Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Kimbo Is....

Re: Kimbo Is....
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2009, 04:03:09 PM »
I don't get it.  Don't guess I ever will. 

Enjoy.

So, what you're saying is...  You don't get it.

Some people might not get the presentation...meh...whatever....  However, you can't deny that these guys are INCREDIBLY disciplined and very talented with what they do.  It's truly a world sport, and governed tightly.  I think it's fun as hell to watch, and ten times more more engaging than boxing "right now".  Boxing hasn't had a bad ass fun character, or united title belt to be won in years.  Every fight is a championship fight of some sort.  It's always some fucker that doesn't speak english, or will hug you to death in the ring.

THAT.... I have no interest in.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2009, 04:26:13 PM »
So, what you're saying is...  You don't get it.

Some people might not get the presentation...meh...whatever....  However, you can't deny that these guys are INCREDIBLY disciplined and very talented with what they do.  It's truly a world sport, and governed tightly.  I think it's fun as hell to watch, and ten times more more engaging than boxing "right now".  Boxing hasn't had a bad ass fun character, or united title belt to be won in years.  Every fight is a championship fight of some sort.  It's always some fucker that doesn't speak english, or will hug you to death in the ring.

THAT.... I have no interest in.

For boxing to be viable, it HAS to have a heavyweight champion who:

1. Is either hated or worshiped by the fans.  You have to have the lovable character or the controversial Ali's and Tysons of the world.  A fighter who is recognizable and marketable around the world.

2. Holds most of the titles.  A unified chanpion. Boxing really started hurting itself when it allowed 9 different belts to exist. The WBC, WBO, IBF, ABC, NBC, HBO...whatever.

With all the characters there have been in boxing, the bottom line is the heavyweight division is what drives it and makes people watch.     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2009, 05:22:36 PM »
With all the characters there have been in boxing, the bottom line is the heavyweight division is what drives it and makes people watch.     

The Heavyweight division has no American fighter that is worth a shit right now.  All the good ones are Russian and they are all business.  You get no good sound bites from them. 

The only characters (for a lack of better words) in boxing right now are Bernard Hopkins and Floyd Mayweather Jr.  There are a few others, but none with a mouth like those two.

For boxing to get back into the mainstream, it needs a good stable of American Heavyweights that people can get behind.  The only thing saving boxing right now is the all the hardcore fans that have HBO, Showtime, still watch Friday Night Fights and buy all the PPV's (I fall in this category).  There are some great fighters out there, none of them happen to be a heavyweight right now. The only good ones at Heavyweight are Russian and most prefer to fight across the pond.  Right now the Klitchko Brothers are dominating the heavyweight division and hold all the important belts other than the WBA.  They have already stated they will not fight each other so the chances of unifying the titles are slim to none. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan