Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

SO, Chizik Critics....

SO, Chizik Critics....
« on: September 06, 2009, 11:39:43 AM »
...What's your opinion of the first game?  Not a flame post, I'm just curious to what level your expectations were met, exceeded, nothing?   

Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Re: SO, Chizik Critics....
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 11:58:57 AM »
Yeah, I am interested to see what you guys think too. I like what I see. I had a lot of optimism coming into the game yesterday and I liked what I saw. The coaches really seem to work well together and more importantly, the players seem to LOVE the coaches and seem to be having fun. I read in the paper that the PLAYERS gave the game ball to Chizik. Every quote was how well prepared they were and that the coaches brought a different evergy to the sidelines during the game.

I am not saying Auburn can go 13-0, but I see Auburn being competitive in every game....barring injuries...

I am ready to see this offense against an SEC defense!

And you fucks that downed Chizik forever, need to be as vocal about this game as you have all year. If you can't see positive things happening at Auburn, you are fucking blind....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 12:18:18 PM »
I am ready to see this offense against an SEC defense!
I can agree with this. I didn't see the game, but the first half looks like it was pretty rough. You can mark that up to nerves and alot of other things, I'm sure. I'd like to see what happens against a halfway-quality opponent though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 12:28:19 PM »
I'd like to see what happens against a halfway-quality opponent though.

I would say LA Tech was "halfway-quality" you ignorant fuck. I wouldn't even say the first half was "rough"...i think Auburn had 270 yards of offense the first half. We fumbled going in to score and also had a penalty on the opening drive that killed us...I think Kodi scores a TD on third and short from about the 10 without the penaly...but we settled for a FG.

Your shit is getting old...
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 12:30:43 PM by War Eagle!!! »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2009, 12:51:50 PM »
I would say LA Tech was "halfway-quality" you ignorant fuck. I wouldn't even say the first half was "rough"...i think about had 270 yards of offense the first half. We fumbled going in to score and also had a penalty on the opening drive that killed us...I think Kodi scores a TD on third and short from about the 10.

Your shit is getting old...
Same story as last season. AU would rack up a shitload of yards, and nobody could understand how the fuck you could rack up so many yards and still look like shit. Halfway quality? As we all know, La Tech returned a shitload of starters from last season. Lets see some stats from last year's 8-5 La Tech team, shall we?

Out of 119 teams:

Rushing Offense: 27
Passing Offense: 102
Passing Efficiency: 108
Scoring Offense: 72
Total Offense: 75

Rushing Defense: 13
Pass Efficiency Defense: 81
Pass Defense: 113
Total Defense: 73

Who wants to argue that the WAC is a tough conference? I don't really think AU's first half is indicitave of anything other than nerves, and getting some bugs worked out. I'm not saying that due to the first half performance, AU will forever suck. Simply saying that La Tech isn't that good of a team, even if they are returning 17 starters.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2009, 12:57:35 PM »
Same story as last season. AU would rack up a shitload of yards, and nobody could understand how the fuck you could rack up so many yards and still look like shit. Halfway quality? As we all know, La Tech returned a shitload of starters from last season. Lets see some stats from last year's 8-5 La Tech team, shall we?

Out of 119 teams:

Rushing Offense: 27
Passing Offense: 102
Passing Efficiency: 108
Scoring Offense: 72
Total Offense: 75

Rushing Defense: 13
Pass Efficiency Defense: 81
Pass Defense: 113
Total Defense: 73

Who wants to argue that the WAC is a tough conference? I don't really think AU's first half is indicitave of anything other than nerves, and getting some bugs worked out. I'm not saying that due to the first half performance, AU will forever suck. Simply saying that La Tech isn't that good of a team, even if they are returning 17 starters.

Nobody here is claiming they are world beaters either, but they don't suck.  They are very experienced and a bowl team from last year.    

Look, let's put it this way.  I think what more people are happy about isn't beating LA Tech.  It's the way that we beat them and the execution that went into the gameplan and win.

We might have won the first game last year, but if you remember a lot of folks were NOT happy about HOW we won that game.  We didn't look like we had a clue at times.

Our players last night looked like they were educated, knew what they were doing, and confident in executing what was laid in front of them.

JMO... Your constant referral to stats and bullshit is misplaced here.  

« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 01:35:48 PM by AuburnChopper2.0 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2009, 01:04:05 PM »
I personally was thrilled that there was no prairie dog imitation last night - that was so ridiculous...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2009, 01:05:38 PM »
I personally was thrilled that there was no prairie dog imitation last night - that was so ridiculous...

We had a few "meerkat manor" moments, but at least it was the exception last night and not the rule like last year.  That was awful last year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Aubie16

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2009, 01:25:48 PM »
We had a few "meerkat manor" moments, but at least it was the exception last night and not the rule like last year.  That was awful last year.

And the difference was it was only the QB, RB, and WR's that stood up this year. The lineman remained in their stance.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2009, 01:46:52 PM »
...What's your opinion of the first game?  Not a flame post, I'm just curious to what level your expectations were met, exceeded, nothing?   

Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.

Fucking crickets...amazing...

People damn sure ran their mouths up until this point...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2009, 01:55:20 PM »

Oh, it'll come.  There'll be something wrong here.  I guarantee it.   I'm just curious is all...   I feel better about 7 to 8 wins with this offense...  Defense has GOT to stay healthy, but we played last night without two DE's and two LB's.  I don't know, but I do feel better about things. 

I wouldn't have cared if we won that game by a point, as long as we looked like we could execute.  THAT was the biggest thing that stood out to me.  Also, going down to get that FG with 30 seconds on the clock.  That is a MOONSHOT difference in our mentality over the last few years.  Aggressive.  I liked that a lot and it seemed to really lift the team.

We came out in the second half and forced three straight three and outs.  We shut them down after some obvious adjustments.

I'm just curious what someone that has a more "scrutinizing" view might have seen....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2009, 02:00:58 PM »

Yep. There are some (at least 2) very disappointed people waking up this morning. They must be out cutting the grass or cleaning the gutters. Anything that will help them come up with the perfect witty quip about how State is going to rip us a new one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2009, 02:16:18 PM »
Yep. There are some (at least 2) very disappointed people waking up this morning. They must be out cutting the grass or cleaning the gutters. Anything that will help them come up with the perfect witty quip about how State is going to rip us a new one.
All right, children.  One game does not a season make - either plus or minus.  I am happy with the way things went last night.  The media seems to be making positive statements as well.  But it is still too early to declare anything to be a total success or a total failure.  So please don't start this shit up again...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2009, 02:19:05 PM »
All right, children.  One game does not a season make - either plus or minus.  I am happy with the way things went last night.  The media seems to be making positive statements as well.  But it is still too early to declare anything to be a total success or a total failure.  So please don't start this shit up again...

I don't think anyone is claiming a victory party...there have just been some here that say Chizik will be an epic failure. Based on last nights game, and the obvious organization and preparation, I would think it would erase some bit of doubt...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2009, 02:36:01 PM »
BWAAA HAAA HAAAA....

I figured.  One game.  One game in and some are already breaking their arms trying to pat themselves on the back.  

I'll write later, but first let me laugh my phuking ass off at some of the knee jerk instant gratification phuks around here.  One game is one game.  

I'll also laugh heartily at the number today who are solidly on the Chizik bandwagon and calling for accountability when just a few days ago they were sitting so hard on the fence they've got splinters in their colon.  Do people really think that nobody remembers anything they've ever said before?  Meh. Whatever. 

Quick observations?  

Point differential between the first game this year and last is about the same.  Quality of opponent is about the same. First half went about the same.  

AU won 34-0 (if you remember) to open last season and the back patters (same ones basically) were poopting the floor giggling over how brilliant they were then, too.  (How many rushing yards did we have in the season opener last year? 321?)

All that in the books?  There were some differences.  Last night was much better in terms of the little things. Todd still didn't look great, but he at least looked competent.  He made several nice throws but he made some ridiculously bad ones, too.

The Sunday morning after the ULM game there were a thousand red flags flying and a dozen alarm bells ringing.  There aren't as many flags today.  And the bells are mostly quiet.  

It was a fairly solid start. Todd answered questions about his arm strength if not his ability to be the quarterback.  His decision-making was still a little sketchy, but the good news is that it seemed to get better as the game progressed. Looked like he gained half a season's worth of confidence.

Burns answered questions about why he's not the guy (that off-balance, psycho throw was hideous).  SEC teams will quickly gather that if he's in the game, he's running the ball 95% of the time.  Doesn't make it any easier to defend, though.

Team answered questions about its mental makeup. Could have broken down after the fumble going in.  Didn't. Converted drives for touchdowns and not field goals.

Team got stronger as the game wore on.  

Defense made some stupid mistakes, but played well overall.

Last year I felt like shooting people after the opener. Especially the sunshine and unicorn phuks who couldn't see what was clearly obvious.  

Today? I don't feel like shooting anything. It was an encouraging start.  It's just one game, but it went about as well as it could have for Auburn.

Good start.  
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 02:39:22 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2009, 02:41:52 PM »
These guys fed us a heaping spoonful of bama media fed horseshit all off season. Based on their rantings, I fully expected to see a keystone cops remake on the sideline. I was prepared to see Chizik having to be shown how to run onto the field, because you know he's to dumb to figure it out on his own. I anticipated Gus's "gimmick CUSA" offense struggle to gain 75 yards of total offense against a WAC defense.

These chicken littles ruined the offseason for me and negatively impacted the joy I got coming to this forum. For that, they must pay.

In their eyes, it won't be an Auburn victory as it will be a LT defeat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2009, 02:55:32 PM »
BWAAA HAAA HAAAA....

I figured.  One game.  One game in and some are already breaking their arms trying to pat themselves on the back.

Who is doing this?

I'll write later, but first let me laugh my phuking ass off at some of the knee jerk instant gratification phuks around here.  One game is one game.

This is why you have a hard time.  WHY is this necessary???  ...and who EXACTLY are you referring to?  

Quick observations?  

Point differential between the first game this year and last is about the same.  Quality of opponent is about the same. First half went about the same.  

AU won 34-0 (if you remember) to open last season and the back patters (same ones basically) were poopting the floor giggling over how brilliant they were then, too.  (How many rushing yards did we have in the season opener last year? 321?)

All that in the books?  There were some differences.  Last night was much better in terms of the little things. Todd still didn't look great, but he at least looked competent.  He made several nice throws but he made some ridiculously bad ones, too.

The Sunday morning after the ULM game there were a thousand red flags flying and a dozen alarm bells ringing.  There aren't as many flags today.  And the bells are mostly quiet.  

It was a fairly solid start. Todd answered questions about his arm strength if not his ability to be the quarterback.  His decision-making was still a little sketchy, but the good news is that it seemed to get better as the game progressed. Looked like he gained half a season's worth of confidence.

Burns answered questions about why he's not the guy (that off-balance, psycho throw was hideous).  SEC teams will quickly gather that if he's in the game, he's running the ball 95% of the time.  Doesn't make it any easier to defend, though.

Team answered questions about its mental makeup. Could have broken down after the fumble going in.  Didn't. Converted drives for touchdowns and not field goals.

Last year I felt like shooting people after the opener. Especially the sunshine and unicorn phuks who couldn't see what was clearly obvious.  

Today? I don't feel like shooting anything. It was an encouraging start.  It's just one game, but it went about as well as it could have for Auburn.

Good start.  

Agree with all of this.  All we were looking for, without the bullshit of course.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 03:04:25 PM by AuburnChopper2.0 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2009, 03:02:50 PM »
Holy Crap Chop....I think you have now become the Master of the Quote Function, lol.  Jumbo will be pleased, he has taught you well Grass Hoppa.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2009, 03:35:10 PM »
Agree 100%. Had Burns been the starter, we might have won the game by 1 or 2 points. Could have lost it, too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2009, 12:18:36 PM »
BWAAA HAAA HAAAA....

I'll also laugh heartily at the number today who are solidly on the Chizik bandwagon and calling for accountability when just a few days ago they were sitting so hard on the fence they've got splinters in their colon.  Do people really think that nobody remembers anything they've ever said before?  Meh. Whatever. 

Quick observations?  

Good start.  

Damn nice take considering the source.   :thumbsup:

All last week had to listen bammers, and some media talking about how we'd lose this game, or at least not cover the spread.  All from the same "y'all were bad last year and nothing's changed at Auburn" dumbass perspective.  Things have changed.  It was just one game though, but last year we'd have floundered around, dicked off, cried, and gotten worse as the game wore on.  They played through adversity, and some bad calls made the penalty stats look worse than they should have.  Turnovers won't do.   

Todd completed 65% of his passes, threw a couple of very nice balls, and in general looked as I predicted...servicable.  He'll only get better.  How much remains to be seen...the OL helped him, and the running game a lot.  Can they hold up against better SEC teams?  The running game?  Two 100 yard rushers...I don't care who it was...that's pretty good when you note we had 250 passing too.  Even against such an opponent, 500 yards of total offense has been a long time coming at Auburn. 

The bottom line...unlike last year, we handled lesser competition the way lesser competition should have been handled...the backups got some playing time at the end...and we covered by double digits.  The atttitude was far different this year.   If they improve like a team should, and stay healthy, this team will do better than 6 wins and the Weed Eater bowl.  A couple of breaks and who knows?

Right now, I'm ok with what I saw in a season opener for the most part.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions