Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

LA Tech game...

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: LA Tech game...
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2009, 11:00:12 PM »
They will smoke La. Tech's collective ass.  Get a grip people.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2009, 11:11:07 PM »
Kaos, you just listed a crap load of Head Coaches to try and prove a point that it's the Head Coaches that make the team and not their Assistants (which is completely wrong)....You do realize that Coach midget and Coach Tressel coached together at Syracuse right?  Coach Richt coached under Coach Bowden (Sr.), Coach Dye, he coached under Coach Bryant.  Hell, Coach Bryant supplied a few schools some HC off of his staff, not including Coach Dye.  Go back and take a look at all of the coaches that coached under Coach Schnellenburger (sp?) and Coach Bowden.

As for Tennessee whipping Coach Chizik and Company in recruiting, unless they found a starting QB, a few Olinemen, a couple WRs and a couple Dlinemen, I think the SEC will be safe for a couple of years.  While Coach Kiffin writes checks that his ass can't cash.

I know that Kentucky isn't the same Kentucky that they've been, neither is LaTech, kaos.  Keep looking ahead and they'll eff us in da mouf.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

This is the dumbest reply you've ever made to a post of mine in the history of some shockingly dumb replies. 

What difference does it make who the flocking flick they coached under? 

I'd attempt to reply to the rest of it, but the raw idiocy made my eyes bleed. 

Christ on a toadstool, son.  What the fletch have you been drinking? Distilled peyote?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2009, 11:14:34 PM »
Sounds like you're getting you points ready.  So that when Auburn beats LaTech by 7 points or so, you'll be ready to hit the "Post" button.  LaTech is, apparently, better than you think they are kaos, and you used to be a coach....wait, you did say that you were a football coach once, right?

The fallback position of the retarded.   :taunt:

Irrelevant.  And stupid. Sincere congratulations on two consecutive brain-dead replies.  Add a third and you'll get free membership in the Bama Alumni Association.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Sensi

« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2009, 11:15:13 PM »
I have a hard time arguing against the idea of this being a "transition coach" for Auburn.

The thing is, when it's over, it'll be over for the whole lot in the Ath. Dept.

That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it will bring more transition.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2009, 11:16:11 PM »
I know that Kentucky isn't the same Kentucky that they've been, neither is LaTech, kaos.  Keep looking ahead and they'll fuck us in da mouf.
Yes, they (La Tech) are. They happened to luck up and beat MSU, and they gave a shitty effort doing it. 15/41 passing for 161 yards and 82 rushing yards on 33 carries. Shit, ULM turned in about the same performance against AU last year and you guys stomped them into the ground.

In 2008, La Tech beat 4-8 MSU, 5-7 Southeastern Louisiana, 2-10 Idaho, 7-6 Fresno State, 6-6 San Jose State, 3-9 Utah State, 3-9 New Mexico St., and 6-7 Northern Illinois. And THAT was their best season in the past 9 years. How the fuck is that not the same ol' La Tech? They didn't beat MSU because they were that damn good, they beat MSU because MSU was just that bad.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 12:06:25 AM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2009, 11:24:20 PM »
I have a hard time arguing against the idea of this being a "transition coach" for Auburn.

The thing is, when it's over, it'll be over for the whole lot in the Ath. Dept.

That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it will bring more transition.

Transition is good when it's positive. 

I don't like Jay Jacobs, but I do think he thinks he's doing what's best for Auburn. And that's what makes him dangerous/destructive.  Who am I to say that I, or anyone else for that matter, knows what is and what isn't Auburn.  Jay played there, he got his degrees there, he's worked there all his working life.  I have no doubt that he's dedicated to Auburn.  But maybe because he hasn't been anywhere else he doesn't really understand what it is that makes Auburn unique and makes Auburn special.

I just know that I don't like the direction he has taken for the most part. I don't trust his judgment. Don't doubt the motivation, just don't like the results.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2009, 11:29:40 PM »
Not to threadjack here or anything but you can have your avatar back if you want to.  I'll give it back.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2009, 11:32:12 PM »
Not to threadjack here or anything but you can have your avatar back if you want to.  I'll give it back.

That was an inside joke and only temporary.  I'm working the serial killer angle now. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2009, 01:14:22 AM »
Yes, they (La Tech) are. They happened to luck up and beat MSU, and they gave a shitty effort doing it. 15/41 passing for 161 yards and 82 rushing yards on 33 carries. Shit, ULM turned in about the same performance against AU last year and you guys stomped them into the ground.

In 2008, La Tech beat 4-8 MSU, 5-7 Southeastern Louisiana, 2-10 Idaho, 7-6 Fresno State, 6-6 San Jose State, 3-9 Utah State, 3-9 New Mexico St., and 6-7 Northern Illinois. And THAT was their best season in the past 9 years. How the fuck is that not the same ol' La Tech? They didn't beat MSU because they were that damn good, they beat MSU because MSU was just that bad.

I'm lost.

Are we arguing that:

a) LaTech is bad;
b) MSU is bad;
c) Auburn is bad;
d) a and b, but not c;
e) a and c, but not b;
f) b and c, but not a; or
g) none of the above.

Show your work.  You have ten minutes to complete this portion of the exam.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2009, 01:24:40 AM »
I'm lost.

Are we arguing that:

a) LaTech is bad;
b) MSU is bad;
c) Auburn is bad;
d) a and b, but not c;
e) a and c, but not b;
g) none of the above.

La Tech finished 107th in passing offense last year so f all the above.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2009, 04:32:58 AM »
Kaos, you just listed a crap load of Head Coaches to try and prove a point that it's the Head Coaches that make the team and not their Assistants (which is completely wrong)....You do realize that Coach midget and Coach Tressel coached together at Syracuse right?  Coach Richt coached under Coach Bowden (Sr.), Coach Dye, he coached under Coach Bryant.  Hell, Coach Bryant supplied a few schools some HC off of his staff, not including Coach Dye.  Go back and take a look at all of the coaches that coached under Coach Schnellenburger (sp?) and Coach Bowden.

As for Tennessee whipping Coach Chizik and Company in recruiting, unless they found a starting QB, a few Olinemen, a couple WRs and a couple Dlinemen, I think the SEC will be safe for a couple of years.  While Coach Kiffin writes checks that his ass can't cash.

I know that Kentucky isn't the same Kentucky that they've been, neither is LaTech, kaos.  Keep looking ahead and they'll eff us in da mouf.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

This is the dumbest reply you've ever made to a post of mine in the history of some shockingly dumb replies. 

What difference does it make who the flocking flick they coached under? 

I'd attempt to reply to the rest of it, but the raw idiocy made my eyes bleed. 

Christ on a toadstool, son.  What the fletch have you been drinking? Distilled peyote?
Wow, you are one dumb motherfucker.  You've stated, and you stated here, that it doesn't matter who the assistant coaches are only who the Head Coach is.  Then you went on to list a long list of successful Head Coaches.  So, I just took your post, flipped it, and shoved it back down your throat, because it actually shows that to be a great Head Coach you have to have great Assistants, when some of those coaches on your little list were Assistant coaches under the older Head Coaches on that list.

You still don't see what difference it makes, who they coached under???  If Coach A has 10 soon to be Head Coaches on his staff as Assistant Coaches....that would mean he has some successful Assistant Coaches on his staff, and that would prove my point and the right point, that a Head Coach is only as good as his Assistant Coaches.

But, yeah, whenever someone destroys your little whiny post, I guess it makes it easy to reply back with...."my eyes are bleeding, blah, blah, blah...."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2009, 09:22:57 AM »
I'm lost.

Are we arguing that:

a) LaTech is bad;
b) MSU is bad;
c) Auburn is bad;
d) a and b, but not c;
e) a and c, but not b;
g) none of the above.

Prowler happened to mention in another thread that AU would be 7-0 or 6-1 going into the LSU game. However, in this thread, he mentioned that AU would not win this game by double digits and he would be happy with a 7 point spread and no injuries. I asked him how in the holy hell he expects a single-digit margin against La Tech, but still expects AU to have the aforementioned record going into LSU. Prowler contends that La Tech is a better team than alot of people give them credit for, and the only thing he has to show for that is La Tech beat MSU in their opener last season and they have 17 returning seniors on the team. Other than that, he's shown no reason why they are supposedly a good team. My point is AU should stomp these fuckers into the ground, at least, the Auburn football I have come to know and hate the past six years should.

My argument is two-pronged. My first point is that AU should beat the piss out of La Tech. There is no reason not to. My second point is La Tech is not as good as Prowler suggests, and that he is only greatly lowering the bar so that anything beyond his explanation is a bonus. I don't know how you can possibly look at the past decade of Auburn football, and then pray to God that you beat La Tech. So far, he hasn't provided any counterpoint to my argument, so I'm pretty sure I'm spot on at this point.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2009, 09:59:06 AM »
Wow, you are one dumb mothereffer.  You've stated, and you stated here, that it doesn't matter who the assistant coaches are only who the Head Coach is.  Then you went on to list a long list of successful Head Coaches.  So, I just took your post, flipped it, and shoved it back down your throat, because it actually shows that to be a great Head Coach you have to have great Assistants, when some of those coaches on your little list were Assistant coaches under the older Head Coaches on that list.

You still don't see what difference it makes, who they coached under???  If Coach A has 10 soon to be Head Coaches on his staff as Assistant Coaches....that would mean he has some successful Assistant Coaches on his staff, and that would prove my point and the right point, that a Head Coach is only as good as his Assistant Coaches.

But, yeah, whenever someone destroys your little whiny post, I guess it makes it easy to reply back with...."my eyes are bleeding, blah, blah, blah...."

You did nothing of the sort. 

Those head coaches I listed were not successful ONLY when they had people who became head coaches under them. 

Your "point" was ridiculous.

If you seriously think Dye, Meyer, Bryant, Paterno, Bowden,  Dooley, etc. were successful only because of the assistants they hired ,you're way,way flucking dumber than I ever thought you were. 

Good head coaches make good assistants.  That's the way it works.  But you keep on roiling in the dumbassity.  I'll just point and laugh.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2009, 05:59:46 PM »
Auburn will beat LaTech by >17. Mark my words.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2009, 06:55:19 PM »
You did nothing of the sort. 

Those head coaches I listed were not successful ONLY when they had people who became head coaches under them. 

Your "point" was ridiculous.

If you seriously think Dye, Meyer, Bryant, Paterno, Bowden,  Dooley, etc. were successful only because of the assistants they hired ,you're way,way flucking dumber than I ever thought you were. 

Good head coaches make good assistants.  That's the way it works.  But you keep on roiling in the dumbassity.  I'll just point and laugh.
"Good head coaches make good assistants"...you do realize that, that statement can easily be flipped around, right?  If you don't believe me, how did Coach Bowden fare after Coach Richt left?  How did Coach Tuberville fare after Coach Petrino left, before he hired Coach Borges?  How did Coach Spurrier fare after Coach Stoops left?
If you think that Assistant Coaches don't matter, then what would happen to a Head Coach if most or some of his assistants weren't that good, and he decided to not make a change?  Keep laughing clown
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs