Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Modern Warfare 2

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: Modern Warfare 2
« Reply #160 on: December 16, 2009, 08:49:37 AM »
OK after last night I remember again why I play hardcore.  A whole clip to put someone down IF then.
:king:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #161 on: December 16, 2009, 08:56:22 AM »
:king:

I gotta get this whole mic thing figured out as well.  Don't know if it is a setting with the blutooth I have or if I need a better quality blutooth but I would static/feedback about half the time.  I finally just took the damn thing off.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #162 on: December 16, 2009, 09:00:14 AM »
I gotta get this whole mic thing figured out as well.  Don't know if it is a setting with the blutooth I have or if I need a better quality blutooth but I would static/feedback about half the time.  I finally just took the damn thing off.
I don't use it when playing solo.  I wish there was a way to just link whoever was in your particular party, cause I really don't want everyone hearing the conversation nor do I care to listen to theirs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #163 on: December 16, 2009, 09:08:01 AM »
I don't use it when playing solo.  I wish there was a way to just link whoever was in your particular party, cause I really don't want everyone hearing the conversation nor do I care to listen to theirs.

Yeah that would be nice.  I have hunted on the PS3 forums about chat options.  On 360 you can do a private party that eliminates that problem.  Best I can tell there are no plans in the immediate future to have that ability on PS3.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #164 on: December 16, 2009, 09:29:08 AM »
Yeah that would be nice.  I have hunted on the PS3 forums about chat options.  On 360 you can do a private party that eliminates that problem.  Best I can tell there are no plans in the immediate future to have that ability on PS3.
PS3 Sucks!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #165 on: December 16, 2009, 09:45:16 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #166 on: December 16, 2009, 09:45:50 AM »
PS3 Sucks!

Doesn't suck but there are some facets where it is lacking.  Just like there are some where the 360 does.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #167 on: December 16, 2009, 12:10:02 PM »
PS3 Sucks!

You can toggle the mute so that you only hear the people in your party.  IF, they get a fucking invite.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #168 on: December 16, 2009, 12:34:32 PM »
You can toggle the mute so that you only hear the people in your party.  IF, they get a fucking invite.

Yea but then you have to be fucking with it every time someone new comes into the room.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #169 on: December 16, 2009, 12:44:53 PM »
You were to busy for us.  ;) but if you toggle the mute cant everyone still hear you.

The >< clan logo are you in an actual clan or do you just have that for you and your bro?  If it isnt an actual clan I was thinking of using it for all the X'rs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #170 on: December 16, 2009, 01:02:33 PM »
OK after last night I remember again why I play hardcore.  A whole clip to put someone down IF then.

^^This^^

Maybe go under your system settings, there is a menu for audio settings and input devices?  I have the wired one, hooked it up, went in and made sure that it was the audio input device and it works great...or at least on my end.

Rant on. One thing I am starting to hate about the PS3 is this:  I can sign in, web browse, get system updates and run the Internet connection test and it all works fine.  As soon as I try do download the the game updates it will fail out and I have to try anywhere from 5 to 10 times.  Always get the "Playstation Network connection error"  It will start the download and about 30% to 50% upon completion it will stop and error out.  I don't know if there server is getting slammed or what.  I have ran every test I can on my end and it works fine.  I have even went straight up plugging in an Ethernet cable and still get the same.  I also hate the fact that I have to constantly get an update for a game.  Have they never heard of testing software before a release?  I can see a release or two, but Jesus, they are now on patch 1.06.  Is it that bad on the XBox?  Rant off.

You can toggle the mute so that you only hear the people in your party.  IF, they get a phuking invite.

Sounds like someone's wittle feewings are hurt b/c he didn't get to play with the cool kids! 

Jumbo, there was one board I went 0-13 on.  You would have been proud!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #171 on: December 16, 2009, 01:10:27 PM »

^^This^^

Maybe go under your system settings, there is a menu for audio settings and input devices?  I have the wired one, hooked it up, went in and made sure that it was the audio input device and it works great...or at least on my end.

Rant on. One thing I am starting to hate about the PS3 is this:  I can sign in, web browse, get system updates and run the Internet connection test and it all works fine.  As soon as I try do download the the game updates it will fail out and I have to try anywhere from 5 to 10 times.  Always get the "Playstation Network connection error"  It will start the download and about 30% to 50% upon completion it will stop and error out.  I don't know if there server is getting slammed or what.  I have ran every test I can on my end and it works fine.  I have even went straight up plugging in an Ethernet cable and still get the same.  I also hate the fact that I have to constantly get an update for a game.  Have they never heard of testing software before a release?  I can see a release or two, but Jesus, they are now on patch 1.06.  Is it that bad on the XBox?  Rant off.

Sounds like someone's wittle feewings are hurt b/c he didn't get to play with the cool kids! 

Jumbo, there was one board I went 0-13 on.  You would have been proud!

Yea there have been more "updates/patches" on PS3 the three months I have had one than for the 2 1/2 years I have had a 360.  In PS's defense they are trying to integrate more things into one system but even then it has gotten excessive to say the least.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #172 on: December 16, 2009, 01:11:42 PM »

Sounds like you need to open some ports on your router.

As much as it pains me to say Hojo was right I have recanted from the wireless and gone direct hook-up, I was getting a ton of lag and it was pissing me off (and causing deaths and kills).  A couple things I did in addition to direct hook-up was open ports and manually configure the IP address I haven't had lag since.  It will also probably solve your fail problem.

Playstation Network Required Ports

TCP 80
TCP 443
TCP 5223
UDP 3478
UDP 3479
UDP 3658
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 01:13:38 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #173 on: December 16, 2009, 01:12:44 PM »
Yea there have been more "updates/patches" on PS3 the three months I have had one than for the 2 1/2 years I have had a 360.  In PS's defense they are trying to integrate more things into one system but even then it has gotten excessive to say the least.
You haven't been on since the beginning though.. all of them have been improvements.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 01:14:06 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #174 on: December 16, 2009, 01:17:18 PM »
You haven't been on since the beginning though.. all of them have been improvements.

I guess since I do not have it integrated into my day in day out stuff I have not noticed that the updates did anything specifically.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #175 on: December 16, 2009, 01:32:03 PM »
I guess since I do not have it integrated into my day in day out stuff I have not noticed that the updates did anything specifically.
I don't really either, but I usually will lookup what the update does.  I has also come a long way from the beginning.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #176 on: December 16, 2009, 01:39:01 PM »
I don't really either, but I usually will lookup what the update does.  I has also come a long way from the beginning.

I know the game update the other day solved the javelin glitch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #177 on: December 16, 2009, 01:49:42 PM »
Sounds like you need to open some ports on your router.

As much as it pains me to say Hojo was right I have recanted from the wireless and gone direct hook-up, I was getting a ton of lag and it was pissing me off (and causing deaths and kills).  A couple things I did in addition to direct hook-up was open ports and manually configure the IP address I haven't had lag since.  It will also probably solve your fail problem.

Playstation Network Required Ports

TCP 80
TCP 443
TCP 5223
UDP 3478
UDP 3479
UDP 3658

Good info, I have a set range of IP's and just grab one using DHCP.  I will check those ports and make sure that I allow traffic over them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #178 on: December 16, 2009, 01:52:38 PM »
Good info, I have a set range of IP's and just grab one using DHCP.  I will check those ports and make sure that I allow traffic over them.
Yeah I wouldn't let DHCP automatically assign the address to the PS3 I would configure it manually.

ie if you are using 192.168.0.1 as the router and your DHCP range is 30. I would set the PS3 at 192.168.0.28.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #179 on: December 16, 2009, 02:31:40 PM »
See, if you guys weren't queer, and on X-box live, you could just tell Sani ... "Go to party chat." 

But continue with your port router openings and ISP gayness that is PS3.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."