Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

BCS Championship Game

Ogre

BCS Championship Game
« on: January 08, 2008, 08:46:50 AM »
What are your thoughts on the BCS Championship Game? 

I was pulling for LSU to win, mainly because I wanted the SEC to punk the Big Televen once again.  It was cool to hear all the chants of 'SEC...SEC' coming from the stands as time ticked off the clock.  I know that had to stick in the craw of all the OSU fans.

The one thing that really pisses me off about LSU winning is that they lost 2 fricking games.  Just 3 years ago we go UNDEFUCKINGFEATED and get jobbed.  That shit really gets under my skin.

Oh well, congrats to LSU.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: BCS Championship Game
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 09:10:10 AM »

I was pulling for LSU to win, mainly because I wanted the SEC to punk the Big Televen once again.  It was cool to hear all the chants of 'SEC...SEC' coming from the stands as time ticked off the clock.  I know that had to stick in the craw of all the OSU fans.

The one thing that really pisses me off about LSU winning is that they lost 2 fricking games.  Just 3 years ago we go UNDEFUCKINGFEATED and get jobbed.  That shit really gets under my skin.

Its a sham
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 09:40:52 AM »

LSU can geaux have relations with themselves.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Tidesucksass

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 10:16:38 AM »
UGA's president is now calling for a D1 playoff.

Coincidence ?

Fucking hypocrite.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2008, 10:47:53 AM »

Coincidence ?

Fucking hypocrite.

Funny enough the talking heads on the Ocho last night actually dogged the PAC 10 for not supporting a playoff or at least a +1 game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Tidesucksass

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2008, 11:04:09 AM »
Buckeys = Bills
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2008, 11:17:46 AM »
Buckeys = Bills

:bugs:

BTW if anyone has any OSU friends, I sent them this attached with the above logo in an email...I thought it was pretty good.

AP Story 1/8/2008
After the loss Ohio State has decided to change it's trademark logo.  To say people were shocked is an understatement. When asked President E. Gorden Gee thought it was best to configure the logo to match the current affairs of Ohio State University and its football team. "We are known for our football program, I thought it would help to market us better, and for future title games" responded Gee. It is not known yet when the new logo will replace the current one.

Congrats to the SEC 7-2
« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 11:20:17 AM by BK AU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2008, 12:26:02 PM »

Coincidence ?

Fucking hypocrite.

Funny enough the talking heads on the Ocho last night actually dogged the PAC 10 for not supporting a playoff or at least a +1 game.

Here's a great article on it.  Kind of makes me think the BCS is dying a slow, painful death, as it should.  Oh yeah...the Big Ten and Pac-10 are pussies.

NEW ORLEANS – It was another listless BCS mismatch, Louisiana State not even needing a truly great performance to beat Ohio State 38-24 in a game with little drama after the second quarter; another final frustration in college football's failed-championship system.

More years than not we get long waits and low drama, multiple teams complaining that they were, if not the real champion (hello USC, Georgia and West Virginia), at least would have been better competition after a lopsided finale.

LSU is the legitimate champion – the BCS was the agreed upon system and the Tigers won it fair and square. But this is too great a sport to not deserve and demand better.

Ohio State is actually a good football team; just not good enough to be seeded into the title game based as much on schedule, timing and other squads stumbles. For the second consecutive year the Buckeyes were outclassed and left fans everywhere dreaming over matchups that never occurred.

All of this after a 50-plus day wait, including a long weekend after the other BCS bowls that again allowed the NFL to seize the spotlight and casual fan momentum away from the college game.

This is simply no way to run a sport, no matter how many excuses are made for a system good only to the suits counting the money.

Les Miles and LSU are happy to be BCS Champions, but many would like to see a new system in place to determine a true national champion.
So it was with renewed hope that two of just such power brokers, two of the sport's most progressive commissioners – Mike Slive of the SEC and John Swofford of the ACC – spoke Monday in fairly bold terms about seriously exploring a "Football Final Four" in the coming months.

Both said there was increased interest and open-mindedness within their conferences, including university presidents, about moving toward a "Plus One" system, essentially a mini-playoff, with four seeded teams that could be implemented as soon as 2010.

It may not be perfect, but it would better. Not only would it quiet some of the debates about access, it would help build momentum in a sport that seems to just sag at the end.

In essence, the sport has grown so competitive, balanced and big – in part because of the BCS – that it has outgrown the decade-old system.

The question is just how bold Slive, Swofford and their fellow forward-thinkers are willing to be to push the sport into the 21st century.

They have allies in exploring the possibilities in the Big East, Big 12, all the smaller conferences and, likely, still influential Notre Dame. Not to mention television networks who covet the chance to broadcast a real championship system that would allow the audience to build on itself.

Standing in the way, of course, are the obstructionists – the Big Ten, Pac-10 and their corporate partner, the Rose Bowl.

Pac-10 commissioner Tom Hansen has gone so far as say he will pull his league out of the BCS if a Plus One is adopted.

It's such a laughable claim the other league's should go ahead and dare him.

Everyone else should form their Plus One and let the Big Ten and Pac-10 return to an era gone by and compete solely in the Rose Bowl if they so please.

A tournament with the four best teams from the other four major leagues, Notre Dame and even an upstart mid-major (unlikely) could not only stand on its own but quickly surpass interest in the current system.

If Hansen and Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany want to stick to the Rose Bowl, let them. It's unlikely that position – or their employment – would last long if they did.

First irate fans and coaches would demand inclusion in the tournament to their presidents who rarely stick with unpopular causes.

By the time the other leagues started pillaging the Midwest and California for recruits interested in playing for a real national title and not in two old guys' strange devotion for some game after a parade, it would be over.

Yes, the Rose Bowl could conceivably produce a better matchup – say if Ohio State and USC entered unbeaten – but that would be a worthy risk for everyone else. Most years the Rose Bowl would be marginalized by the real tournament.

Unity would come quickly.

A four -team playoff wouldn't end the debates or guarantee great championship games – the Super Bowl isn't always competitive – but in every imaginable way it is improvement over what we have. It would be a great step forward.

However, there is significant doubt whether Slive and the others will really have the backbone to force the issue, to stand up strong and tall against Delany and Hansen.

But with each small step, with each increase in the forcefulness of their statements, with each dull BCS game and round of dead television ratings, hope pushes forward that these two and others will be emboldened.

College football has perhaps the most passionate fans in all of American sports. And no matter the establishment spin, they want and deserve something better than this.

Monday was a great night for LSU, a well deserved BCS championship for Les Miles and his players to cap a thrilling season.

For everyone else who loves this game, though, it was just another ho-hum ending, just another night of wondering what might have been.

Dan Wetzel is Yahoo! Sports' national columnist. Send Dan a question or comment for potential use in a future column or webcast.

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=759128

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2008, 02:13:17 PM »
LSU can geaux have relations with themselves.
I can relate.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2008, 02:13:54 PM »

I'm still pissed as well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2008, 02:19:46 PM »
Interesting read.  IF (and that's a big IF) this were to happen, I would have to think that the Pussified 10 and the Big 11 10 would have to play each other for all of their nonconference games as well.  I wouldn't won't to schedule a team from one of those conferences if they didn't have the same goal to play for.  I guess we would have another division of football.

FBS
FCS
RoseBowlSubdivision.

:fu: all of those hippie bastards.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2008, 04:05:56 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."