one of several benches Bowden has brought in.

Having benches on the sideline is certainly nothing new. Requiring the players actually sit on the benches, in assigned seats, to watch the game, however, is a little different.

Bowden said there are two main goals of having the players sit.

"It helps us be more organized on the sideline," he said. "We have two rows of benches and plenty of room in between the two for our trainers and the equipment they need. When we need a player we should know exactly where he is sitting.

"The other advantage is keeping the players rested. Football is the only team sport where you ask guys to stand for three hours. In any other sport when a player comes out of the game he sits down. Hopefully, this helps keeps our legs fresh."

The rest of the article can be found at the link.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: Bowden's Players Have Assigned Seats
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 01:38:08 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 01:53:04 PM »
I wonder if he did this so the fans could see him on the sidelines?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 02:03:21 PM »
I wonder if he did this so the fans could see him on the sidelines?

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

I wonder if the helmets are numbered and lined up just so...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2009, 02:20:11 PM »
Maybe my memory's not so good anymore, but I could have sworn he did the same thing at Auburn.  When the O was on the field, the entire D was seated and vice-versa.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.