Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

What does it say...

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: What does it say...
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2009, 06:26:13 PM »
BUT one i would find it hard to argue (although you may) would be Johnny Cash.  He rocked face from '55 until 2003.

Cash, yeah.  But he is country in my mind.  

It's just my opinion, but I find it semi-remarkable that a band that's been around since 1973 in various incarnations can still sell out stadium shows today -- and do so with a setlist that hasn't really changed all that much since 1980.  

Here's the setlist from the upcoming tour.  It doesn't include music from the new CD, which I'm sure it will. It's also worth nothing that it only includes three songs from post-first-breakup period. None from the 90s period, although critically and commercially those albums (Hot in the Shade, Revenge, Carnival of Souls, Psycho Circus) were relatively successful.

This is the basic core:

"Deuce"
"Strutter"
"Got to Choose"
"Hotter Than Hell"
"Nothin' to Lose"
"C'mon and Love Me"
"Parasite"
"She" (Tommy Thayer guitar solo)
"100,000 Years" (Eric Singer drum solo)
"Cold Gin" (not played at Konocti Harbor show, August 31)
"Let Me Go, Rock 'n' Roll"
"Black Diamond"
"Rock and Roll All Nite"
Encores
"Shout It Out Loud"
"Lick It Up"
"I Love It Loud" (Gene Simmons bass solo)
"I Was Made for Lovin' You" (Also not played at Konocti show, August 31)
"Love Gun" (Paul Stanley flies out to audience)
"Detroit Rock City"

Side note: It's amusing that the band has 19 studio albums and 18 compliation discs
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 06:29:29 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2009, 09:52:30 AM »
Odd. No Beth. Probably their biggest commercial hit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2009, 10:17:54 AM »
No Peter Criss to sing it?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2009, 03:17:02 PM »

Also not appearing on the setlist? The ballad Forever from the early 90s.  Most people didn't know it was KISS performing it.  Song reached number 8 on the charts (Beth peaked at 7 and I Was Made For Loving You at 11).  Also worth noting?  The band's "signature song" Rock and Roll All Nite climbed only as high as #12.

Funny that KISS' highest charting songs are those that are not typical of their sound -- and those that hard core fans generally disavow.  I don't disavow them, though.  I happen to like all of it.

Side notes about Forever

The song was a collaboration between Paul Stanley and Michael Bolton. Yes, that Michael Bolton, not the guy from Office Space.

It was also the last video Eric Carr shot with the band before succumbing to cancer.

Even though Forever was the band's second biggest single in terms of chart position, the album from which it came (Hot in the Shade, which was actually pretty decent) did not achieve platinum status.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2009, 12:34:18 AM »
Also not appearing on the setlist? The ballad Forever from the early 90s.  Most people didn't know it was KISS performing it.  Song reached number 8 on the charts (Beth peaked at 7 and I Was Made For Loving You at 11).  Also worth noting?  The band's "signature song" Rock and Roll All Nite climbed only as high as #12.

Funny that KISS' highest charting songs are those that are not typical of their sound -- and those that hard core fans generally disavow.  I don't disavow them, though.  I happen to like all of it.

Side notes about Forever

The song was a collaboration between Paul Stanley and Michael Bolton. Yes, that Michael Bolton, not the guy from Office Space.

It was also the last video Eric Carr shot with the band before succumbing to cancer.

Even though Forever was the band's second biggest single in terms of chart position, the album from which it came (Hot in the Shade, which was actually pretty decent) did not achieve platinum status.

I like the Disco hit, and Sure Know Something.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

chinook

« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2009, 01:06:07 PM »

Did all creativity stop with us?  Is there nothing new under the sun?

apparently, the program directors at cbs agree.    NCIS: Los Angeles...seriously? 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2009, 01:16:21 PM »
apparently, the program directors at cbs agree.    NCIS: Los Angeles...seriously? 

Really?  I watched it last night and thought it was pretty well done.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2009, 01:21:55 PM »
Anyone looking to watch that "Flash Forward" series starting tomorrow night?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2009, 01:32:30 PM »
Really?  I watched it last night and thought it was pretty well done.

Please to be comparing to the original?

I have it on the DVR, but I am afraid that it will not live up to standards.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2009, 01:36:32 PM »
Please to be comparing to the original?

I have it on the DVR, but I am afraid that it will not live up to standards.

I was afraid of that as well but I don't even know how to compare them.  Different pretense all together.  I am still holding out my final judgment but based on the first episode I will be DVR'ing it at least for a few more weeks and see where they take the story. 

About the only thing comparable to the original is the writing leaves a lot of room for back story to be told down the road in later episodes.

I would give it a view and see what you think.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

chinook

« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2009, 12:55:51 AM »
Really?  I watched it last night and thought it was pretty well done.

perhaps, but i find the show a bit cliched and lacking innovation.  there are plenty of other shows on cbs, as well as the other networks, that present the same formula.

i guess, i'm looking for something new, fresh and original besides reality shows and crime dramas.  heros has me coming back on mondays but outside of that, i've been a bit disappointed. 

comedies...did anyone watch community?  thoughts?

« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 01:01:09 AM by chinook »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2009, 10:52:20 AM »
comedies...did anyone watch community?  thoughts?   
Meant to watch it - forgot to set the DVR.  Was it funny?  I like Joel McHale on The Soup.

We watched Modern Family last night - the show with Al Bundy in it.  It was pretty good.

And Grey's Anatomy starts tonight!!! :clap: :clap:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2009, 10:54:40 AM »
hulu.com

I watched community, wasn't lol funny, but I thought it was good.  I will continue to DVR.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2009, 10:59:30 AM »
hulu.com

I watched community, wasn't lol funny, but I thought it was good.  I will continue to DVR.

also fancast.com  for NCIS
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2009, 11:06:40 AM »
Meant to watch it - forgot to set the DVR.  Was it funny?  I like Joel McHale on The Soup.

We watched Modern Family last night - the show with Al Bundy in it.  It was pretty good.

And Grey's Anatomy starts tonight!!! :clap: :clap:
Grey's Anatomy is fucking awful.  I'd rather go to a Lady Gaga concert with a just paroled animal fucker...then watch that show.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2009, 11:17:51 AM »
Grey's Anatomy is fucking awful.  I'd rather go to a Lady Gaga concert with a just paroled animal fucker...then watch that show.

Not possible.  Chop is on house arrest for 6 months as part of his probation.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2009, 11:24:22 AM »
Not possible.  Chop is on house arrest for 6 months as part of his probation.

She's already taken a ride on my disco stick.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions