Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Roger Schultz, again...

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Roger Schultz, again...
« on: September 08, 2009, 07:58:29 PM »
Today I was lucky enough to hear 20 minutes of the morning show he hosts. 

The entire 20 minutes was spent with him ranting about being sick of hearing "wildcat this, wild bronco that" and fuming because "this isn't NEEEEEEWWWWWWW people.  It's just the single wing." 

And

"If you realy want to know, this offense goes back to the Bama teams of the 30s. They ran the same thing."

And, when asked for a link to websites or other information regarding the offense the Tahd ran in the 30s.

"What, I got to prove everything now?  Look, if you want to be exact, Gene Stallings invented this offense in 1992 with David Palmer.  The only difference is he didn't go around everywhere bragging about it and giving it a funky nickname.  So there you go.  Gene Stallings invented the Wildcat.  And Bama's been running it since 1930." 

That idiot needs to get off the air. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Re: Roger Schultz, again...
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 08:05:57 PM »
Quote from work today:

"Auburn can't really claim a win against La Tech.  That's a preseason game.  Bama wins real games against real teams like Virginia Tech."

When I asked him about FIU next week...

"You can't schedule big ones each week.  You've got to take a breather every now and then." 

When his idiocy is pointed out and after the explanation of how maybe we took a deep breath to begin the season...

"Auburn's too scared of getting shut out again.  How many times has Auburn been shut out?  It's been a bunch lately." 

He's the maintenance man's helper at our school. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 08:11:20 PM »
They talk a lot of shit about a team they've never beaten. The closest they've come to beating them is when that piece of trash Dustin McClintock tackled the kicker and started punching the daylights out of him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 10:32:46 PM »
Today I was lucky enough to hear 20 minutes of the morning show he hosts. 

The entire 20 minutes was spent with him ranting about being sick of hearing "wildcat this, wild bronco that" and fuming because "this isn't NEEEEEEWWWWWWW people.  It's just the single wing." 

And

"If you realy want to know, this offense goes back to the Bama teams of the 30s. They ran the same thing."

And, when asked for a link to websites or other information regarding the offense the Tahd ran in the 30s.

"What, I got to prove everything now?  Look, if you want to be exact, Gene Stallings invented this offense in 1992 with David Palmer.  The only difference is he didn't go around everywhere bragging about it and giving it a funky nickname.  So there you go.  Gene Stallings invented the Wildcat.  And Bama's been running it since 1930." 

That idiot needs to get off the air. 
I heard that.  30 minute drive.  Aside from a single mention of South Alabama, it was Bama wall-to-wall.  Not even a teaser that they had an Auburn segment coming up.  In the past, they'd at least do a Bama segment followed by an Auburn segment and switch it up on alternating days, but they've gone far beyond homerism these days.  Honestly, it's never been the same since McCready was canned.  I read it somewhere else, but the point is valid:  With South fielding a football team, Auburn's taken third place in the Mobile media, damn near on par with Southern Miss.  It's awful.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 10:43:33 PM »
There's a great day a'coming

Wow. I used to look like Jimmy. Now that we're older, fat and bald, I still do.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 10:46:23 PM by boartitz »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2009, 08:05:25 AM »
I heard that.  30 minute drive.  Aside from a single mention of South Alabama, it was Bama wall-to-wall.  Not even a teaser that they had an Auburn segment coming up.  In the past, they'd at least do a Bama segment followed by an Auburn segment and switch it up on alternating days, but they've gone far beyond homerism these days.  Honestly, it's never been the same since McCready was canned.  I read it somewhere else, but the point is valid:  With South fielding a football team, Auburn's taken third place in the Mobile media, damn near on par with Southern Miss.  It's awful.

The difference between Schultz and random office mates or guys off the street is that this clown is on the airwaves in the second (or third) largest market in the state spilling this kind of drivel.

As bad as Brien Straw was, Roger Schultz is worse.  He is without peer the worst radio host I have ever had the displeasure of listening to.  

As much as I enjoy listening to sports-talk radio, I'm turning them off.  

Before I do, I will listen one more day, write down the name of every advertiser on the show and call them individually to tell them I will never patronize their business while they support that abomination.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 08:08:05 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Sensi

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2009, 08:38:49 AM »
It's not just him. Finebaum couldn't even recount the Auburn scoring summary correctly. (He had us up 13-7 at half before giving a FG that brought La Tech closer.) I guess he was preoccupied with Babs on the way.  :taunt:

Roger Schultz is a skinnier piece of shit than he used to be, but he is still arrogant and annoying.

Mobile is lost to the Bammers...
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 08:39:31 AM by Sensi »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2009, 09:20:42 AM »
Quote from work today:

"Auburn can't really claim a win against La Tech.  That's a preseason game.  Bama wins real games against real teams like Virginia Tech."

When I asked him about FIU next week...

"You can't schedule big ones each week.  You've got to take a breather every now and then."  

When his idiocy is pointed out and after the explanation of how maybe we took a deep breath to begin the season...

"Auburn's too scared of getting shut out again.  How many times has Auburn been shut out?  It's been a bunch lately."  

He's the maintenance man's helper at our school.  

enough said.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2009, 09:54:29 AM »
It was a special kind of train wreck this morning.  Short bus special.  He talked over callers, announced the time and temperature at inopportune times, disconnected callers by accident, threw in a "Good Afternoon" at one point, tried to get callers to answer a trivia contest before they even asked the question, you name it.  They actually talked about Auburn today, but spent more time on the 3-2 game last year than the one coming up this weekend.  I want to quit listening.  I really do.  But when a bammer calls in to bitch about the AP poll disrespecting them, and then tries to massage JoePa and Bowden's numbers so that the Bear is still the winningest coach, I experience such strong feelings of rage and amusement in equal parts, that I just can't help myself.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2009, 10:17:48 AM »
It was a special kind of train wreck this morning.  Short bus special.  He talked over callers, announced the time and temperature at inopportune times, disconnected callers by accident, threw in a "Good Afternoon" at one point, tried to get callers to answer a trivia contest before they even asked the question, you name it.  They actually talked about Auburn today, but spent more time on the 3-2 game last year than the one coming up this weekend.  I want to quit listening.  I really do.  But when a bammer calls in to bitch about the AP poll disrespecting them, and then tries to massage JoePa and Bowden's numbers so that the Bear is still the winningest coach, I experience such strong feelings of rage and amusement in equal parts, that I just can't help myself.
I know the feeling. I still listen to/read Finebaum for this same reason. I'm masochistic like that, I guess.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Sensi

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2009, 10:21:28 AM »
 :s&m:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2009, 10:25:14 AM »
I know the feeling. I still listen to/read Finebaum for this same reason. I'm masochistic like that, I guess.
He has the only show in B'ham thats worth a shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2009, 10:26:39 AM »

What a truly sad statement of fact.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2009, 10:45:52 AM »
...and that is why I heart XM Radio.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2009, 11:35:13 AM »
...and that is why I heart XM Radio.
D&B is actually pretty good for legitimate sports talk focused on local sports. They're bammers, but they admit it, and still are far less biased than those that claim to maintain an air of neutrality.

They're on the AM station up against the round table from like 10-2, so no one gets to listen...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2009, 11:50:14 AM »

I tried to listen to get an advertiser list, but I couldn't do it.  Ten minutes was enough. 

I heard him ramble on and on over the little Jewish guy Shirvanian (who SUUUUUUKKKKKKKSSSSSSS).  At one point the little Jewish guy said something about running a clip from the guy who does Athlon and Rog rampaged on by taking calls, hanging up on people and talking until he was out of breath. 

The guy is HORRIBLE. He's just plain awful. 

He's like Rick and Bubba took speed. 

But the Bammer suckup is ungodly. 

"We shore is glad to finullay have somebody up on here who know about that there college footballs.  You played the game, you know the SEC, Roger. God we are bless to have you up on here. It's such a breath of air."

I can't stand it.  I'm going back to listening to Lex and Terry.  I hate Lex and Terry.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions