Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Awesome Sight....

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Awesome Sight....
« on: August 17, 2009, 12:08:28 PM »
This past Friday, 4 of us from here in Dothan went down Wes' way and chartered a boat out of Grayton Beach for a half day trip.  Didn't know you could do this (I do now) but this guy, and several other charters, backed right down the beach and launched in to the surf.  We never went more than 2-3 miles out and caught the limit of snapper within an hour.  Trolled about a mile out and loaded up on King Mackeral and Mahi-mahi. 

The Captain had been telling us about 3 whale sharks that had been cruising the area over the past week.  Whale Shark? I thought you only saw that shit on Discovery Channel or at the Georgia Aquarium.  Not a mile off the beach around Destin.  But, after we had been out a couple of hours, we spotted one.  Drove the boat right up to it and cruised along side of it for a while.  Two other boats pulled up as well and this guy and girl jumped in the water with masks and snorkels on and grabbed hold off his fin and rode the damn thing for a few seconds.  At first, we were amazed.  After they kept pursuing it, we were pulling for the shark to slap the shit out of them with it's back fin. 

The boat we were on was 19'.  The shark was a little longer than the boat.  From what I understand about those things and how big they get, we were looking at a mere pup.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: Awesome Sight....
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 12:11:18 PM »
This past Friday, 4 of us from here in Dothan went down Wes' way and chartered a boat out of Grayton Beach for a half day trip.  Didn't know you could do this (I do now) but this guy, and several other charters, backed right down the beach and launched in to the surf.  We never went more than 2-3 miles out and caught the limit of snapper within an hour.  Trolled about a mile out and loaded up on King Mackeral and Mahi-mahi. 

The Captain had been telling us about 3 whale sharks that had been cruising the area over the past week.  Whale Shark? I thought you only saw that shit on Discovery Channel or at the Georgia Aquarium.  Not a mile off the beach around Destin.  But, after we had been out a couple of hours, we spotted one.  Drove the boat right up to it and cruised along side of it for a while.  Two other boats pulled up as well and this guy and girl jumped in the water with masks and snorkels on and grabbed hold off his fin and rode the damn thing for a few seconds.  At first, we were amazed.  After they kept pursuing it, we were pulling for the shark to slap the shit out of them with it's back fin. 

The boat we were on was 19'.  The shark was a little longer than the boat.  From what I understand about those things and how big they get, we were looking at a mere pup.   

Beach charter?  That's a new one on me.  Makes sense for you uppity 30-A folks that don't like to mingle with the dock workers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Awesome Sight....
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 12:19:51 PM »
Beach charter?  That's a new one on me.  Makes sense for you uppity 30-A folks that don't like to mingle with the dock workers.

Riff-raff, the whole lot of you.  There were about 10 boats that put in there at Grayton.  I was seriously wondering how they were going to pull it off.  But, they all had these oversized, super-inflated tires on the trailers and popped em' in and out with no problem. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."