Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Just so it's in one place...

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: Just so it's in one place...
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2009, 09:42:56 AM »
I think Todd has re-injured his shoulder and they are keeping their lips shut.
Dumb.

I wish that were the case, but he can still throw 40+ yard bombs, just into double coverage.

In that case, then no, I don't believe the past two games were aberrations. And I'm pretty sure I'm right.
Dumb.

So you were "right all along" and those of us who said we weren't going 3-9 this year were completely ignorant, uninformed, and unversed in the game of football. Yet, if what you say were the case, we were world beaters until our starting quarterback got injured, and this shows your vast superiority of football knowledge? This makes your predictions of ineptitude for our entire team, including and especially Todd, correct because he got injured? This makes those that said we could have a decent season this year ignorant?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ibelonginprison

• Bama... As cool as AIDS
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2009, 01:28:29 PM »
Dumb.

Not entirely dumb.  If anyone here has had an old sports injury *raises hand* sometimes cold and humidity will cause it to act up.  I spent most of last night nursing my knees with advil and wine.

Sure he "threw 40 yard bombs" but with no-where NEAR the zip and fire that he previously had, and almost each time the receiver had to turn around to wait for the ball.

Not saying this is the case, or that I even truly think this is what's happening, (I haven't made up my mind yet) but it certainly can't be dismissed as hogwash just yet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Bama fans make me want to punch babies...

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2009, 03:14:39 PM »
Dumb.

I wish that were the case, but he can still throw 40+ yard bombs, just into double coverage.
Dumb.
Yeah, he can still throw some downfield, but does the look of that throw remind you of any particular year? He's back to throwing some rainbows and lame ducks. I would guess that he is hurt again, and the cold really doesn't help. I'm pretty sure I'm right. If you think I'm wrong, then thats your opinion. Can you come up with any legitimate proof that he HASN'T re-injured his shoulder? I doubt it. I can point out alot of Saturday's game to back my statement up, though. Sure, I might be wrong, but I think I am right on this one.

So you were "right all along" and those of us who said we weren't going 3-9 this year were completely ignorant, uninformed, and unversed in the game of football. Yet, if what you say were the case, we were world beaters until our starting quarterback got injured, and this shows your vast superiority of football knowledge? This makes your predictions of ineptitude for our entire team, including and especially Todd, correct because he got injured? This makes those that said we could have a decent season this year ignorant?
My comment about being right was in reference to him being re-injured. I don't think the past two games will be aberrations because I believe he is injured again and I believe I am right in my guess. Jesus, sometimes I wonder if you would not get yourself so worked up, if you could actually understand what people are actually saying here. You get into such a rush to be defensive, you get defensive about the wrong thing.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 03:16:26 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

ibelonginprison

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2009, 04:00:37 PM »
Yeah, he can still throw some downfield, but does the look of that throw remind you of any particular year? He's back to throwing some rainbows and lame ducks.

Jesus... I agree with a bammer....

End me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2009, 05:05:38 PM »
Yeah, he can still throw some downfield, but does the look of that throw remind you of any particular year? He's back to throwing some rainbows and lame ducks. I would guess that he is hurt again, and the cold really doesn't help. I'm pretty sure I'm right. If you think I'm wrong, then thats your opinion. Can you come up with any legitimate proof that he HASN'T re-injured his shoulder? I doubt it. I can point out alot of Saturday's game to back my statement up, though. Sure, I might be wrong, but I think I am right on this one.
My comment about being right was in reference to him being re-injured. I don't think the past two games will be aberrations because I believe he is injured again and I believe I am right in my guess. Jesus, sometimes I wonder if you would not get yourself so worked up, if you could actually understand what people are actually saying here. You get into such a rush to be defensive, you get defensive about the wrong thing.

Another fuck who doesn't know the rules. 

When you make a statement, it is NOT incumbent on the person who calls you on it to prove you are wrong.  If you say he has injured his shoulder the burden of proof is on YOU to prove that statement.  If you have X-rays, MRI results, the opinion of the team doctor or something with which to substantiate your claim, please provide it. 

It is not -- and never will be -- the burden of the person questioning your claim to provide proof that you are incorrect.  YOU made the statement.  YOU back it up. 

This is a problem around here. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2009, 05:09:45 PM »

When you make a statement, it is NOT incumbent on the person who calls you on it to prove you are wrong.  If you say he has injured his shoulder the burden of proof is on YOU to prove that statement.  If you have X-rays, MRI results, the opinion of the team doctor or something with which to substantiate your claim, please provide it. 

It is not -- and never will be -- the burden of the person questioning your claim to provide proof that you are incorrect.  YOU made the statement.  YOU back it up. 

Show me proof where this is a problem around here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

ibelonginprison

« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2009, 05:12:51 PM »

He's back to throwing some rainbows and lame ducks. I would guess that he is hurt again, and the cold really doesn't help.

There's his reasoning.  And it has merit.  He's THROWING like he was last year when his shoulder was still bad.  We sit here and read your conjectures daily and don't ask for a fucking note from the school nurse to allow you to post what you think.

Short of an open admission by the University, which would make him canon fodder for the rest of the year, what else can you come up with to "prove" it.  You can't.  But his evidence does allow for the theory.

However, Todd didn't suddenly "forget" how to throw hard.  Sure, a bad game is in the cards for everyone now and then, so who's to say that he just wasn't in a funk.  But at the same time it's hard not to give this angle a valid look.

Cold and humidity do weird things to injured joints.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2009, 05:18:42 PM »
Those that were at the game saw a wide variety of passes from Todd.  Now granted, they were all off target but he still rifled some throws, like the one to Fannin in front of the student section.  That was about a 35 yard bullet....that should have been a touch pass for 6.  Can anyone explain how his newly torn up shoulder launched one 50-60 yards downfield and over the head of Zachary against Arky?

I don't have a clue if it really is hurt or not.  And until the team rteleases info saying it is, I'm going by what I saw.  Erratic as hell...yes.  Little confidence..yes.  Injured...no.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

ibelonginprison

« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2009, 05:38:53 PM »
Those that were at the game saw a wide variety of passes from Todd.  Now granted, they were all off target but he still rifled some throws, like the one to Fannin in front of the student section.  That was about a 35 yard bullet....that should have been a touch pass for 6.  Can anyone explain how his newly torn up shoulder launched one 50-60 yards downfield and over the head of Zachary against Arky?

I don't have a clue if it really is hurt or not.  And until the team rteleases info saying it is, I'm going by what I saw.  Erratic as hell...yes.  Little confidence..yes.  Injured...no.

*actual question*
How cold was it during the Arky game?

I know that after this past Saturday, my knees and I had a come to Jesus talk with a pile of Advil and Aleve.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions