Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Chopper's Dumbass & His Stupid F'ing Opinion...

Chopper's Dumbass & His Stupid F'ing Opinion...
« on: August 29, 2009, 10:29:14 AM »
...that is often referred to with virtually no reference by certain people on here.  I'm not sure I've ever been paid this much attention to, especially by folks that claimed to ignore me, let alone bring me up in post after post after post.  So, let me actually put my dumbass opinion out there for all to see.

I'd like to reiterate that this is an OPINION.  I don't know if any of this is fact.  Like most others, I was not gifted with the ability to tell the future.  If I did, I'd be in Vegas baby!  However, nay.

This may be shockingly simple, but really, what else do we have?   We have a whole lot of, well, not much.  Not much to go on here when it comes to Gene Chizik as HC at Auburn.  He simply hasn't been there long, and he hasn't coached a game yet. 

Let me go point by point:
1. Am I happy with the hire?  I think if you went back to the day the announcement was made, I had my pitchfork sharpened, torch, matches and was lacing up my bootstraps.   Then, a little common sense hit me.  Like most, I was pissed because Chizik was so out of left field. Nobody expected it.  We were all looking for a bigger name, and had just gone through an embarrassment with Turner Gill.  We had interviewed everyone short of my mother to coach.  It sucked.  I simply figured, I have to trust, that even though the timing of his hire couldn't be worse due to expectations of the fans, that people intimate with the situation knew better.  These are highly educated men, that could not afford a major mistake in hiring a HC.  Their lives, families lives and job security ALL depended on THIS hire.   So, I put my pitchfork, torch down, put my flipflops back on and decided to watch, and see.

2. Coaches?  Who can argue with who he's hired as a staff???? (Well, we know one or two that certainly will.)  Malzahn?  There are some here that would have been probably happier if we had hired HIM as HC.  We got him anyway.  Roof?  A former HC at Duke, and a coach that brought a Big Ten cellar dwellar respectable defenses at Minnesota.  Between Roof and Chizik, I like our D.  Trooper and Luper?  Serious recruiting presence and by all accounts know what the hell they're doing at their positional responsibilities. 

3. Recruting? Well, I believe that they've got Auburn back into conversations where it had dissappeared here recently.  In the living rooms of top recruits.  I don't believe that Auburn will score loads of top talent in the first year or two simply because, we've got words and big weekends on top of NO results on the field yet.  If we pull a few major recruits, show some results on the field (win or lose), I believe we'll see an uptick in the recruiting over the next few years.

4. Todd as QB?  Well, let's face it.  He was dealing with just a little bit last year.  Coaches fucking up behind the curtain, and fucking each other in the mouth in front of it also.  Injury to his throwing shoulder.  I'm not a doctor, don't play one on TV, but I'm almost certainly positive that it effected his throwing abilities.  No, we didn't know that a lot of last year, but having that information now, certainly can't be ignored..although some do anyway.  An offensive line blocking from a two point stance and grossly underweight.  Do I need to go on?  I think if he came in, and understands the offense, executes it, has the players backing (which appears to be so from what I've seen or read), WINS the preseason competition to get the starters job, then I'm willing to support it.  I've been on the road talking bricks and steel to customers, not watching the QB's practice and throw footballs.  I'll leave this one up to the coaches right there.  Could he curl up in a little ball continuously and lay a turd?  Sure.  You'll have to ask others for that one, certainly they seem to already know.

5. Other QB's?  They must suck if Todd wins the job, right?  Absolutley not.  It just MIGHT be possible that Todd knows, and can execute the offense better right now.  Kodi happily took a WR position in support of Todd.  Tells me something.

6. Ames vs. Auburn.  I think we almost all universally agree what a shitbag place Ames is compared to Auburn football speaking.  I've lived near or in both.  They're just is NOT the same thing. 

7. Season Prediction?   Shoot, I seriously hope we finish with a winning record.  I don't know if we will or not.  Depth is going to be an issue this year, and that's going to be something that we've got to get used to.  If our offense can execute, then I'm hoping we can have early success in games and outscore a few folks.  If we can't score, we're dead. Period.   I think this year will probably be a lot like last year in a sense that we'll be in a lot of games, even a few we shouldn't, but in the end, it'll be an even split on the wins and losses.

I'm more interested in how the kids respond.  How the coaches respond.  How the recruits see it.  Will Auburn fold like a cheap deck chair, or grind games out like AU vs. LSU '04, or other great games.  Not sure.  It's all brand new.

So, I suppose I'm a middle of the road guy.  I've allowed myself to use enough common sense to understand that this season could go either way.  They're my Auburn Tigers, just as much as any other one of you out there.  I want only the best.  I see things a little rosier than some sometimes, because I want to see my team do well.  One thing I won't do is ignore circumstance and facts to form an opinion, only to call it fact.  That's for others to do. 

In closing....... WAR FUCKING EAGLE BABY!  ONE WEEK!!!!!!  Regardless of what happens, the drumline will march the band into JHS, Nova will take flight, the big board will play a bone chilling entrance theme and the crowd will go freaking crazy bringing every hair on your body to a standing ovation.  It will be beautiful, if nothing else, because it's Auburn, and I FUCKING LOVE IT.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Chopper's Dumbass & His Stupid F'ing Opinion...
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 11:05:58 AM »
I've allowed myself to use enough common sense to understand that this season could go either way.  They're my Auburn Tigers, just as much as any other one of you out there.  I want only the best.  I see things a little rosier than some sometimes, because I want to see my team do well.  One thing I won't do is ignore circumstance and facts to form an opinion, only to call it fact.  That's for others to do. 

*sigh*

Fuck it.  Definitely not worth my time. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 03:15:08 PM »
I think AU would be on a little better footing offensively with a different OC. Maybe I'm just biased, because I'm not big on these "system" guys. What I don't like about the majority of these systems is that you have to wrap your players around the system. Don't get me wrong, you can't deny the numbers the offense put up at Tulsa. Unbelievable fucking numbers there. I just like OCs that are a little more flexible, and multiple. I really believe that your offense should play to the strengths of what personnel you have, not the other way around. Using such a philosophy, really, almost every year it would be difficult for opponents to figure out what you're going to do. Last year Alabama was a running team for the most part, because thats what the team's strength was. This year, we're going to be passing alot more, because thats what our strength will be. Your offense should be flexible towards your players. I just don't see that with system OCs like Franklin, Malzahn, etc. I also think middle of the road SEC defenses will eat it up, due to the gimmicks. If those gimmicks don't work, its going to be a long day for the offense.

Anyway, for all I know, AU's offense will destroy all. I know thats not what you're saying will happen, and I'm not arguing against it. Simply stating my opinion on why I think Malzahn will not be around AU for too long.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2009, 06:11:25 PM »
I think AU would be on a little better footing offensively with a different OC. Maybe I'm just biased, because I'm not big on these "system" guys. What I don't like about the majority of these systems is that you have to wrap your players around the system. Don't get me wrong, you can't deny the numbers the offense put up at Tulsa. Unbelievable phuking numbers there. I just like OCs that are a little more flexible, and multiple. I really believe that your offense should play to the strengths of what personnel you have, not the other way around. Using such a philosophy, really, almost every year it would be difficult for opponents to figure out what you're going to do. Last year Alabama was a running team for the most part, because thats what the team's strength was. This year, we're going to be passing alot more, because thats what our strength will be. Your offense should be flexible towards your players. I just don't see that with system OCs like Franklin, Malzahn, etc. I also think middle of the road SEC defenses will eat it up, due to the gimmicks. If those gimmicks don't work, its going to be a long day for the offense.

Anyway, for all I know, AU's offense will destroy all. I know thats not what you're saying will happen, and I'm not arguing against it. Simply stating my opinion on why I think Malzahn will not be around AU for too long.
I think your opinion of Coach Malzahn is a little off.  Yes he does have his system, but that system will be tailored to fit our strengths.  If you want a flexible type OC, then you'd want your seasoned QB to throw for a sh1t load of yards and have a sh1t load of TDs, a seasoned RB to have a large amount of rushing yards and have another young RB have a large amount of receiving yards and a decent amount of rushing yards.

Then, the next year have a to replace that three year starter with a unseasoned QB, only to have that QB throw for a sh1t load of yards and have a sh1t load of TDs, the same seasoned RB from the year before has more carries and a lot more rushing yardage.

I know that most of this was done against CUSA competition.  But, if you take a deeper look into Tulsa's recruiting, you'd see that their recruiting rankings (2003-2007) were only above UAB, SMU, Rice and UTEP.

(2003-2007) CUSA's Average Recruiting:
Houston..............67.0

Southern Miss......74.0

Memphis..............74.6

East Carolina........74.8

Tulane................77.4

Central Fla...........79.4

Marshall...............81.8

Tulsa...................88.6

UAB.....................90.6

SMU....................90.6

Rice....................96.8

UTEP..................100.6
($1 to StatTiger)

Here's what I was talking about.....

QB Paul Smith, Jr. (2 Star Recruit)
350 Att.
233 Comp.
2,727 Yards Passing
15 TDs
29th Rated QB in the Country
141.0 QB Rating

2007 *Coach Malzahn's first year*

QB Paul Smith, Sr.
544 Att.
327 Comp.
5,065 Yards Passing
47 TDs
4th Rated QB in the Country
159.8 QB Rating

RB Tarrion Adams, So. (2 Star Recruit)
Rushing
219 Att.
1229 Yds.
8 Tds.

Receiving
30 Rec.
301 Yds.
3 Tds.

FB Charles Clay, Fr. (2 Star Recruit)
Rushing
57 Att.
304 Yds.
1 Tds.

Receiving
69 Rec.
1,024 Yds.
7 Tds.

QB David Johnson, Jr. (2 Star Recruit)
400 Att.
258 Comp.
4,059 Yards Passing
46 TDs
2nd Rated QB in the Country
178.8 QB Rating

RB Tarrion Adams, Jr.
Rushing
247 Att.
1523 Yds.
14 Tds.

Receiving
23 Rec.
213 Yds.
1 Tds.

FB Charles Clay, So.
Rushing
25 Att.
145 Yds.
2 Tds.

Receiving
38 Rec.
464 Yds.
9 Tds.

And that's just the starting QBs, RBs and FB.  So, you tell me, does that say that Coach Malzahn is only going to go by his system and not be flexible...damn the torpedoes?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2009, 06:35:53 PM »
Alabama will not be straying from the path they are on.  They will not become more of a passing team than last year...at least there won't be any significant difference.  Nick Saban runs the show and his show is pound, pound, play action...defense, defense, defense.

It's tried and true.  It will always be successful regardless of how the landscape changes in college football and he will always do it that way.  If he tries to switch it up, it will be the beginning of the end.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

RWS

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2009, 08:15:17 PM »
And that's just the starting QBs, RBs and FB.  So, you tell me, does that say that Coach Malzahn is only going to go by his system and not be flexible...damn the torpedoes?
I'll try to find the interview that I saw the other day where Malzahn says something about getting the players to fit into his system. I don't know if it was a recent interview and I found it earlier in the week, or if it was current and I saw it when it came out. I just know I read that earlier in the week and I was like "Damn....". You can copy/paste all the stats your little heart desires. The same thing was done when you were defending Tony Franklin. We all heard about how all of those gaudy stats just had to translate to something, and there was no way it was just the system. I simply think systems such as Franklins, and Malzahn's, won't really work out in the SEC. Now, another thing I believe in, is talent. I do really believe that if you have seriously legit talent at many positions on the field, you can do things that are very simplistic with excellent results. I would maybe budge off of my belief a little if you guys were stacked with some very serious clearly talented guys. You guys are fielding alot of "projects" this season, as you did last season. I just don't see it happening.

If you think Malzahn can produce a 5,000 yard passer in the SEC, you are out of your fucking mind. I don't know if you actually think this, I'm just making a general statement. I don't think he will produce a 1,500 yard rusher either. If I'm proven wrong, I will have no problem admitting that, though. I think you guys need some serious talent to run this thing in the SEC. The problem is, with some of the guys yall are bringing in, it looks like they're still recruiting to play in the Big 12. I think you guys will have a problem bringing in a bigtime QB that will pan out as well in the future. Alot of NFL teams are shying away from QBs out of these "systems". Look at Graham Harrell. He broke every passing record at aTm. He has the second most passing yards in the NCAA. Ever. What team is he playing for in the NFL again? Alot of teams will use that sort of thing against AU on the recruiting trail, imo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Greaseyweasel

• Love Auburn, Hate chizik. 'nuff said.
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2009, 08:16:10 PM »
Your welcome to your opinions and the rest of us,,,well we reserve the right to point out how you have chosen to allow this shit to happen with no repercussions for the fuckers in the near future.
While it is true there is nothing that can be done about this abortion of a coaching staff at this moment by putting down your pitchfork and pissing on your torches you have chosen to allow the monster to ravage the town for much much longer than it should. As for the people who put their jobs and families livelihoods on the line, well that is their job. Some people don't have sense enough to do their job, yet they get to keep it, that is one of the major problems with American business these days.
Sub mediocrity in the performance of your duties does not get you fired anymore.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You've got to learn to stand for something

or you'll fall for anything.

RWS

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2009, 08:17:28 PM »
Alabama will not be straying from the path they are on.  They will not become more of a passing team than last year...at least there won't be any significant difference.  Nick Saban runs the show and his show is pound, pound, play action...defense, defense, defense.

It's tried and true.  It will always be successful regardless of how the landscape changes in college football and he will always do it that way.  If he tries to switch it up, it will be the beginning of the end.
Don't get me wrong, Alabama isn't going to abandon the run game. I agree with you that he is big on pounding the ball. However, I think he really trusts McElwain and their philosophies match up well. I really think they will open it up a little more this season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2009, 08:46:12 PM »
Your welcome to your opinions and the rest of us,,,well we reserve the right to point out how you have chosen to allow this poop to happen with no repercussions for the phukers in the near future.
While it is true there is nothing that can be done about this abortion of a coaching staff at this moment by putting down your pitchfork and pissing on your torches you have chosen to allow the monster to ravage the town for much much longer than it should. As for the people who put their jobs and families livelihoods on the line, well that is their job. Some people don't have sense enough to do their job, yet they get to keep it, that is one of the major problems with American business these days.
Sub mediocrity in the performance of your duties does not get you fired anymore.
And there are people like YOU, that doesn't have sense....Period.  So, when Auburn doesn't fall flat on their face, like you keep insinuating, are you going to be sad?  If Coach Chizik gets a raise after this year, because of the performance, is that going to tear your little world apart?  Note: I'm not saying that Auburn is going to go undefeated or even close to being undefeated, so don't go full retard with your little response.

I just feel that Auburn will field a better team, and in most cases around the bammer media here in Alabama, a LOT better team than people are predicting.  And the fact that bammers are scoffing at the idea that Auburn can even field a competitive team for the Iron Bowl, just shows that they're so Fukin' Ignorant that they don't realize how Arrogant they are.  Charles Barkley said it best, when he said that the bammer fans aren't just sore, losers, that they're even more so when they win.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2009, 09:01:39 PM »
I'll try to find the interview that I saw the other day where Malzahn says something about getting the players to fit into his system. I don't know if it was a recent interview and I found it earlier in the week, or if it was current and I saw it when it came out. I just know I read that earlier in the week and I was like "Damn....". You can copy/paste all the stats your little heart desires. The same thing was done when you were defending Tony Franklin. We all heard about how all of those gaudy stats just had to translate to something, and there was no way it was just the system. I simply think systems such as Franklins, and Malzahn's, won't really work out in the SEC. Now, another thing I believe in, is talent. I do really believe that if you have seriously legit talent at many positions on the field, you can do things that are very simplistic with excellent results. I would maybe budge off of my belief a little if you guys were stacked with some very serious clearly talented guys. You guys are fielding alot of "projects" this season, as you did last season. I just don't see it happening.

If you think Malzahn can produce a 5,000 yard passer in the SEC, you are out of your phuking mind. I don't know if you actually think this, I'm just making a general statement. I don't think he will produce a 1,500 yard rusher either. If I'm proven wrong, I will have no problem admitting that, though. I think you guys need some serious talent to run this thing in the SEC. The problem is, with some of the guys yall are bringing in, it looks like they're still recruiting to play in the Big 12. I think you guys will have a problem bringing in a bigtime QB that will pan out as well in the future. Alot of NFL teams are shying away from QBs out of these "systems". Look at Graham Harrell. He broke every passing record at aTm. He has the second most passing yards in the NCAA. Ever. What team is he playing for in the NFL again? Alot of teams will use that sort of thing against AU on the recruiting trail, imo.
Maybe you didn't see the passing attempts go down from the year 1, when Tulsa had a Senior QB, to year 2 when they were breaking in a new QB.  And the rushing attempts went up from year 1 to year 2.  That shows you that Coach Malzahn went with his strengths from year 1 to year 2.  I think you guys will have a problem  of ever bringing in a bigtime QB that will pan out....much less an NFL caliber QB.  Also, Harrell played in the 5 wide all the time, even in the redzone, batshet crazy Mike Leach system at Texas Tech, not Mike Sherman's aTm.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Greaseyweasel

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2009, 09:58:12 PM »
And there are people like YOU, that doesn't have sense....Period.  So, when Auburn doesn't fall flat on their face, like you keep insinuating, are you going to be sad?  If Coach Chizik gets a raise after this year, because of the performance, is that going to tear your little world apart?  Note: I'm not saying that Auburn is going to go undefeated or even close to being undefeated, so don't go full retard with your little response.

I just feel that Auburn will field a better team, and in most cases around the bammer media here in Alabama, a LOT better team than people are predicting.  And the fact that bammers are scoffing at the idea that Auburn can even field a competitive team for the Iron Bowl, just shows that they're so Fukin' Ignorant that they don't realize how Arrogant they are.  Charles Barkley said it best, when he said that the bammer fans aren't just sore, losers, that they're even more so when they win.

So just how bad will he have to do to make you understand what a fucking idiot he is?
He couldn't out coach the big 12 north. What chance does he have in the SEC?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Greaseyweasel

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2009, 10:03:05 PM »
Oh and as far as everyone predicting doom and gloom at Auburn this year remember that we don't have a coaching staff worth a shit and the suckassed coaching staff is already blaming everything except the election of Obama on the previous staff, the lack of depth and some guy who was walking down the side of the road.
A winning staff would not be making excuses at this point in their tenure. They are more worried about protecting their jobs than winning games.
When the staff has written off this year what kind of year do you expect?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2009, 10:27:39 PM »
Maybe you didn't see the passing attempts go down from the year 1, when Tulsa had a Senior QB, to year 2 when they were breaking in a new QB.  And the rushing attempts went up from year 1 to year 2.  That shows you that Coach Malzahn went with his strengths from year 1 to year 2.  I think you guys will have a problem  of ever bringing in a bigtime QB that will pan out....much less an NFL caliber QB.  Also, Harrell played in the 5 wide all the time, even in the redzone, batshet crazy Mike Leach system at Texas Tech, not Mike Sherman's aTm.
If you haven't noticed, Malzahn likes to go 4-wide in the red zone. So, whats your point? He did it at Arkansas and Tulsa. Somebody here, possibly you, was touting that as something you can't wait to see not so long ago. I just don't think Malzahn has what it takes for the SEC. Cite Arkansas all you want to show he can hack it in the SEC, but if you had D-Mac and Felix Jones in your backfield at once, its hard to fuck that up. 
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 10:29:27 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2009, 11:05:35 PM »
Oh and as far as everyone predicting doom and gloom at Auburn this year remember that we don't have a coaching staff worth a poop and the suckassed coaching staff is already blaming everything except the election of Obama on the previous staff, the lack of depth and some guy who was walking down the side of the road.
A winning staff would not be making excuses at this point in their tenure. They are more worried about protecting their jobs than winning games.
When the staff has written off this year what kind of year do you expect?
Ev'rbody knows you neva go full retard....

« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 11:06:35 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Greaseyweasel

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2009, 11:22:49 PM »
Ev'rbody also knows you will reply with a cut-n-paste or a link since your inability to reply intelligently is the only thing around here weaker than chizik's body of work as a head coach.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2009, 03:28:58 PM »
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 03:33:09 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Greaseyweasel

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2009, 11:55:06 PM »
Once again you simply prove my case for me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2009, 05:59:49 AM »
Once again you simply prove my case for me.
:add:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Greaseyweasel

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2009, 06:41:22 AM »
Well I could have cut-n-pasted something stupid or added a link to a video that really added nothing or I could have clicked an emoticon but I'm sorry when it comes to lame replies thought out by someone else you have the market cornered.
Prowler you are a dumbass of merit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2009, 09:41:27 AM »
Well I could have cut-n-pasted something stupid or added a link to a video that really added nothing or I could have clicked an emoticon but I'm sorry when it comes to lame replies thought out by someone else you have the market cornered.
Prowler you are a dumbass of merit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."