Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Hog Fans:

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Hog Fans:
« on: January 01, 2008, 03:11:56 PM »
Looks like Petrino's making quite a difference.
This is the team that beat LSU in their last game?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

Re: Hog Fans:
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 03:26:21 PM »
Looks like Petrino's making quite a difference.
This is the team that beat LSU in their last game?

In all fairness to our Arkansas bretheren, Petrino is not coaching the bowl game.  Reggie Herring (DC) is the interim coach.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 03:55:53 PM »
Oh, I'm a tard.
Still, that was one ugly game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2008, 04:51:10 PM »
Oh, I'm a tard.
Still, that was one ugly game.

Agreeance on all points.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Skip

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2008, 10:51:57 PM »
Unbelievable game.

Somebody took a payoff.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2008, 12:11:42 PM »
Unbelievable game.

Somebody took a payoff.

It did look like DMac was trying to just get out of there without an injury. He did not seem to give any extra effort after he was touched. Sad. Felix Jones looked better.

I wonder if Mizzou watched the AU game to see how to stop DMac?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2008, 01:25:49 PM »
Unbelievable game.

Somebody took a payoff.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2008, 02:41:51 PM »

He wont by a Phantom 28's wont fit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2008, 09:57:29 PM »
Definitely a sad effort.  You could tell from the beginning they didn't have their heads in the game.  Same thing happened at Tenn.  It's a shame HDN wasn't still around to be blamed, that's where most would've pointed the finger.  I guess the coaches have some responsibility, but the players just flat didn't show up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2008, 10:43:12 PM »
It's a shame HDN wasn't still around to be blamed, that's where most would've pointed the finger.  I guess the coaches have some responsibility, but the players just flat didn't show up.
This is more or less what I meant by my original comment about Petrino making a difference. What I should have said was not having Nutt making all the difference.
I think you made that guy a scapegoat big time. Not that I thought he was a world beater by any means, but you guys acted like he was Corky from Life Goes On. Looks like your team just blows.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CharlieHog

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2008, 09:01:33 AM »
This is more or less what I meant by my original comment about Petrino making a difference. What I should have said was not having Nutt making all the difference.
I think you made that guy a scapegoat big time. Not that I thought he was a world beater by any means, but you guys acted like he was Corky from Life Goes On. Looks like your team just blows.

Why shouldn't he be responsible? He recruited the team didn't he? He hired the assistant coaches didn't he?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2008, 09:03:24 AM »

Why shouldn't he be responsible? He recruited the team didn't he? He hired the assistant coaches didn't he?

He woulda called the same plays brotha.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Razorhawk

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2008, 04:56:20 PM »
It was an odd situation with assistant coaches coaching the game.  Some of those assistants have already accepted employment at Ole Miss, which might lead one to believe a slight conflict of interest, or at the least a lack of interest.  The other assistants were probably more concerned with finding future employment.  Not exactly a recipe for success.

All the while Petrino was out recruiting, trying to get some talent to Fayetteville. 

Personally, I wish that when Nutt bolted to Ole Miss, we would have dismissed all the assistants that were moving on to Oxford and done the best we could without them.  Not sure how the results could have been any worse.  (Oh, and I said this at the time, not just after the Cotton Bowl.)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2008, 11:45:16 PM »
I guess my point was that coaches, even more so than quarterbacks, get too much of the credit or too much of the blame.  Regardless of who was coaching, the players didn't have their heads in the game.  If HDN was still the coach, that would have been blamed on him when ultimately it is up to the players to show up ready to play.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CharlieHog

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2008, 04:58:02 PM »
I guess my point was that coaches, even more so than quarterbacks, get too much of the credit or too much of the blame.  Regardless of who was coaching, the players didn't have their heads in the game.  If HDN was still the coach, that would have been blamed on him when ultimately it is up to the players to show up ready to play.

It's the coaches job to make sure the players show up.

And Arkansas lost the game because Missouri was a better team.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2008, 11:46:05 PM »
I got started writing a big dissertation on my thoughts about coaching and motivation, but decided to nix it.  We'll just have to disagree.  I bet if you ask the players, they know who's fault it is they showed up flat.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions