Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Modern Warfare 2

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Modern Warfare 2
« Reply #200 on: December 23, 2009, 03:06:32 PM »
I have no basis for comparison, but I will tell you a wired USB headset is going to be better. Wired will always trump wireless.

I have wireless turtle beach headphones that trump any blu tooth and a lot of wired sets.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #201 on: December 23, 2009, 04:31:50 PM »
If we all were BlueTooth connected maybe I would have 1 kill per game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Token

« Reply #202 on: December 23, 2009, 05:30:08 PM »
If we all were BlueTooth connected maybe I would have 1 kill per game.

So, I was checking the stats yesterday.

Shots fired?  You were hitting less than 1.41% with 9 hits and over 400 misses.

I'm not sure bluetooth is going to help that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

« Reply #203 on: December 23, 2009, 11:36:48 PM »
So, I was checking the stats yesterday.

Shots fired?  You were hitting less than 1.41% with 9 hits and over 400 misses.

I'm not sure bluetooth is going to help that.
you take this shit serious, maybe I should go to nerd bootcamp
to improve?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #204 on: December 24, 2009, 06:57:15 AM »
you take this shit serious, maybe I should go to nerd bootcamp
to improve?

Nah it lists the stats automatically.  Not like he was breaking the abacus out on it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Jumbo

« Reply #205 on: December 24, 2009, 07:03:31 AM »
Nah it lists the stats automatically.  Not like he was breaking the abacus out on it.
He Hate Me?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #206 on: December 24, 2009, 09:01:28 AM »
Depends on how much you are looking to cough up.

I like my Jawbone...I think Best Buy has them.

You could also go with something like Howard has and go full immersion headset, with USB.

I got the "official" ps3 headset at Best Buy.  $50, but it's 10x better than the cheap piece of shit I was using.  Did it sound alright on your end last night?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #207 on: December 24, 2009, 09:06:53 AM »
I got the "official" ps3 headset at Best Buy.  $50, but it's 10x better than the cheap piece of shit I was using.  Did it sound alright on your end last night?

Well maybe that is the issue with mine then.  I had bought some $30 POS blutooth at teh Wall Marts. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #208 on: December 24, 2009, 09:08:20 AM »
Well maybe that is the issue with mine then.  I had bought some $30 POS blutooth at teh Wall Marts. 

That's what I did at first.  Called it the "Mad Catz" or some stupid shit.  Fucking sucked.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #209 on: December 24, 2009, 09:30:09 AM »
That's what I did at first.  Called it the "Mad Catz" or some stupid shit.  Fucking sucked.

So you can tell a big difference?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #210 on: December 24, 2009, 09:33:21 AM »
So you can tell a big difference?

Yeah.  Mostly in fit.  The perceived sound quality is, I think, a function of how well that little fucker fits your head.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #211 on: December 24, 2009, 09:43:27 AM »
Yeah.  Mostly in fit.  The perceived sound quality is, I think, a function of how well that little fucker fits your head.

No.  My issues with blutooth quality had nothing to do with ear fit.  It had to do with cracking and popping and just overall shitty sound quality.  I think the turtle beaches have me spoiled.

http://www.turtlebeach.com/

I can hear when a MF is trying to slip up on me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #212 on: December 25, 2009, 11:38:33 AM »
Finally got a new bluetooth.  Seems to work better than the last pos, but we'll see how long it lasts.  Couldn't find any wired head sets.  Didn't want to order online.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #213 on: December 25, 2009, 10:29:38 PM »
Well, apparently Santa thought that I was more nice then naughty this year.  Maybe he confused me with another Thrilla?

At any rate, today I am the proud recipient of an XBOX360 Elite, and Modern Warfare 2.

Next steps: 

1)figure out if I want to go with the wireless adapter, or move my modem and router into the living room so I can rig up a wired connection. 
2)figure out how I'm going to utilize the HDMI connection for audio/video.  My receiver has two HDMI ports, which are currently housing the HDMI cord from my DVR satellite box and the HDMI from my Blu Ray player.  Do I get a splitter, or just change out the Blu-Ray and XBox cord each time, depending on which one I use?  Fuck if I know...input from y'all would be appreciated...especially if you have a modern receiver with only two HDMI ports and you run more than two HDMI connections out of it.
3)renew my expired XBOX account.  this part is easy.

Then, I'll be ready to blast some fools. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #214 on: December 26, 2009, 03:37:36 AM »
Well, apparently Santa thought that I was more nice then naughty this year.  Maybe he confused me with another Thrilla?

At any rate, today I am the proud recipient of an XBOX360 Elite, and Modern Warfare 2.

Next steps: 

1)figure out if I want to go with the wireless adapter, or move my modem and router into the living room so I can rig up a wired connection. 
2)figure out how I'm going to utilize the HDMI connection for audio/video.  My receiver has two HDMI ports, which are currently housing the HDMI cord from my DVR satellite box and the HDMI from my Blu Ray player.  Do I get a splitter, or just change out the Blu-Ray and XBox cord each time, depending on which one I use?  Fuck if I know...input from y'all would be appreciated...especially if you have a modern receiver with only two HDMI ports and you run more than two HDMI connections out of it.
3)renew my expired XBOX account.  this part is easy.

Then, I'll be ready to blast some fools. 
Awesome, bring it fool.  My xbox live account = AWK1983.  Definitely invest in the wireless adapter.  It's the tits.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #215 on: December 26, 2009, 01:05:25 PM »
2)figure out how I'm going to utilize the HDMI connection for audio/video.  My receiver has two HDMI ports, which are currently housing the HDMI cord from my DVR satellite box and the HDMI from my Blu Ray player.  Do I get a splitter, or just change out the Blu-Ray and XBox cord each time, depending on which one I use?   

Spliiter, per se, won't work.  Best bet is to get a swtich box.  Depending on how much you want to spend, you can get one that requires manual switching, one that uses a remote control or one that automatically switches inputs depending on which signal is feeding. 

I started with a manual switch but have upgraded to automatic. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Jumbo

« Reply #216 on: December 26, 2009, 10:37:03 PM »
Thrilla you can use component cables for an Hd picture and hook your sound up with an optical cable or audio cables. I have a Blu-Ray player hooked up that way and the picure still looks great.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

« Reply #217 on: December 28, 2009, 01:53:25 AM »
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 $39.99 @ Target.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #218 on: December 28, 2009, 01:23:51 PM »
AWK, Kaos, Jumbo...

Thanks for the advice.   

AWK-I think I'll try to go with the wireless adapter first.   Does it pick up a signal pretty easily?  The router and wireless adapter wouldn't be very close together...the signal would have to go through 2-3 walls about 50-70 feet...

Kaos-They make the switch box for HDMI?...If so, this is the route I will try to go with.

Jumbo-I'm not sure if I can run an optic cable from the back of the XBOX.  I know it can do component, but I'll have to see how the sound would work if I do a combination of component and optic or audio cable.  I don't know if I'd be able to tell the difference between running an HDMI connection vs. running a component/optic combination...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #219 on: December 28, 2009, 01:28:31 PM »
AWK, Kaos, Jumbo...

Thanks for the advice.   

AWK-I think I'll try to go with the wireless adapter first.   Does it pick up a signal pretty easily?  The router and wireless adapter wouldn't be very close together...the signal would have to go through 2-3 walls about 50-70 feet...

Kaos-They make the switch box for HDMI?...If so, this is the route I will try to go with.

Jumbo-I'm not sure if I can run an optic cable from the back of the XBOX.  I know it can do component, but I'll have to see how the sound would work if I do a combination of component and optic or audio cable.  I don't know if I'd be able to tell the difference between running an HDMI connection vs. running a component/optic combination...
Yeah, the wireless adapter works really well.  I have my wireless modem on another floor of my house, and it still works without a hitch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."