Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Great...

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Great...
« on: August 26, 2009, 08:55:01 AM »
http://blog.al.com/press-register-sports/2009/08/auburn_football_notebook_tiger.html

Auburn football notebook: Tigers guarding against spread of flu
Posted by EVAN WOODBERY, Sports Reporter August 26, 2009 5:00 AM
Categories: Auburn Football
Tyrik Rollison takes part in Auburn's scrimmage Aug. 15. The freshman quarterback did not practice on Tuesday because he had the flu, Auburn coach Gene Chizik said.

AUBURN -- Quarterback Tyrik Rollison was held out of practice with a case of the flu Tuesday, a precaution that coach Gene Chizik said was to keep the virus from spreading.

"I don't like to talk about the details of injuries, but the flu's going around, and we're trying to do everything we can to keep it from spreading to our team," Chizik said. "(Rollison) will be fine. He's just got a touch of the flu."

The Opelika-Auburn News reported that 17 football players at Opelika High sat out due to flu-like symptoms. Auburn High's team had more than 10 such absences.

INJURY WATCH: Linebacker Eltoro Freeman was one of a handful of injured players who returned to action Tuesday. He was joined by receiver Terrell Zachery and linebacker Adam Herring. Herring has been out since the spring, but will add depth to Auburn's thin linebacking corps.

Linebackers Jonathan Evans and Spencer Pybus, offensive lineman Darrell Roseman and A.J. Greene, and tight end Robert Cooper remain out due to injury.

Defensive back Aairon Savage visited practice with a large cast or boot on his leg. Savage injured his Achilles' tendon this summer and is presumably out for the season. He would have to apply for a sixth year of eligibility from the NCAA if he chooses to return in 2010.

GONE-TEZ? The status of senior receiver Montez Billings continues to get cloudier.

Billings appeared to be preparing to work with the scout team during the portion of practice that was open to the media Tuesday, suggesting he won't play immediately in 2009.

Chizik said he had no update on Billings' playing status.

"I don't really know exactly where we are with that, but obviously we're going to be paying close attention to that in the next few days," he said.

Chizik said the decision was in "somebody else's hands."

That seemed to contradict receivers coach Trooper Taylor's comments two days ago.

"It's really at the head coach's discretion, to be honest," Taylor said. "As far as I'm concerned, he's really done everything we've asked him to do. Again, I didn't set that rule. Coach did, and he's going to make that decision when he's ready."

BRIEFLY: Walk-on offensive lineman Rudy Odom, who has struggled with injuries for much of his career, is no longer listed on Auburn's roster. Odom signed with the Tigers in 2005 as a scholarship player, left the team and later returned as a walk-on. ... Auburn defensive end Antonio Coleman has signed on to provide a weekly diary for Sporting News Today. The Tigers' Sen'Derrick Marks did so last year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: Great...
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 10:40:14 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 01:21:39 PM »
What I hate about this article is the subtle dig that chicken licking fuck Evan Woodburiedinhisass gets in.  He always finds some way to throw in a snide comment or slap at what's going on.  I hate the cum eater.

"I don't really know exactly where we are with that, but obviously we're going to be paying close attention to that in the next few days," he said.

Chizik said the decision was in "somebody else's hands."

That seemed to contradict receivers coach Trooper Taylor's comments two days ago.

"It's really at the head coach's discretion, to be honest," Taylor said. "As far as I'm concerned, he's really done everything we've asked him to do. Again, I didn't set that rule. Coach did, and he's going to make that decision when he's ready."

Now do I doubt that pass-the-buck Chiz either had no idea or was talking out his ass?  No. But I just hate the way that Woodburiedinhisthroat penis does this every single time he writes about AU.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 02:10:28 PM »
Petrino sent it over to Athens as well...

UGA reports swine flu cases

By Shelia M. Poole

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

At least 20 University of Georgia students have been confirmed to have novel H1N1 since Aug. 14, a school spokeswoman said.

Liz Rachun said the students with the illness, widely known as swine flu, have been seen through the UGA Health Center.

“It’s definitely here at the University of Georgia,” she said. “These numbers are likely to escalate over the next few days.”

Rachun said sick students are being asked to return home, if possible, or to isolate themselves so they don’t infect others on campus. So far, she said, she doesn’t know of any students who have been hospitalized.

But Louis Kudon, a district epidemiologist, cautioned that UGA may have more confirmed cases because it is part of the U.S. Influenza Sentinel Providers Surveillance Network, which helps track influenza activity.

“It’s nothing for people to really panic about,” he said.

As swine flu continues to spread across Georgia, pediatricians are seeing an increase in children with flulike symptoms. Health and school officials are anticipating a rough flu season with the seasonal flu and swine flu circulating at the same time.

A staff member at Shoal Creek Elementary School in Conyers has been diagnosed with novel H1N1 by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said a spokeswoman for the Rockdale County school system.

Rockdale County Public Schools spokeswoman Cindy Ball said the employee was hospitalized and is not a classroom teacher. She said officials are communicating with state health officials and following current CDC guidelines and recommendations.

On Monday, Cobb & Douglas Public Health officials reported two confirmed cases of this strain of H1N1 among Cobb students. And Georgia Tech is reporting 100 suspected cases of swine flu.

Although the flu is widespread in Georgia, most cases have apparently been mild or moderate.

A vaccine is not expected to be available until sometime in October.

http://www.ajc.com/news/uga-reports-swine-flu-123716.html?cxtype=rss_health_82119
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 04:17:51 PM »
I'm sure every place is just like down here, but Dothan has been slapped around by this stuff the last 2-3 weeks.  They quit testing people and just ask the symptoms and Rx a healthy dose of Tami-flu (sp?) Fortunately, it hasn't hit my house and I'm drinking heavy doses of Knob Creek Bourbon to ward off any strain of flu running around out there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2009, 08:04:40 PM »
I'm sure every place is just like down here, but Dothan has been slapped around by this stuff the last 2-3 weeks.  They quit testing people and just ask the symptoms and Rx a healthy dose of Tami-flu (sp?) Fortunately, it hasn't hit my house and I'm drinking heavy doses of Knob Creek Bourbon to ward off any strain of flu running around out there.
Knob warts off evil spirits?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2009, 11:00:55 PM »
to ward off any strain of flu running around out there.
heeheehee... I hear a drill press works wonders too - you just smash the little fuckers with it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2009, 09:13:56 AM »
Knob warts off evil spirits?