Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Cyclone Watch

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: Cyclone Watch
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2009, 11:36:10 AM »
Facts are a bitch, aren't they? If Rhodes wins 5 games or more this season, what is the excuse going to be for why he can win with the same players Chizik couldn't?
The matter is I believe 5-19 is really indicitave of his coaching there. As I said in another thread, you put Urban Meyer, Steve Spurrier, Nick Saban, Pete Carrol, etc up there, I bet they can manage better than 5 wins in two seasons even if they are getting the same caliber of talent as ISU is getting today. I think those four coaches were, for the most part, pretty hot and had good records transitioning from assistants to head coaches. I never said he probably wouldn't luck into a single win all year. Thats simply you dramatizing it.
No idea, and don't really care for that matter.
Ok.
One win against an overmatched Louisiana Tech and I'm well on my way to my argument that he isn't that great of a head coach being exposed? Oooooook then. He certainly didn't fall flat on his face against them, but hell, you guys were ready for a MNC appearance after the ULM last season because everything looked so damn good. I'm certainly not holding ULM against Chizik and his staff, simply illustrating that shit can happen.
Everything you just posted was complete and utter bullshit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2009, 11:40:33 AM »
Everything you just posted was complete and utter bullshit.
At no point through out your ramblings did you represent anything even remotely representing fact. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2009, 11:43:03 AM »
At no point through out your ramblings did you represent anything even remotely representing fact. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

What's a penguin doing here?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2009, 11:46:48 AM »
He certainly didn't fall flat on his face against them, but hell, you guys were ready for a MNC appearance after the ULM last season because everything looked so damn good. I'm certainly not holding ULM against Chizik and his staff, simply illustrating that shit can happen.
I don't remember anyone talking about an MNC appearance after the LaMo game last year.  We punted on our first six possessions in that game, fer chrissakes.  There were some shots at bammers about beating a team they lost to in '07, sure, but MNC?  I don't think Chizad's the only one dramatizing in this thread.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2009, 11:51:40 AM »
I don't remember anyone talking about an MNC appearance after the LaMo game last year.  We punted on our first six possessions in that game, fer chrissakes.  There were some shots at bammers about beating a team they lost to in '07, sure, but MNC?  I don't think Chizad's the only one dramatizing in this thread.

What he said....

In fact, most of us were making excuses about the fact that we played so shitastically with thoughts of Franklin just doesn't want to show his hand, thats not the whole playbook, we were just playing a base offense.  Most of us though there might be issues from the get go we just wanted to wait 2 or 3 games to see if it was first game jitters or what.  Unfortunatly, it wasn't first game jitters we just sucked. I'm sure I could go back and look, I know for fact this is what I felt, your welcome to dig if your inclined to try and prove me wrong, I am sure you could find some opposite cases.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 11:54:22 AM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2009, 11:58:16 AM »
Facts are a bitch, aren't they? If Rhodes wins 5 games or more this season, what is the excuse going to be for why he can win with the same players Chizik couldn't?
The matter is I believe 5-19 is really indicitave of his coaching there. As I said in another thread, you put Urban Meyer, Steve Spurrier, Nick Saban, Pete Carrol, etc up there, I bet they can manage better than 5 wins in two seasons even if they are getting the same caliber of talent as ISU is getting today. I think those four coaches were, for the most part, pretty hot and had good records transitioning from assistants to head coaches. I never said he probably wouldn't luck into a single win all year. Thats simply you dramatizing it.
No idea, and don't really care for that matter.
Ok.
One win against an overmatched Louisiana Tech and I'm well on my way to my argument that he isn't that great of a head coach being exposed? Oooooook then. He certainly didn't fall flat on his face against them, but hell, you guys were ready for a MNC appearance after the ULM last season because everything looked so damn good. I'm certainly not holding ULM against Chizik and his staff, simply illustrating that shit can happen.

I don't care if ISU wins 10 games. At this point...it doesn't matter. Chizik is the coach at Auburn now and because the season has started, we don't have to look at what he did at previous teams and situations to see how he is going to do...want to know why? CAUSE WE CAN LOOK AT THE FIELD ON SATURDAY AND NOT FUCKING SPECULATE ANYMORE! The ISU/Auburn comparison was fine before because there was nothing for Auburn fans to ljudge Chizik on other than ISU. Now that is not the case...so judging Chizik on ISU is fucking ridculous...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2009, 12:02:17 PM »
I don't care if ISU wins 10 games. At this point...it doesn't matter. Chizik is the coach at Auburn now and because the season has started, we don't have to look at what he did at previous teams and situations to see how he is going to do...want to know why? CAUSE WE CAN LOOK AT THE FIELD ON SATURDAY AND NOT FUCKING SPECULATE ANYMORE! The ISU/Auburn comparison was fine before because there was nothing for Auburn fans to ljudge Chizik on other than ISU. Now that is not the case...so judging Chizik on ISU is fucking ridculous...
Actually, I very much agree with this. If he turns out to be good at AU, then lesson learned. But if he turns out to be shit tastic or mediocre, then the nobody wins at ISU argument would be a fail.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2009, 12:02:29 PM »
BTW the real point of this thread is just to keep an eye on how the Cyclones do.  Even if Paul Rhodes wins 10 games or 2 games this year IMO you still can't compare the two teams. A head coach is only as good as his assistants, and Chizik had different assistants at Iowa State as does Coach Rhodes. Players react differently, competition is different, towns are different, crowds are different.  a Tiger can not be compared to an Elephant, no matter how hard the elephant tries to make itself cooler.

Case in point...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2009, 12:03:46 PM »
Damn you and your mad typing skillz!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2009, 01:03:24 PM »
Damn you and your mad typing skillz!

I take that as "good post"?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2009, 01:06:47 PM »
I take that as "good post"?
You should take that as saying the same thing as me only quicker (so naturally- good post).  Although mine was better and had video evidence.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 01:08:00 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2009, 01:32:37 PM »
Agree. Essentially this is what I was trying to articulate but couldn't.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2009, 01:43:41 PM »
But if he turns out to be shit tastic or mediocre, then the nobody wins at ISU argument would be a fail.

This is a dumbshit statement.

If Chizik fails at Auburn, then Ames isn't a blackhole?

What the fuck are you trying to say, because you can't possibly be this stupid.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

RWS

« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2009, 02:32:50 PM »
This is a dumbshit statement.

If Chizik fails at Auburn, then Ames isn't a blackhole?

What the fuck are you trying to say, because you can't possibly be this stupid.
Sorry, I was talking about the excuse as far as the argument that was made relating directly to Chizik. Didn't really word that correctly. I understand that ISU is pretty much a black hole. But if you get a good enough coach he can coach that up to something halfway decent. Other coaches proven that they couldn't coach it up. Some did. Relative to what ISU is capable of, anyways. I would say if Chizik was having some 6 or 7 win seasons up there, that would be pretty good in terms of ISU. Anyways, my statement was relative and I wasn't very clear on that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2009, 02:36:24 PM »
Sorry, I was talking about the excuse as far as the argument that was made relating directly to Chizik. Didn't really word that correctly. I understand that ISU is pretty much a black hole. But if you get a good enough coach he can coach that up to something halfway decent. Other coaches proven that they couldn't coach it up. Some did. Relative to what ISU is capable of, anyways. I would say if Chizik was having some 6 or 7 win seasons up there, that would be pretty good in terms of ISU. Anyways, my statement was relative and I wasn't very clear on that.

Fair enough. I still contend that a two year window is rarely enough time for a coach to put his stamp on the program. There was a slide happening in Ames when Chizik got there and it takes time to reverse a trend like that.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2009, 02:53:39 PM »
I don't get the "what's the excuse if Rhodes wins with Chizik's players" thing.  If Rhodes wins more, Chizik was a failure?  If they're the same players, they're older, more experienced, mature.  Schedule is different.  Teams play differently.  How could this possibly matter when it comes to Chizik in the present, and still be a barometer of his success???  That was a stretch.  ...anyways.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2009, 02:56:28 PM »
I don't get the "what's the excuse if Rhodes wins with Chizik's players" thing.  If Rhodes wins more, Chizik was a failure?  If they're the same players, they're older, more experienced, mature.  Schedule is different.  Teams play differently.  How could this possibly matter when it comes to Chizik in the present, and still be a barometer of his success???  That was a stretch.  ...anyways.
That is, if Chizik has similar results (say less than a 5 or 6 win season) at AU. But, the season has started. So, the comparisons won't be needed one way or another after a while.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2009, 03:13:53 PM »
That is, if Chizik has similar results (say less than a 5 or 6 win season) at AU. But, the season has started. So, the comparisons won't be needed one way or another after a while.

One doesn't have anything to do with the other.  It won't be a valid comparison...EVER.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2009, 03:18:48 PM »
So does this mean that if Rhodes only wins 2 or 3 games, we can't point to it and say, "SEE!  ISU is a black hole of suck!"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2009, 03:21:42 PM »
So does this mean that if Rhodes only wins 2 or 3 games, we can't point to it and say, "SEE!  ISU is a black hole of suck!"

Can't we do that anyway?

We already do it to teams that ARE in the SEC.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."