Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Auburn players filling the injury list

Birmingham

Auburn players filling the injury list
« on: August 14, 2009, 01:15:38 PM »
Freeman out
Linebacker Eltoro Freeman sat out Thursday’s practice and was sporting a black cast from his hand to midway up his forearm.

He joined fellow scholarship linebackers Harris Gaston, Adam Herring, Spencer Pybus on the sidelines. Auburn has just three healthy scholarship linebackers, which includes true freshman Jonathan Evans.

NO-line
Offensive line coach Jeff Grimes has an entire offensive line’s worth of injured players.

Andre Harris, Vance Smith, Darrell Roseman (sling on right arm), A.J. Greene and Bart Eddins all were inactive at Thursday’s practice.

Aside from his first-team group, Grimes had just two scholarship linemen (John Sullen and Jared Cooper) working with him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

Re: Auburn players filling the injury list
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 01:18:35 PM »
It doesn't matter who you get to play QB for you, if you can't protect the poor kid he's not going to produce the way most want.  I think Kodi and Todd are more than capable of succeeding at QB this year, I think they both have the ability and leadership skills.  This o-line may create problems that don't allow any of that to happen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Aubie16

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 02:46:12 PM »
Depth and injuries are no doubt a huge concern with this team, but keep in mind that we are playing it VERY safe with certain players this fall. Because our depth is non-existent, some guys are sitting out practices with a slight injury that they would normally play through.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 02:48:12 PM »
Depth and injuries are no doubt a huge concern with this team, but keep in mind that we are playing it VERY safe with certain players this fall. Because our depth is non-existent, some guys are sitting out practices with a slight injury that they would normally play through.

Also, half the players he listed in that snippet are back at practice today.  Aub16's correct, and this list changes daily. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 02:49:12 PM »
It doesn't matter who you get to play QB for you, if you can't protect the poor kid he's not going to produce the way most want.  I think Kodi and Todd are more than capable of succeeding at QB this year, I think they both have the ability and leadership skills.  This o-line may create problems that don't allow any of that to happen.

Keep up blockhead, Burns is now at WR.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Birmingham

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 05:19:31 PM »
I'm aware of that "block head".  I was mentioning it for those that prefer Burns rather than Todd.  I was saying no matter who's back there, if the line doesn't hold then they would both be in the same position (on the ground).

Please go back to posts that aren't thought out and that remind all of us just how much of an internet bad ass you are.  Bye bitch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions