Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Applewhite / Steele leaving Bama?

Ogre

Applewhite / Steele leaving Bama?
« on: January 10, 2008, 08:40:22 AM »
I heard on WJOX this morning that orangeblood.com (Texas' Rivals site) is reporting that Major Applewhite is showing interest in the Texas OC position.  They also said that Kevin Steele interviewed for the South Alabama job.  Is it possible that both Auburn and Alabama will be changing both coordinators this offseason? 

Personally, I hope Applewhite stays.  I think Bama's offense regressed this season.  I do hope that Steele gets the South Alabama job, for 2 reasons:

1.  That would mean Eddie Gran didn't get the job and will be staying at Auburn for at least another year.
2.  He's a 2-time recruiting coach of the year, and I think he's responsible for a lot of the recruiting success they're having.  I'm not sold on his DC skillz, but the guy can recruit.

For the record, orangeblood.com is the same website that was first to report Muschamp to Texas. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
Re: Applewhite / Steele leaving Bama?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 02:40:33 PM »
I heard on WJOX this morning that orangeblood.com (Texas' Rivals site) is reporting that Major Applewhite is showing interest in the Texas OC position.  They also said that Kevin Steele interviewed for the South Alabama job.  Is it possible that both Auburn and Alabama will be changing both coordinators this offseason? 

Personally, I hope Applewhite stays.  I think Bama's offense regressed this season.  I do hope that Steele gets the South Alabama job, for 2 reasons:

1.  That would mean Eddie Gran didn't get the job and will be staying at Auburn for at least another year.
2.  He's a 2-time recruiting coach of the year, and I think he's responsible for a lot of the recruiting success they're having.  I'm not sold on his DC skillz, but the guy can recruit.

Little Nicky would have to start over, that would be funny

For the record, orangeblood.com is the same website that was first to report Muschamp to Texas. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 02:56:20 PM »
Great post Jumbo...I had no idea that was happening!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 02:57:34 PM »
Whoa Jumbo...very insightful  :thumbsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

wesfau

• Judicial Chair
  • On a gravy train with biscuit wheels.
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 02:58:22 PM »
Whoa Jumbo...very insightful  :thumbsup:

Jumbo simply hasn't mastered the quote function.  His nugget of insight is buried in there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Life can really kick your ass.  I only have a vague recollection of when it wasn't kickin' mine.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2008, 03:07:26 PM »
Jumbo simply hasn't mastered the quote function.  His nugget of insight is buried in there.
ah...I see it...Its like where's Waldo
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2008, 04:36:30 PM »

Yeah, but what I've heard is that Joe Pendre (SP? Who Fucking Cares) was the
one really calling the plays, and as far as Steele....I've got a Hunch, it's kinda really small hunch, but still a hunch nonetheless and it makes me happy God Damnit....Anyway, what was I lieing about, oh yeah..Steele will probably take the USA job and the only way we'll know about it is if they don't hire someone before signing day.  Because, from what I've heard, Coach saban has told his assisstance to Not make any moves until after signing day.  And with the way Paul Fucknut was trying to defuse that Bomb and make everyone feel better, especially the ones with any ties to any of the recruits that might've been listenin'.

that was for you J....I didn't want you to feel like you were the only Retarded person here.   :bounce: :bounce:
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 05:18:55 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Jumbo

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2008, 02:34:13 AM »
The quote function kicked my ass today! Guys those were some of the funniest comebacks I have read in a long time :vn: I fell out of my computer chair laughing! The nugget of insight  :rofl:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2008, 07:02:39 AM »
The quote function kicked my ass today! Guys those were some of the funniest comebacks I have read in a long time :vn: I fell out of my computer chair laughing! The nugget of insight  :rofl:

I'm sure you are more familiar with "stink nugget" being associated with you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Jumbo

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2008, 02:16:15 PM »
I'm sure you are more familiar with "stink nugget" being associated with you.
I can relate.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2008, 09:48:58 AM »
I think it would be as funny as hell if they had 2 coordinators leave, not that I give a fuck what happens at turdtown but they made such a big fat hairy deal about CWM it would serve them right. I can hear them now-we never did like them, Saban ran them off, better off with out them. bammer sons of bitches better hope  $teele $tays for hi$ recruiting ability.
 :pee: bammer

« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 09:50:08 AM by stewiegriffin »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Peace, Love and God Bless Auburn!

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2008, 03:19:20 PM »
Well Applewhite is as good as gone (and yes they are saying that Satan ran him off) and I for one hate to see that.  However, there is a story on dandbradio.com about MA leaving, and how he is calling recruits from bama and telling them about his new job.  That's gotta hurt your pride right there.

CMA- What's up Starr?
Starr- Not much coach.
CMA- Starr, I just wanted to let you know that I am going to be coaching in Texas next year.
Starr- Really?  Why?
CMA-  Don't tell anyone that I told you this, but Coach Saban is a real DICK, and you wouldn't believe the facilities out here.  Maybe you should schedule a visit and see for youself.  I'm tellin you, this place is like a mansion compared to the trailer park that is the Capstone.
Starr-  Cool, can you set it up coach?

I'm also sure that Dick Muschimpanzee did the same shit to us.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Lurking Tiger

• Brother
  • Table Limit
    • Clinton/Obama '08
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2008, 05:59:44 PM »
He is gone.

And he is calling recruits.

The second he quit, they should have asked him for his cell phone and contact list.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2008, 08:28:55 AM »
He is gone.

And he is calling recruits.

The second he quit, they should have asked him for his cell phone and contact list.
God I hope he is using the phone Bammer gave him...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2008, 10:01:06 PM »
When Muschamp left Auburn, it was because we were in shambles.  Tuberville had lost control of his team.  Recruits were never going to commit to Auburn.  We were on the decline.  Saban was rising to the top.  We were doomed.  DOoooOOOOOOOmmmmmeeeedddd! 

But when Appledyke leaves, they didn't want him anyway.  He wasn't really calling the plays.  Pendry was.  Appledyke was just learning how to be a good coach since he was so young. 

Honestly, who the fuck knew that Bama had two offensive coordinators?  I had no idea.  Suddenly Pendry is the main man.  I swear they're all certifiably insane.  I'm not kidding or throwing a jab at them.  If Bama got the death penalty, I'd never go to an Auburn game again.  They'd suicide bomb us. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Ogre

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2008, 01:37:38 PM »
When Muschamp left Auburn, it was because we were in shambles.  Tuberville had lost control of his team.  Recruits were never going to commit to Auburn.  We were on the decline.  Saban was rising to the top.  We were doomed.  DOoooOOOOOOOmmmmmeeeedddd! 

But when Appledyke leaves, they didn't want him anyway.  He wasn't really calling the plays.  Pendry was.  Appledyke was just learning how to be a good coach since he was so young. 

Honestly, who the fuck knew that Bama had two offensive coordinators?  I had no idea.  Suddenly Pendry is the main man.  I swear they're all certifiably insane.  I'm not kidding or throwing a jab at them.  If Bama got the death penalty, I'd never go to an Auburn game again.  They'd suicide bomb us. 

Beware the houndstooth turban!  It's a dead giveaway.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2008, 02:19:39 PM »
Beware the houndstooth turban!  It's a dead giveaway.

Sniff, sniff...smell that?  It's the aroma of a FARK in the making.  Wish I knew how.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2008, 06:36:42 PM »
Sniff, sniff...smell that?  It's the aroma of a FARK in the making.  Wish I knew how.

Bear Bryant Jihad!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2008, 11:38:53 AM »
Someone might beat me to it because I've got errands to run before the snow apocolypse that's happening in the Gump right now, but believe me, this'll be something I can work on tonight...  Bear Jihad....

Freaking CLASSIC! 

...and you thought SAW-BEAR was good....bwaahahahahahaaa.....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions