Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

SO, Chizik Critics....

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: SO, Chizik Critics....
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2009, 12:30:50 PM »
Damn nice take considering the source.   :thumbsup:

All last week had to listen bammers, and some media talking about how we'd lose this game, or at least not cover the spread.  All from the same "y'all were bad last year and nothing's changed at Auburn" dumbass perspective.  Things have changed.  It was just one game though, but last year we'd have floundered around, dicked off, cried, and gotten worse as the game wore on.  They played through adversity, and some bad calls made the penalty stats look worse than they should have.  Turnovers won't do.   

Todd completed 65% of his passes, threw a couple of very nice balls, and in general looked as I predicted...servicable.  He'll only get better.  How much remains to be seen...the OL helped him, and the running game a lot.  Can they hold up against better SEC teams?  The running game?  Two 100 yard rushers...I don't care who it was...that's pretty good when you note we had 250 passing too.  Even against such an opponent, 500 yards of total offense has been a long time coming at Auburn. 

The bottom line...unlike last year, we handled lesser competition the way lesser competition should have been handled...the backups got some playing time at the end...and we covered by double digits.  The atttitude was far different this year.   If they improve like a team should, and stay healthy, this team will do better than 6 wins and the Weed Eater bowl.  A couple of breaks and who knows?

Right now, I'm ok with what I saw in a season opener for the most part.

^^^Bingo^^^

I'll add that I saw more energy on the sidelines, in the first game, than I saw ALL year last year.  And I'm not just talking about Coach Chizik chewing on the refs ear after that Garbage PI call.  I'm talking about Coach Malzahn getting into the Defensive Huddle, during timeouts.  I'm talking about Coach Troop back bumpin' the Defensive players comin' off the field.  I'm talkin' about Coach Malzahn getting up in Chris Todd's grill...not to curse him, but to ask him what he saw, what the coverage was...basically testing him, to see if he was making the right type of reads.  Also, the Halftime adjustments was nice to see again.  Todd under center for a few plays, was nice to see, especially the change of pace quick snap, while the Defense was suckin' wind.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Sensi

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2009, 06:18:04 PM »
Slow your roll, Chopper.

It was one game. A good win - yes, but it was one game.

I think Mississippi State is going to give us some trouble.

But it was a good way to start the year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2009, 06:38:08 PM »
Slow your roll, Chopper.

It was one game. A good win - yes, but it was one game.

I think Mississippi State is going to give us some trouble.

But it was a good way to start the year.

Slow my roll??  I just asked for the opinion of people that were uber critical of Chizik.  It wasn't a chest bump, or post to flame.  I even AGREED with Kaos's assessment.  Slow YOUR roll and pay fucking attention.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2009, 06:57:24 PM »
Slow my roll??  I just asked for the opinion of people that were uber critical of Chizik.  It wasn't a chest bump, or post to flame.  I even AGREED with Kaos's assessment.  Slow YOUR roll and pay fucking attention.

I'm too broke to pay attention.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Sensi

« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2009, 07:12:21 PM »

Chill out.  :cheers:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2009, 07:15:20 PM »

Watch him. He's more concerned with terrorists and killing classmates than blowjobs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2009, 07:40:40 PM »
Watch him. He's more concerned with terrorists and killing classmates than blowjobs.

All you can do is shake your head boar.....  :sad:

...in other news, I just ate a 17 oz ribeye that I marinaded in a Smith & Wollensky sauce and a few other ingredients for a few hours...  I have been to the top of Steak Mtn....and it is good.

That Smith & Wollensky shit is awesome!  Highly recommend!!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Sensi

« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2009, 08:13:48 PM »
I have chops in the oven now.

I'll have to try some of that sauce. Looks tasty.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2009, 08:14:53 PM »
All you can do is shake your head boar.....  :sad:

...in other news, I just ate a 17 oz ribeye that I marinaded in a Smith & Wollensky sauce and a few other ingredients for a few hours...  I have been to the top of Steak Mtn....and it is good.

That Smith & Wollensky shit is awesome!  Highly recommend!!!!
Pics?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2009, 08:27:10 PM »
Pics?

Should have.  It WAS beautiful!    :vn:

Figured I'd eat something good tonight before I get back on the road in the morning and eat crap basically the rest of the week.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2009, 08:40:07 PM »
Fuck your Man vs. Food 17 oz. challenges.  A 10 oz. filet dusted with the finest of powdered marinade from "The Cellar" in Dothan.  Well, a Winn Dixie filet (The Cellar was closed) but dusted up right.

New potatoes cut up and sprinkled with garlic powder, onions, butter and swiss cheese, wrapped up tight and put in a grilling basket on the Weber for 35-40 minutes.  Just cleaned up the kitcken, mixed up a fresh Knob Creek and Coke and here I am....conversing with you reprobates. 

Damn, you guys are buzz killers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2009, 09:25:02 PM »
I got all you faggots beat.  1 packet of chicken flavored Ramen Noodles and 2 grilled cheese with a Dr. Pepper.  Beat that....you can't, so don't even try.  I'm livin' high on the Hog.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2009, 09:30:21 PM »
I got all you faggots beat.  1 packet of chicken flavored Ramen Noodles and 2 grilled cheese with a Dr. Pepper.  Beat that....you can't, so don't even try.  I'm livin' high on the Hog.

Daayyyuuumm boy, has Food Network sent the contracts yet.  Cause you gots culinary skillzz.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2009, 09:38:22 PM »

Daayyyuuumm boy, has Food Network sent the contracts yet.  Cause you gots culinary skillzz.
Yeah, it's layin' on da table, somewhere.  I just don't wanna spread my secret recepies, so I think I'm going to pass.  Don't get me started on my Mac and Cheese with Grape Kool-aid to wash it down with.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2009, 09:39:10 PM »

He eats it all out of a Pimp Cup.  There is nothing higher. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2009, 09:54:26 PM »
He eats it all out of a Pimp Cup.  There is nothing higher. 

Did you really scarf down a 17 oz.er..?

What sides?  That's a beefy butt steak.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2009, 09:57:47 PM »
His colon weeps.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2009, 10:12:38 PM »
Did you really scarf down a 17 oz.er..?

What sides?  That's a beefy butt steak.

Yes.  I did.  I had some steamed veggies on the side (broccolli, rice...)  It was fantastic.

In an ironic twist, I've got some of those Healthy Choice nuke and eat dinners in my bag for this week.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2009, 10:57:25 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2009, 11:08:05 PM »
The steak will cleanse.

Son, you are spot on.  Nothing like 15 pounds of undigested red meat to properly cleanse the colon.  It's my motto.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions