Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Modern Warfare 2

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Modern Warfare 2
« on: August 17, 2009, 01:07:14 PM »
Trailer that shows how actual online play will look.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Modern Warfare 2
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 08:17:45 AM »
Solid.  The bar has been raised again by Infinity Ward.  

This site shows the small differences between the PS3 version and the 360.  Plus shows some of the screenshots from actual gameplay.

http://www.lensoftruth.com/?p=16236
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 08:49:08 AM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 11:21:16 AM »
Solid.  The bar has been raised again by Infinity Ward.  

This site shows the small differences between the PS3 version and the 360.  Plus shows some of the screenshots from actual gameplay.

http://www.lensoftruth.com/?p=16236
Did you buy it for the Ps3?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 11:23:07 AM »
Did you buy it for the Ps3?

I have not as of yet.  Can't decide to or not?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2009, 11:27:26 AM »
I have not as of yet.  Can't decide to or not?
If a few here would buy it we could kill folks all night.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2009, 11:43:11 AM »

My wife asked if I want this for Christmas.  Do I?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Jumbo

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2009, 11:45:26 AM »
My wife asked if I want this for Christmas.  Do I?
Sani? Wes?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2009, 11:47:54 AM »

I told my wife about it, she is trying to get ideas for Xmas.......Jumbo, do you play guitar Hero?  It would help if I knew peoples handles so I could send out an invite! 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2009, 11:52:48 AM »
I told my wife about it, she is trying to get ideas for Xmas.......Jumbo, do you play guitar Hero?  It would help if I knew peoples handles so I could send out an invite! 

kstrlck9 is mine.   daughter messed up and put an l instead of an i.

I have RB, GH (all of them) and NCAA 09.  Not 10. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2009, 11:53:45 AM »
I'm playing band hero right now, I'm not as good as Kaos but I'm practicing. You can import some of the songs from each of the las few Guitar Hero game into Band Hero, its a lot harder than Rockband one touch import. I like the new format, 2 people can both play guitar and sing any combination.
jumbo1977 is my tag
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2009, 12:41:47 PM »
Not sure if you want it or not.  This is the deal.

It is the best first person shooter that has ever been made so if you like first person shooters then that in itself makes it a no brainer.

If you like multiplayer on line based on 360 (and I assume that PS would be comparable) then it is the standard by which all other console and a lot of PC online games are judged.  

The story mode itself is as solid as I have EVER played but part of that is because it picks up right where COD4 Modern Warfare left off.

My opinion is probably skewed because first person shooters are my thing.  It is not mandatory but would fill in some of the backstory if you picked up the first one as well.  I have not checked prices of used copies since Modern Warfare 2 came out but they should be pretty reasonable.  It's two years old now.  Wes may be a better judge of it than I would be because of my affinity of shooter games.

Some of you may want to wait until Modern Warfare 3 comes out instead.

My gamer name on both 360 and PS is Saniflush
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 01:18:21 PM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2009, 04:36:13 PM »
Last first-person shooter I played was Quake II.

I tried Halo once but got bored quickly and assasinated my own teammates.  They never let me play again.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2009, 07:46:46 AM »
Last first-person shooter I played was Quake II.

I tried Halo once but got bored quickly and assasinated my own teammates.  They never let me play again.

Sounds like you needed better people to play with.  If I had to play with the general populace all the time it would grow pretty tiresome as well and I would kill the little ardtards that end up on my team. (sometimes I still do)

Have you watched any game play footage from modern warfare 2? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2009, 11:08:45 AM »
Sounds like you needed better people to play with.  If I had to play with the general populace all the time it would grow pretty tiresome as well and I would kill the little ardtards that end up on my team. (sometimes I still do)

Have you watched any game play footage from modern warfare 2? 
I got a tactical nuke the other day Howard.  Hoooooosha!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2009, 11:16:22 AM »
I got a tactical nuke the other day Howard.  Hoooooosha!

You little camping fuck.  I have not been in a game where anyone actually got it. 

Actually I have not been online a lot.  That will change starting tonight.  I wanted to finish story mode and  the co-op stuff before I dived headlong into multiplayer. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2009, 12:43:03 PM »
I've beat the story mode and started in the co-ops and online play.  So far, my favorite part of the game is in co-op with the C-130 mission. 

Any of you beeshes on PS3 late at night, let me know.  Argo24
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2009, 12:53:31 PM »
I've beat the story mode and started in the co-ops and online play.  So far, my favorite part of the game is in co-op with the C-130 mission. 

Any of you beeshes on PS3 late at night, let me know.  Argo24

Yea that was a fun one. 
Some of the Co-op ones were pretty damn hard on veteran.  Finished the last one last night. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2009, 02:45:33 PM »
You little camping fuck.  I have not been in a game where anyone actually got it. 

Actually I have not been online a lot.  That will change starting tonight.  I wanted to finish story mode and  the co-op stuff before I dived headlong into multiplayer. 
I finished story mode, but I haven't really worked on the co-op stuff yet.  Is it any fun?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2009, 02:54:17 PM »
I finished story mode, but I haven't really worked on the co-op stuff yet.  Is it any fun?

It's got some pretty challenging ones but it also has some where you can sit back and just fuck folks up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2009, 03:16:11 PM »
What's the New shooter game that came out this week? That's what I was thinking about us all getting.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions