Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Lawyers

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
Re: Lawyers
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2009, 02:42:17 PM »
The Lieyers is a Sani standard.  The magnets are surprisingly affordable and the technique of flipping them out the window towards the wrecked vehicle so that it is prominently displayed can be easily mastered with a little practice.  Word of advice to novice ambulance chasers....be sure and guage the wind speeds and direction before you flip the magnet.  And, as everyone knows, never launch at speeds over 28 m.p.h. 
I like to chase.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2009, 04:28:33 PM »
Good Money, flexible hours...can you dance on a pole?

Seriously though...two words "Outside Sales" talk to AUtailgating.

Word. It's what I do. I work out of my house. Make pretty good money. Have a huge expense account. A company car that pays for every bit of gas and maintanence I put in it. And I work less than most people.

And now that I am divorced...my golf handicap is back at around 7!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 04:34:38 PM by War Eagle!!! »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2009, 04:29:45 PM »
Word. It's what I do. I work out of my house. Make pretty good money. Have a huge expense about. A company car that pays for every bit of gas and maintanence I put in it. And I work less than most people.

And now that I am divorced...my golf handicap is back at around 7!

You're buying at the next golf outing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2009, 07:12:31 AM »
Lawyering can be an honorable profession.  One of my best friends from high school is a lawyer as was his dad.  I can't think of two finer people.  I have nothing but respect and admiration for them.  Even though I'm 40-plus the idea of going to law school still percolates in my head because of them. I'd like to do what they do.

On the other hand, there are some greasy fucks.  When my first wife died in a car accident -- one that almost killed me -- I got sympathy cards from half a dozen lawyers, none of whom I'd ever met.  I got phone calls from several others offering their condolences and letting me know they were there should I need their services.  I did not.

The guy who hit us had no insurance.  My uninsured motorist policy was supposed to kick in.  After four or five months of promises, the company declared insolvency.  I retained my friend who was then working for a firm in Birmingham.

Took nearly a year, but he got the money from the insurance company.  He would not take a fee and billed me only for actual expenses.  I'm sure his firm jacked him for the hours he should have billed but I don't know for sure. 

Later my wife's mother contacted me.  She had hired a lawyer of her own and said she had some issues she wanted me involved in.  Her mother was a douchebag and had not been involved in my wife's life for many years prior to our marriage. But I got my lawyer and we went to meet with hers. 

Her plan was to sue the convenience store where the driver who hit us had gotten his alcohol.  Sue the 22-year old girl who was working at the convenience store. Sue the other driver's mother and collect from her homeowner's policy because he had stopped by there a few hours before hitting us and she knew he had been drinking when he got in his truck.  Sue a service station where he had stopped to use a pay phone when he was drunk.   Sue his ex-wife (the divorce was finalized that day and she was still the beneficiary of his life insurance policies).  Yes, the guy was slam hammered when he hit us.  His BAC was something like .381 and rising. State troopers said he was probably unconscious and perhaps on the verge of death from alcohol poisoning.  He was certainly dead.  His body was in pieces and buried in the front of my truck. 

The other lawyer recounted all this with drool running from his mouth. We could sue all these people and get tons of money.  We'd attach the earnings of this 22-year old convenience store clerk for LIFE! 

I got up from the table, told them they'd lost their fucking mind and would have no part of it.  I wasn't going to add to the misery of that guy's mother, ruin the life of some girl schlumping her way through college or any of the rest of that.  My lawyer friend said that was the right thing to do and he respected it. 

The other lawyer and her mom badgeredme for months.  Said the planned lawsuits wouldn't have the same effect unless I participated.  I told them repeatedly to get fucked.  They filed anyway eventually.  Got nothing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.